New Yankee Stadium & Citi Field pics edit * 11/17 NEW PICS pg 12

Originally Posted by Yoda

Because I really wanted to try to catch a game in Yankee Stadium before they moved.

Its not too late my dude..Go for the Fujifilm $5 game nights in the bleachers. Cant beat it.

Me and 2 of my boys bought #2 Holiday Pack for 167. 7 games in every month, with 2 games in June. We're getting tickets to Opening Day, August 28th, and the Last Game.

Just cause I'm from NY, I wanna get the last game at Shea, too.

Good looks on that, I'm going to check out the 5 dollar game nights. I really need to see a game there, I've been a Yankee fan my whole life, butI moved when I was younger and have never been back to see a game despite visiting family often.

updated pics of citi field overhead ...

Citi_011508_1.jpg

Citi_011508_2.jpg

Citi_011508_4.jpg

looks huge .....

Can't wait for Citi Field in 2009. I am going to try my best to get to the last game at Shea against the Marlins. Last game at Yankee stadium will be aridiculous ticket to get.

^Yeah I will try to be at that last game as well. Both stadiums look beautiful....I am still disappointed in the Mets for going the corporate rout though andgiving up the naming rights. I applaud the Yankees for not doing that. I love how the new Yankees stadium takes it back to the early days and Citi is veryreminiscent of Ebbets Field.

Anybody who will be in the NY area during baseball season go check out yankee stadium. You'll get plenty of chances with $5 dollar tickets and stuff likethat. I also recommend the yankee stadium tour, you get to go in the clubhouse and dugout as well as the press room.

I think the Nationals ballpark will be cool but it wont be touching either of the NY stadiums.

some updated pics of the progress being made @ baseballs Taj Mahal
smokin.gif

2248285906_d420500c51_o.jpg

2247491411_24513d0b87_o.jpg

2248285830_bdd88ff026_o.jpg

2247491171_646acc8ecf_o.jpg

2247491571_48a09e654b_o.jpg

2248286112_bd3185615a_o.jpg

nyff1010207171024x768wn3.jpg

nyff1040207171024x768jy2.jpg

nyff1050207171024x768ej0.jpg

nyff1060207171024x768ym0.jpg

nyff1080207171024x768ta7.jpg

nyff1090207171024x768zq0.jpg

got this from http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2008/02/07/some-details-on-the-new-stadium/
[h2]Some details on the new Stadium[/h2]
The Yankees put on quite a show for the media today. Chief Operating Officer Lonn Trost invited everybody into George Steinbrenner's suite at the Stadium where there's a model of the new park.

After pointing out some features, they showed us a 20-minute film (narrated by John Sterling) they're using to sell luxury suites. We then went over to the Stadium after getting the mandatory hard hats.

It's hard to get a feel for a baseball park when the field is covered by giant cranes, trucks and cement blocks. But the place is huge. Trost said the new Stadium is 63 percent larger than the old site, an additional 500,000 square feet.

The scoreboard screen, as an example, will be six times larger than what they have now. The high-definition screen will be 58 x 103. There will also be hand-operated scoreboards in the fence in right center and left center.

Here are answers to some of your questions:

The old Stadium: It will be torn down in the spring of 2009 and converted into a public park. Plans calls for 12,000 trees to be planted in the shape of the stadium. There will be a baseball field, a softball field and a Little League field. But outside of the warning track, no footprint of the field will remain. The city of New York owns the old stadium and will be responsible for taking it down and selling off seats and other things.

Metro North: The station is half completed. It will service the Harlem, New Haven and Hudson lines.

Parking: There are 7,000 spaces now. There will be 11,000 eventually.

Bleachers: There will be roughly the same amount of seats. The fans in the bleachers will have their own food court. There will be a sports bar (open to the general public) in straightaway center field.

Fans seated next to the restaurant on the left field side won't be able to see right field (and vice versa) but the side walls of the restaurant will have television screens.

The look: The white frieze will be positioned across the entire grandstand. All the seats will be blue and the field dimensions will be exactly the same as they are now. The split upper deck reminded me of Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia. Each section has an open concourse, meaning you'll be able to see the field when you leave your seat.

Capacity: The current Stadium holds 56,000. The new Stadium will hold 53,000 including standing room. Trost said they were constrained by space. But there will be a significant increase in the number of fans who sit in luxury boxes. For the average fan, it will be a tougher ticket.

The seats: They will be wider, deeper and have more leg room. The bleachers will still be benches.

Monument Park: Will be in center field and more accessible. All of the monuments and plaques will be moved over.

Yankees Museum: Will be down the right field concourse. Thurman Munson's locker and other artifacts will be there.

All-year round: The Stadium will have a banquet, business and conference center that will be used all year. Several of the restaurants will be open all year as well. Suites will be available for rent for parties, weddings, etc.

The clubhouse: It will stretch from behind the plate nearly to the right-field foul pole. Two batting cages, a soft-toss cage, an enormous clubhouse. Office space for everybody including the strength coach, traveling secretary, etc. A room for the coaches, a room for staff members, a huge trainers room complete with a rehab pool, a press-conference room, etc.

The Great Hall: When you come in off the street, it will be through the Great Hall, a 31,000-square foot area that will serve as a concourse before entering the actual Stadium. There will be a transparent ceiling but open-air windows.

site of the old stadium

heritage_park.jpg

frown.gif

i don't see the appeal in a stadium that looks like an art museum and as exciting as a library.

like i said, nationals park > the new yankee stadium + citi field.

Originally Posted by chozin87

where exactly are they building this new yankee stadium?

Right next to the current Yankee Stadium. You can see it in the photos.
So this new stadium will have more luxury boxes/seating, but 3,000 less overall capacity? That's kind of crappy. The facade looks like aninstitution similar to what you would see on Wall Street or the the DC Mall. Kind of impressive.

good looks...haven't been home in a while...been meaning to run through the bx and explore

those both look real nice. SBC Park is slowly being taken over as the nicest ballpark in the country, sadly.

but come 4-5 years from now, the Rays new park will trump them all. it sounds unbelievable.

The rays should keep capacity at 5,500 so they can ensure sellouts.

I'm by no means a Yankees fan, but that #+% is going to be super bad.

Thank god the Mets got rid of that dump they called Shea. Now I can only hope Chipper can't hit in the new stadium.

Originally Posted by sNeAkerPiMP 023

those both look real nice. SBC Park is slowly being taken over as the nicest ballpark in the country, sadly.

but come 4-5 years from now, the Rays new park will trump them all. it sounds unbelievable.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

But, I do have to go and get some games in before they close both stadiums, and this time take pics

Wow.

I need to make a trip to NY after they finish building that beautiful stadium, just to see it in person.

Back
Top Bottom