New thread started

I could see him holding the president title while also operating as gm. Kinda like Petrie

welp
Update on Larry Bird and Chris Webber

Kings majority owner Vivek Ranadive has been in conversations with NBA legend Larry Bird about a role in running basketball operations, The Bee has learned.

But contrary to a report earlier today, Ranadive did not meet with Bird today.

Ranadive continues to explore candidates to replace basketball president Geoff Petrie, whose contract expires at the end of the month.

Bird had been a coach and executive with the Indiana Pacers. Bird brought in many of the players that were a part of this season’s Pacers that lost in seven games in the Eastern Conference Finals.

The Kings have also had discussions about bringing in former star Chris Webber to the organization in some role. Webber is not a candidate to be the team’s general manager.
— JasonJones (@mr_jasonjones) June 6, 2013
In short, Larry Bird's not walking through that door (soon).
— JasonJones (@mr_jasonjones) June 5, 2013
Vivek indeed has spoken with Larry Bird, but did not fly to Indiana to meet. Multiple sources say no idea where meeting news came from.
— JasonJones (@mr_jasonjones) June 5, 2013

Jerry out as director of player personnel

Last edited by a moderator:
Psssh Jim Gray better be

Ken Berger tweeted that it was unlikely this morning. Would post the tweet but I'm on my tablet.

Last edited:
I'm in Europe :smile:

Gonna have to figure out how to watch the draft while I'm here :\

No need for Taken!

Just keep me posted thru this thread, I'll probably miss news since I'll be heading to bed around the mid afternoon pacific time (8 hour difference) :pimp:

it'll actually be nice since the afternoon here will be right when news comes out in the mornings for stuff that breaks early.

Back
Top Bottom