New thread started

What about Tyreke? I'd like him in NY.
No mention of him, if I had to guess, I'd say he's on his way out.

But if there was one guy I think Malone could turn around it'd be Tyreke, especially with his defensive improvements from last year. 

I think the kings don't want to comment on reke. It would probably cause us to overpay for him.

Whats the most you'd want to give Tyreke???

And Outlaw still being in Sac is weird. Same with James Johnson, he was working out at the practice facility earlier today.... probably trying to impress Malone and Vivek 
laugh.gif

It's weird to see the Kings do things like a, you know, professional basketball team - LOL.

Most has got to be 9mil.

Johnson needs to lose some weight first and foremost. Looking like Boris Diaw.

9 mil a year sounds good to me.

I wouldn't mind a 4 year deal of something like 8/9/10/11 totaling around 35-38 mil with the last year being an option.....

Looks like Clifford Ray is out for sure. We should know the fate of the rest of the assistant coaches.

Looks like Clifford Ray is out for sure. We should know the fate of the rest of the assistant coaches.
Aww man, we really could have used his dolphin-life saving skills for sure
Bobby Jackson, Jim Eyen and Alex English were all in attendance at today's workout. Clifford Ray was not. #SacKings
— James Ham (@James_Ham) June 4, 2013
I don't really care about Eyen..... I hope Bobby sticks around, maybe in a player development role but not as an assistant......

English is a nice name to have around, doubt he will be here though.
Is there a limit on how many assistants you can have?

Chris Paul would ‘look pretty good in a Sacramento Kings uniform,’ says new Kings coach
Dan Feldman Jun 4, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
3 Comments

Chris Paul will be a free agent off-season, and reports that he’s angry with the Clippers have fans of every team looking for reasons why Paul would sign with their team.

The Kings’ recently hired coach, Michael Malone, gives Sacramento fans their reason. Malone was an assistant with the Hornets when Paul played for them. Via Ailene Voisin of The Sacramento Bee:

“Obviously, Chris would look pretty good in a Sacramento Kings uniform without a doubt,” Malone said. “He’s a great friend, somebody I had a great relationship with when I spent time with him in New Orleans. We stay in touch. He’s got a lot of things going on right now. As I told him recently, I care about him. I hope he’s okay, and whatever decision he makes is best for him and his family, and I’ll always be rooting for him.”

First of all, the Kings could renounce all their free agents, and they still wouldn’t have enough cap space to offer Paul a maximum contract. Second of all, there’s no way Paul wants to sign with the lowly Kings, even if he likes Malone.

Perhaps, Malone was just making a fashion statement, saying black and purple would complement Paul well. With all due respect to purple-hating Uni Watch, with whom I mostly agree, that’s the most logical theory.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....acramento-kings-uniform-says-new-kings-coach/

Yay. I'd love for him to be part of player development

When I heard none of the assistants were being retained I was sad, only because of Bobby Jackson. Great to hear him be moving into a different role with the team.

So would ya'll be ok bringing back 'Reke for 4/40 and an option for the 4th? That would probable be the most he SHOULD be getting....but you never know I think Boston is going to make a hard run for him if we don't offer a qualifying...

The years don't bother me at all especially the 4th being an option. $10 mil is a bit generous for a guy who hasn't played like that kind of money the last three years. 4/34 is probably the most I'd like to see offered.

4/40 is exactly what I had in mind. Hell, I posted exactly what you said with the years, money and option a page or two ago 
laugh.gif

Bird looking for 5m / yr. Some say it's just leverage so he can come back to Indy. Who knows. If not Bird then more likely Chris Wallace.

5 Mill and part of ownership in Kings? seems a little steep. Not sure what other GM's would get that. Larry Bird though? Sign me up!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom