New Yankee Stadium & Citi Field pics edit * 11/17 NEW PICS pg 12

New pics look great. Praise to the Mets for taking the Citi name - even though Citi kills me on CC interest... sigh.

those both look real nice. SBC Park is slowly being taken over as the nicest ballpark in the country, sadly.

but come 4-5 years from now, the Rays new park will trump them all. it sounds unbelievable.

eek.gif
smh...if this gets built, it'll be the nicest stadium in the the whole league.

img_rotunda_mid_254x201.jpg
img_scoreboard_front_254x201.jpg

img_admin_mid_254x201.jpg

img_citifield_jrrotunda_254x201.jpg

img_scoreboard_back_450x338.jpg

INTIMATE WORLD CLASS FACILITY
  • Baseball-only design
  • Approximately 45,000 total capacity
  • Seating angled toward the infield and positioned lower and closer to the field
  • 360° circulation on Concourse level with full field views
COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
  • Wider seats and more legroom between rows; wider concourses for easier access
  • More restroom facilities and concession areas to reduce lines; more elevators to facilitate movement
FAN-FRIENDLY PARK
  • Expanded Fan Fest family entertainment area
  • Sit-down restaurant in left field with field-view seating
  • State-of-the-art video boards and sound system
  • Significant access enhancements with full ADA compliance
BETWEEN THE LINES
  • Natural grass playing field
  • Field dimensions and distinctive asymmetrical outfield wall make this a traditional pitcher's park
  • Right field "porch" in fair territory extends eight feet out over the field
EASY ACCESS
  • Parking lot will be more efficient with new points of entry.
    • 8,500 spaces between on-site and adjacent off-site parking
    • 3,680 spaces in remote lots in surrounding areas
  • Existing Subway and Long Island Railroad access in close proximity to main entrance
CLASSIC DESIGN
  • Exterior facade and main entry rotunda inspired by Ebbets Field (Brooklyn, 1913-57)
  • Red brick, granite and cast stone comprise the construction materials of the exterior facade
  • Exposed steel will be a very dark blue and the seats will be dark green
  • Landscaping, lighting, banners, and plaza finishes will be designed to enhance the ambient environment for the fans
NEW YORK CITY CONNECTION
  • Mets' connection to New York City will be reflected in areas throughout the new Citi Field
    • Jackie Robinson Rotunda
    • Empire Suites
    • Ebbets Club
DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION
  • Project managed by Queens Ballpark Company, L.L.C.
  • Designed by HOK Sport; construction management by Hunt-Bovis
  • Completion set for Opening Day 2009
Say what you will but the upgrade from shea to citi> old yankee stadium to new yankee stadium

dont believe me... look here http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/ballpark/citifield_comparison.jsp

eek.gif

new Yankee stadium looks crazy...if i ever go to NY again i'm definitely gonna have to check out a game.

i like how citi field looks . but it looks like all the other new parks. nys looks prestigous, like a baseball cathedral. it looks like it smells successful,like victory ...........

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

word to her orgasm when Roger announced he was coming back from the pressbox
laugh.gif
My friends and I make fun of her and John Sterling chance we get.
roll.gif

John: Isn't it AMAZING, Suzyn?
Suzyn: OH, MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!

Originally Posted by onewearz

i like how citi field looks . but it looks like all the other new parks. nys looks prestigous, like a baseball cathedral. it looks like it smells successful, like victory ...........

eyes.gif
And your sig says, "Hank's gonna restore the universe....."

You sound extremely unbiased, please give me your opinion on who will be better this year, the Yankees or Mets? I'd love to hear it.
laugh.gif

eyes.gif
And your sig says, "Hank's gonna restore the universe ....."

You sound extremely unbiased, please give me your opinion on who will be better this year, the Yankees or Mets? I'd love to hear it.
laugh.gif

The Yanks of course
laugh.gif
, no self respecting yankee fanwould ever concede defeat to those biter's from queens. Hank's no bulls*#*er, he will restore the universe.......

hank.jpg

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

word to her orgasm when Roger announced he was coming back from the pressbox
laugh.gif

My friends and I make fun of her and John Sterling chance we get.
roll.gif

John: Isn't it AMAZING, Suzyn?
Suzyn: OH, MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by stevielips

164931351_a6a42066dd.jpg

Citizens > Citi and Yankees.

They're not touching the Schimtter sandwich, or Bull's BBQ.

Ehh, I've been to Citizens Bank Park & Turner Field. Especially when you consider that CBP is something close to 10 years newer than Turner Field,I wasn't that impressed. I mean, it's nice, but nothing mindblowing at all, and I've had great seats in both. If you're basing it on asandwich though, I guess that means you're definitely from Philly.
laugh.gif

Meh - it looks nice, but nothing special compared to some of the stadiums built in the last 10 years... impossible to make a true judgment on it til it'sdone, but i must say, it's a little underwhelming - especially for the richest team in baseball.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Meh - it looks nice, but nothing special compared to some of the stadiums built in the last 10 years... impossible to make a true judgment on it til it's done, but i must say, it's a little underwhelming - especially for the richest team in baseball.
indifferent.gif

It'll be the best stadium in baseball & the most expensive.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Meh - it looks nice, but nothing special compared to some of the stadiums built in the last 10 years... impossible to make a true judgment on it til it's done, but i must say, it's a little underwhelming - especially for the richest team in baseball.
indifferent.gif

what does expensive have to do anything with how the stadium looks..and it is in nyc so material is more expensive.

Originally Posted by mario23407

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

indifferent.gif

what does expensive have to do anything with how the stadium looks..and it is in nyc so material is more expensive.
I blame the mafia construction for the high cost. As for the stadium? It's the nicest Cathedral since Notre Dame.

Back
Top Bottom