[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

+*** is Beltran the tin man? I'm tired of his !#+ every year missing 40+ games it seems. And he finally is having a great year this year and he getsinjured again. This team puts to much stress on a dude

Knee problems are no joke, and he did only miss like 2 games last year.

[table][tr][td] [/td] [td]Jason Hammel, RHP (5-5, 4.28)
Rockies (54-46)[/td] [td] @ [/td] [td] [/td] [td]Johan Santana, LHP (11-8, 3.12)
Mets (48-51)[/td] [/tr][/table]
Scouting Report:
Rockies: Hammel gave up three runs and seven hits in six mostly solid innings of a 3-1 loss to the Giants on Friday night. It was a step forward for Hammel, who had struggled with fleeting fastball command during home games. But this start is at the Mets' Citi Field, and Hammel is a beast on the road -- 4-2, 1.93 ERA.

Mets: In easily his worst start of the month, Santana served up five runs on a career-high 12 hits and three walks last Friday in Houston, taking his eighth loss -- though only the third in which he did not submit a quality start. The Mets can only hope a reprieve will come at Citi Field, where Santana holds a 1.86 ERA this season, and where he has never failed to deliver a quality start. He will be making his first-ever start against the Rockies, one of only two teams he has never faced (the other being the Twins, his former employer for eight seasons).

Castillo's numbers in the 2nd slot in the batting order in 2009:
In 168 plate appearances Luis is hitting .361/.459/.429 for a .888 OPS. He has started 38 games in that position in the lineup. He has scored 38 runs in those 38 games.

Imagine this offense if everyone were here from Day 1......shame.

http://shop.mlb.com/famil...x.jsp?categoryId=3703165

Mets players designed this merchandise. I like the Sheff pull over jersey (Except for the picture in the numbers)

and the Parnell Jersey and Cap (Only if it was fitted)

Some of it is by personal choice (like Putz Jersey, nice tribute, just too much going on)

Would by at the end of clearence sale on MLB.COM but not now. It is also available at Citi Field. (Which means you will be paying 20 more than what MLB.com ischarging.) EDIT- come to think of it, if they are those new crappy screen printed swingman jerseys, then the sheff and Number would be easy to take off. Iwould do that and just leave the 500 patch at the bottom.

Pelf came up big with the win. Now for Santana to continue the win streak. Glad Tony got fired & hopefully the training staff is next.Hopefully Phillies dont get Halladay.

laugh.gif
there was this guy in my section last night trying to start some chant except he was speaking total gibberish (dude had to have been hammered)

"I WANT YOU ALL TO SAY...JLFHDI;HDFGIHETGULHGUKSEUKLGHSEULFGUELRHFUEHRFUEHFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The funny thing is that this guy looked like a more disheveled John Maine
roll.gif

Probably spent so much time rehabbing his injury that he went deranged.

Also the "Citivision" board in RF stopped working in the second inning and didn't display anything for the rest of the game...dunno if Gary andthe guys on SNY made a mention of this.

They did.

Keith was like "So much for this working out of the Box, Hope they kept the reciept"

It was so under the radar and he made it so unfunny that really no one laugh and they continued the call.

Tonight's Lineup:

Pagan-CF
Castillo-2B
Wright-3B
Murphy-1B
Franceour-RF
Sullivan-LF
Santos-C
Cora-SS
Santana-P

Rain-out. Make-up game tomorrow as part of a day-night doubleheader.

Personally, I would've tried to force this game in since the NY weather looks terrible for the next few days.

its not going to stop raining until tomm, should be fine tomm

not easy to sweep double headers though let alone when we
lack depth right now, so maybe no 6 game winning streak 3 of 4 is
fine by me though.

Diamondbacks are next too, if they keep it up the W's
will keep coming.

its not going to stop raining until tomm, should be fine tomm

not easy to sweep double headers though let alone when we
lack depth right now, so maybe no 6 game winning streak 3 of 4 is
fine by me though.

Diamondbacks are next too, if they keep it up the W's
will keep coming.

The rainout tonight was unfortunate because the Mets are on a winning streak and they need to play to take time off all these off-field issues with managementand the media.

Castillo is not playing in either day/night game tomm as his wife is giving birth, good for him.

* waits for "Mets medical staff should keep away" or "hope Castillo doesn't catch the baby" jokes.

any mets fans wanna help me out.

im going to be in new york next week during the days of the cardinals series.

i wanna make it to a game or 2 while i'm out there. i'm a mets fan living in LA so its good to finally be able to catch a mets home game for the firsttime in years.

i would be looking to spend about $25-30 for whatever seat i can get. what would you reccomend being the best route to go; ticketmaster, stubhub, scalpers etc.also what seats would you reccomend

also is it possible moving to better seats once your inside the stadium or do the ushers stay on top of that stuff. im asking because at angel games you canbuy the cheapest tickets and sit wherever because the ushers never really check for your ticket stub

how is it dealing with the scalpers on the day of the game also? can you get deals or do they usually overcharge.

also if anyone wants to go to one of the games pm me.

also if you help me out and if your ever in LA and need help with tickets for a dodger or angel game or just need help with anything in general ill be sure toreturn the favor.

thanks for whatever helpful responses i get and thanks for whatever sarcastic responses i get, it would be nt without the sarcastic responses.

Upper deck seats are real real cheap on Stub Hub, I see plenty right now for like 15$ for today's game at noon which I will def go to.

Let me know when you'll go, I'm down to go if my schedule allows me to.

thanks for the help, ill send you a pm when im out there.

i'm looking at going to most likely the monday night game and the wednesday game which i beleive is an afternoon game. i gotta double check the schedule alittle later though.

it sucks the rain delay happened last night, the team has been playing pretty well the last few games of the houston series and so far during the coloradoseries.

hopefully guys continue getting healthy and they gain ground. colorado and san francisco seem catchable for that wc but they just gotta take it 1 game at atime.

Cedric -

Like Mez said, Stubhub has some of the games pretty cheap right now in the upper deck.

I sit in 524 row 14 and the seats are like you are sitting in the upper reserve boxes in the old Shea.

If you want, you can move around since it is all open space. Besides the field level seats that you need a ticket to get to the seats, most of the othersections are easliy accessible to move around.

You can also stand in most of the sections and watch the game too. So if you went to the field level and stood there behind where the steps are to go to yourseat, no one will make you move if you wanted to stand there the whole game unless the had someone that was physically disabled who had to have theirwheelchair there.

But there are alot of sections on the floor level that you can stand there and not be bothered. Do it early because by the later innings, alot of people arealready there and you can't get close enough to see everything.

Alot of times, my dad or my friends and I leave our seats come the 7th inning and just stand in the entrance way to our seats since it is easier to get readyto leave once the game is over and the view is great.

Just some Ideas for you when you go. It basically the get a cheap ticket and Mosey through the stadium.

Also, try to find Mike on the lower level, he is one of the Supervisors and he is usually nice in letting people take lower level seats come like the 5thinning. He is one of the better Supervisors on that level and he is usually on the third base side.

Carlos Beltran suddenly is optimistic he can return to the Mets within 2-to-3 weeks after taking another round of batting practice Wednesday. But the star center fielder admitted he won't know for sure until he is able to resume running full speed on the bases and in the outfield.
I have a feeling it's gonna be sooner.

He's going to have to play through the pain, it won't get any better this season.

trying to buy tix through stubhub too late ftl....i'm looking through craigslist for 3 tickets.

I gotta get my #+* out to Citi soon.

DeadsetAce may snap on us next week, a bunch of us Yankee fans and him are going to the game next Thursday.

I gotta get my @!% out to Citi soon.

DeadsetAce may snap on us next week, a bunch of us Yankee fans and him are going to the game next Thursday.

I gotta get my %%* out to Citi soon.

Back
Top Bottom