[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

There we go, good looks.

beerlist.jpg

HOOOOEEEEEEEEEEgarden
pimp.gif

Nah its alright I'm more of a Heineken guy.

But from that list I'll usually take any dark ale.

Would of posted the pic but work does not allow me to do tinypic and stuff like that.

Sorry bout that.

Originally Posted by Proshares

^ Better than Yankee Stadium? Been hearing a lot of people prefer Citi over Yankee. How much are the beers?
i haven't been to the new Yankee stadium but i prefer the exterior of citifield over yankee stadium and im a yankees fan.

the hot dogs were a little stale but the french fries and the beer was
pimp.gif
.i was sitting next to the first baseline

Yea that list is full of bad beer.

Sole Vintage,

A lot of Yankee fans I've spoken to that have been to both Stadiums say they prefer Citi all around. I've gotta make it out one day (been saying thatall year).

[table][tr][td]Game Notes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]METS LEFTFIELDER GARY SHEFFIELD LEFT THE GAME IN THE SIXTH INNING DUE TO AN APPARENT LEG INJURY.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]METS STARTING PITCHER JONATHON NIESE LEFT THE GAME IN THE SECOND INNING DUE TO A RIGHT HAMSTRING STRAIN.[/td] [/tr][/table]
Sounds about right.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Yea that list is full of bad beer.

Sole Vintage,

A lot of Yankee fans I've spoken to that have been to both Stadiums say they prefer Citi all around. I've gotta make it out one day (been saying that all year).
you will not be disappointed its a great Stadium better than Shea, but the only down side is all those damn planes that fly over i became paranoid

I will get tickets to that game if it happens.

Bobby Parnell pitched three scoreless innings today for a save against the Cardinals.

He pitched two innings in relief on Monday.

Following today's game, Jerry Manuel said the Mets have been considering whether to move Parnell back to the rotation.

Parnell later told reporters he knew moving him back to the rotation had been discussed.

Last season for Double-A, before being promoted to the Mets, Parnell had been 10-6 with a 4.30 ERA n 24 starts.

…i bet parnell replaces Jon Niese next time through the rotation… i mean, at this point, why not… frankly, i am skeptical, because he seemingly lacked a strongsecondary pitch in the bullpen, which will be all the more important when working a second and third time through the rotation… that said, if the Mets need astarter, it may as well go to parnell, so they can see what he's got

Parnell was always supposed to be a starter anyways, he has 2 pitches and needs to develop a 3rd in the off-season.

We got Anderson Hernandez back from the Natinals

News: Mets re-acquire Anderson Hernandez
By Matthew Cerrone - Aug 6, 2009 11:18 am

The Mets have traded minor-league infielder Greg Veloz to the Nationals for infielder Anderson Hernandez.

Hernandez is expected to join the Mets tomorrow in San Diego.

…i'm going to assume this means bad news for Luis Castillo, who twisted his ankle falling down the dugout steps the other day…

Hernandez, 26, hit .251 with 12 extra base hits and 23 RBI in 77 games with the Nationals.

…anderson has already been on the disabled list this season, so at least he got it out of the way…

The 21-year-old Veloz had been hitting .232 with 18 stolen bases in 91 games in Single-A.

No Sheff tonight, Castillo going on the DL, Neise out for the year.
sick.gif

Parnell is starting Saturday, big mistake but they are desperate for arms.
grin.gif

I wanted Jerry fired in the beginning of the year, but firing him now would be another terrible and classless move. Either fire him in the off season or givehim another season. Hopefully the entire training staff is overhauled in the off season.

Nah, Jerry ain't gettin' fired. He's done a pretty good job with the squad he has had.

Omar isn't going anywhere either.

Then again, as Mez pointed out... the M*E*T*S (M*A*S*H) love to fly guys out to the west coast to fire them.
smh.gif

Walk-off grand-slam to a rookie who has never played above AA ball.

Thanks K-Rod.

+#*@ this. Goodnight.

this is just comedy now... when I need a laugh, I just turn on the Mets game.

K-Rod, just pack up your *%*@ and fly back to New York... you're embarrassing us.

I check my BB (yeah I'm saying it to be cool) at like 12:30 and jokingly tell my boy watch the Mets lost. It loads and I see K-Rod gave up a walk offgrandslam to a rookie. I just started laughing. I can't even get mad anymore. This season is like a really bad movie that you just laugh at. Word toPookieman.

Mets Acquire Jason Dubois
By Eddie Schmid [August 8 at 9:24am CST]

According to Rick Brown at the Des Moines Register, the Mets acquired outfielder Jason Dubois last night. Dubois, 30, hasn't played in the majors since2005, but has put up a solid .302/.390/.502 line for AAA Iowa this year. He could find time from the big-league bench with the Mets' injury issues.

Back
Top Bottom