[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

yankee fan droppin in to say HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a joke +%% front office you guys got. Only the mets could have a press conference to dead a situation,only to create an even worse situation.

smh, smh indeed

Karma.

That's for doing Willie Randolpg dirty. I bet he's smiling right now in private, because the jackals in Flushing are eating eat other now.
laugh.gif

Adam vs Tony.

Wrestling match.

Winner gets the VP job of player development.

Omar is the manager in the corner for Tony. Adam gets like D.Wright.

WWE written all over it............................

laugh.gif
That was one of the most bizarre press conferences I've seen. This ranks up there with Sheed's "both teams played hard", A.I.'spractice rant, among others.
smh.gif

The fan has actually been okay (Joe and evan usually get very homerish) but this has been pretty good.

They are trying to get Adam on air.

I guess Adam got what he wanted since everyone wants to talk to him now too.

Bad situation all around.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Karma.

That's for doing Willie Randolpg dirty. I bet he's smiling right now in private, because the jackals in Flushing are eating eat other now.
laugh.gif

Karma for what?

Willie is an idiot, he misuses a pen even more than Jerry did and was a sensitive tool.

At least jerry learned as the season went on to use OTHER GUYS, Willie fell in love with someone and abused them.

And Mez, this Ike Davis cat, is he on the 40 man roster? You think he'll get called up in September or even in August if he keeps performing? We got nothing else to lose, might as well see what we got down south.

BTW if Castillo doesn't get traded I'm gonna be upset. I think we can get a pretty decent player in return for him.

He won't get called up, Mets always rush people this is his 1st successful time in the minors, let him develop.

Castillo will only get traded if the Mets get a serviceable player in return, no point in trading him and get NOTHING.

Ruben has been attacking the Mets for months. Its one thing to report about the team, but to take jabs and attack Omar all season is ridiculous.

Unfortunately Omar came off in a bad way attacking Ruben simply because he had to fire his friend Tony.....but in the end you have to handle your business Omarand not add to the distractions calling reporters out. It is 100% FACT that the Wilpons are behind this because they wereunhappy with all these "leaks", problem is Omar isn't too coherent so he comes off the wrong way.

I don't think he made his bed but he def. lost some supporters just because the way he came off. Hopefully this is the last distraction the team has todeal with now that Tony is gone.

Tonight's Lineup

Angel Pagan
Luis Castillo
David Wright
Daniel Murphy
Jeff Francoeur
Cory Sullivan
Omir Santos
Alex Cora
Ollie

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

And this was just funny to me:

In a post to Twitter, Can't Stop the Bleeding writes, "here's a list of things the Wilpons and Minaya don't understand : 1) P.R., 2) journalism, 3) ponzi schemes, 4) baseball."
laugh.gif

That's funny to me b/c it's so true. Especially number 1.

- How do you fire a manager (Willie) and turn it into a national debate? Only the Mets would decide to bring a guy 3000 miles on a roadtrip to fire him aftermidnight (almost 3a local time).
laugh.gif

- How do you allow so many leaks of stories on your asst GM (did anyone read the Bus Guy story on Sunday??
roll.gif
)? Better yet, how do you keep such adisliked individual in your organization for so long?

- How do you hold a press conference to finally fire this guy and turn it into yet another distraction/media circus?
laugh.gif

I didn't see the conference (though I'm pretty confident BSPN will air the juicy tidbits)... But from what I gather, Omar caught feelings b/c his boyhad to go. I DO agree that the Daily News was the only paper in town that was constantly running Bernazard stories making it seem like it was somethingpersonal.

But at the same time, Omar seems to be coming off as very salty. And I'm leaning to thinking he's trying to take others down just b/c Tony had to godown.

New York Mess!

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

At least jerry learned as the season went on to use OTHER GUYS, Willie fell in love with someone and abused them.

[table][tr][td]RK[/td] [td]PLAYER[/td] [td]TEAM[/td] [td]GP[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]IP[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]ER[/td] [td]BB[/td] [td]SO[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]SV[/td] [td]HLD[/td] [td]BLSV[/td] [td]ERA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Peter Moylan[/td] [td]ATL[/td] [td]55[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]43.0[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]3.98[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Pedro Feliciano[/td] [td]NYM[/td] [td]54[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]38.1[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2.82[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Carlos Marmol[/td] [td]CHC[/td] [td]52[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]48.1[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]44[/td] [td]56[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3.17[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Ryan Madson[/td] [td]PHI[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]49.1[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3.10[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Eric O'Flaherty[/td] [td]ATL[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]34.1[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3.67[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Mike Gonzalez[/td] [td]ATL[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]45.1[/td] [td]37[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]58[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3.18[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Craig Breslow[/td] [td]MIN/OAK[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]39.2[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4.54[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Kevin Gregg[/td] [td]CHC[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]47.1[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]46[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3.42[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Matt Guerrier[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]47.2[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2.08[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Bobby Parnell[/td] [td]NYM[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]37.2[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4.06[/td] [/tr][/table]

nerd.gif

I didn't like how they handled Willie Randolph's firing. Jerry Manuel is a good manager. Though Willie wasn't Connie Mack, the man did take thatteam within 1 game of the World Series (sans the flameout in 2007). Overall I just felt he deserved more time. But that's the past.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

I didn't like how they handled Willie Randolph's firing. Jerry Manuel is a good manager. Though Willie wasn't Connie Mack, the man did take that team within 1 game of the World Series (sans the flameout in 2007). Overall I just felt he deserved more time. But that's the past.
You should make a note of that on your GM applications.
eyes.gif

roll.gif
@ Castillo and Hernandez doing the Lebron powder clap.

I must say, I'm happy to see the Mets playing better.

Literally the last thing on my mind when Tatis went 0-2, but I'll take it.

How bout Razor Shines earlier giving Castillo the red light and Castillo making him look like a dummy?

Glad Bernazard is out of this organization, that dude was a tool to say the least.

Talking about Willie still? Wow.

Coincidence?

Popular former Met skipper Bobby Valentine says he won't return as manager of the Japan's Chiba Lotte Marines next season, despite mounting protests from the team's fans for Valentine to stay.

Lotte management decided before this season that it could not afford Valentine and would not renew his contract.

In a statement on his Web site, Valentine says leaving the team "is best for the Chiba Lotte Marines."

Valentine managed the Mets from 1996-2002, compiling a 536-467 record (.534) including a trip to the World Series in 2000.

laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure Bobby V will be back here managing next year.

Jerry is cool. But to me, he's a carbon copy of Willie. And if you didn't like Willie, I can't see how you could like Jerry. What exactly is Jerrybringing that Willie hasn't? The team STILL finished 1 game out with Jerry at the helm.

Like I said earlier in the season, a guy like Ozzie Guillen (and not necessarily him) would be perfect for this squad right now.

Nice homer Tatis.

Back
Top Bottom