New thread started

I'm assuming there is a pretty big trade about to go down or some movement on the Tyreke front

I'm assuming there is a pretty big trade about to go down or some movement on the Tyreke front
Regardless... we look like a joke. I guess if they are trying to set a standard of "don't toy with us" it makes some sense, but in light of how players take their time to make a decision it seems very amateur.

Maybe we are trading for Granger and keeping Tyreke?

Last edited:
Everyone would make fun of us if we traded for Gay :frown: :frown:

Everyone made fun of us for the "offer" to Iguodala

We can't do nothing right :frown:

4 for $14 mil should've been accepted as soon as it was offered. I'm not so sure Iggy was going to command that kind of money anywhere else. I'm relieved they retracted the offer, but Iguodala is a fool for that.

Kings Pull $56M Offer To Andre Iguodala
Jul 03, 2013 1:35 AM EDT

The Sacramento Kings have pulled their offer to Andre Iguodala and are no longer pursuing him in free agency.

The Kings had previously offered a four-year, $56 million contract to Iguodala. A later report indicated that it was worth $52 million over four seasons.

The Kings have also been negotiating a deal with Tyreke Evans, who is a restricted free agent that has been moving closer to a deal with the New Orleans Pelicans.

With Iguodala not ready to give the Kings a reply, the front office pulled their offer to turn their attention to Evans.

The Denver Nuggets have not expressed interest to match the Kings' offer to Iguodala, according to Adrian Wojnarowski.

Via Sam Amick/USA Today

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/228588/Kings-Pull-$56M-Offer-To-Andre-Iguodala

I put my faith in Sam Amick more than anyone on the planet when it comes to breaking Kings news.

Everyone would make fun of us if we traded for Gay
frown.gif
frown.gif

Everyone made fun of us for the "offer" to Iguodala

We can't do nothing right
frown.gif
Yeah I see that now! I didn't realize Granger made 14 million and Gay is set to make like 17 million. WOW! No wonder we offer 14 for Iggy.

Where do we realistically go from here though? Try to steal away Dorell Wright from OKC? Go after somebody like Aminu and hope he isn't as terrible as it seems.

I just like everything less based on the way we approached this. We waited so long that Korver, Wright, Budinger are all but gone and now we sour the league on us. Agents are gonna eat this up aren't they? I literally feel sick right now. I think it was getting over the maloofs and feeling like we could do no wrong.

Only other thing I can think of is if we want to run Reke at the 2 and McLemore at the 3 like he thinks he can play. We need to go ahead and get Calderon if that is the case. I mean, if we can sign him to a 2-3 year deal with the last year being team option for low $ why not?

I think anything above $11 million should be reserved for players that can create their offense for teammates as well as themselves. Iguodala can't and never was able to. He's a turnover machine when he tries to run the offense. GSW is a good defensive team, but a good chunk of the Iggy turnovers were self inflicted in that series. I think it's good for us we pulled out and I don't care what others think about our front office. I applaud the move.

I think anything above $11 million should be reserved for players that can create their offense for teammates as well as themselves. Iguodala can't and never was able to. He's a turnover machine when he tries to run the offense. GSW is a good defensive team, but a good chunk of the Iggy turnovers were self inflicted in that series. I think it's good for us we pulled out and I don't care what others think about our front office. I applaud the move.
You know I think it is them trying to say "this is the new Kings". It is kind of a statement we only want people 100% on board with us. When you have Tyreke saying he wants to stay in Sac I think you gotta go with him. I like it, but I think the issue I have is why we went public with the offer.

It seems like they could have told him the offer and the ultimatum and if nothing was solved just let it be. Kind of feels like they are using this as an opportunity to let the world see. I could see how, if I was Iguodala, I could feel a little upset by that.

Wow, I still don't understand what happened.

Twitter made a lot of good points yesterday. The Kings probably pissed off Iggy's agent at least. Not sure who else he represents, but you never know who he might represent in the future. And he'll probably tell those clients "**** Sacramento."

Iggy probably wasn't worth the contract, but at the same time a team like the Kings need to overpay for a semi-well known name to even have a shot at them. And if they were gonna do that, better a guy who can do well in a team setting like Iguodala, than a complete chucker with empty numbers like Monta Ellis.

The Kings probably couldn't play Mclemore and Iggy together anyway, so maybe they avoided a logjam.

I just hope they didn't do all this just to set their sights on keeping Tyreke Evans.

Last edited:
It seems like Reke was their primary pick anyways and Iggy was a longshot they were going after which is why they made and pulled the offer so fast. Seeing how Vivek & the management team operate, they make decisions very quickly, but not before using all information available to do so first. Let's keep in mind that this isn't a Maloof management team where decisions are just made without a long term plan. Everything up to this point has had very intentional planning put in place and I would think this isn't much different. If they are truly planning on playing "Moneyball" then they're not going to have a lot of high dollar contracts on the books and right now they have Boogie & Reke. A third would severely restrict them considering some of the other contracts they also have on the books too.

I dont get it, how can teems have stacked rosters like Miami/LA/Boston, and yet people are talking about struggling signing AI, when all we have is Reke/Cousins?

I dont get it, how can teems have stacked rosters like Miami/LA/Boston, and yet people are talking about struggling signing AI, when all we have is Reke/Cousins?
After this year, the luxury tax will skyrocket, so I think you'll see teams less willing to take on multiple max contracts like Miami & Brooklyn. I think it also has to do with the size of the local market as well since local TV rights can add significantly to their overall payroll and willingness to pay the luxury tax.

Not sure how I feel about this trade. Would've liked it more had we signed Iguodala for insurance.

Vasquez I'm ok with even tho I hate his guys....

Lopez tho? I'd rather resign Aldrich for the low rather than trade for Lopez :lol:

Would've just rather let Tyreke walk.

Tyreke was the player in the trade with the most value and has the most upside, to not even get a 2nd rounder in return is disappointing to say the least. I gotta believe there's another deal coming.

the more I think about this the more I don't mind getting Vasquez and Lopez back.

The way I see it, we actually traded for assets other teams want, which is a new thing for us...

Indiana supposedly wants Lopez, so maybe they are looking to package Lopez + Thorton for Granger? Portland supposedly wanted him to.

I just think this is a middle step and worst case we just run with them. Lopez can play some D and Vasquez is a great pass first guy, though not an elite player by any stretch.

I think if you look at it as rebuilding and collecting assets it is a decent move. I wish too we could have gotten at least a 2nd rounder thrown in. OKC built their team by collecting picks and assets. It can work for small market teams.

Is Vasquez really that great of a pass first guy though?

He averaged 14 ppg, while shooting like 43% 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
 while putting up great assist numbers.

In my eyes, that could just be a interpreted as him being a high usage player and a possible ball stopper?

Is Vasquez really that great of a pass first guy though?

He averaged 14 ppg, while shooting like 43% 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
 while putting up great assist numbers.

In my eyes, that could just be a interpreted as him being a high usage player and a possible ball stopper?
Definitely not saying great but his assist % is almost twice the best on our team (IT). I just think with guys like McLemore who at this point can't really create their own shot a guy like Vasquez could be very good for us. I tried to make it clear I don't see him as an elite player.

EDIT: Looks like the Portland hunch was right.... We sure as hell better get more than Vasquez in this trade or I will die... Maybe they want to give us Batum? Yeah right...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom