New thread started

He's an actual PG with good court vision which is something Tyreke lacked, and something we haven't had in a long time.

Not since Jason Williams have we had a point guard with phenomenal court vision. But even then, despite being an insanely flashy ballhandler/distributor, JWill made some of the most boneheaded decisions I've ever seen a PG make.

Kinda wish we could have used some cap space to make that deal with GSW to take Biedrins and Jefferson. Looks like they re giving multiple picks including a 1st rounder next year. I doubt Iggy makes them that much better. Could be a lottery pick. Yowz!

Also saw this...

Pete D on SF to SacBee: " I might look at more of a veteran, someone to come in for a year or two, and who can really shoot it from deep."

Looks like maybe Wright or......??? Not a ton of vet shooters left out there.

Last edited:
Vasquez was balling last season
Kind of happy to see

Might have to buy a old Grizzlies Vasquez jersey on clearance and wear lol.
He had his days of shine at Memphis. Just gave up too quick and didn't give chance

CARL LANDRY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Landry's deal with the Kings is for approximately $26-$27 million over four years, league source says.
— Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) July 6, 2013
sooooo glad I bought his jersey on clearance last black friday for $10 
laugh.gif

CARL LANDRY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE url="[MEDIA=twitter]353610598820487168[/MEDIA]"]
Landry's deal with the Kings is for approximately $26-$27 million over four years, league source says.
— Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) July 6, 2013

sooooo glad I bought his jersey on clearance last black friday for $10 
laugh.gif

[/quote]

Wait. Do we actually want him? I duno if I do.

I'll take Landry over Hayes. But we are jammed again at the 4. Landry, Hayes, Thompson, and Patterson.

Is Patterson quick enough laterally to guard players at SF?

I mentioned this in the NBA general thread,

but I'm gonna wait till the season starts and when all the transactions are done with before grading how we did this off season.

I'm sure D'lassandro knows that we have logjams everywhere, and I'm sure he will be making more signings and trades to balance out the roster.

Kinda wish we could have used some cap space to make that deal with GSW to take Biedrins and Jefferson. Looks like they re giving multiple picks including a 1st rounder next year. I doubt Iggy makes them that much better. Could be a lottery pick. Yowz!

Also saw this...
Pete D on SF to SacBee: " I might look at more of a veteran, someone to come in for a year or two, and who can really shoot it from deep."

Looks like maybe Wright or......??? Not a ton of vet shooters left out there.

With Wright gone, maybe Carlos Delfino? Can Nick Young play SF? Corey Brewer? Seems like slim pickings unless they pull off a trade, which is looking necessary right now.

Someone has to go among Thompson, Hayes, and Patterson. My personal preference is to rotate Patterson and Landry at PF. Patterson's shooting is a nice complement to Cousins, and Landry can be Mr. Efficient off the bench. I'm think any number of playoff teams could benefit from Thompson or Hayes and might send us some expirings for them.

Then there's the guard mess we still have to look at. I'm guessing Vasquez and McLemore start, and McCallum gets some PT off the bench. That leaves Thornton, Thomas, and Fredette vying for minutes. I think Thornton is the best trade asset, but I'd only let him go for a quality starting SF. Thornton and Landry gives us two super-subs.

Last edited:
I mentioned this in the NBA general thread,

but I'm gonna wait till the season starts and when all the transactions are done with before grading how we did this off season.

I'm sure D'lassandro knows that we have logjams everywhere, and I'm sure he will be making more signings and trades to balance out the roster.

I agree with this. We have some smart guys in the FO. I'm sure D'Alessandro had to have made a pitch in his job interview about how he would address the different logjams. I have faith he has a plan, and his activity so far gives me hope. I wouldn't be surprised if we heard news of a significant trade by this time next week.

Wish we signed him for 2-3 years instead of 4. Hopefully his production is good in case we need to trade him.

Get ready for it... If the Kings sign two guys who combine to 11 mil EVERYONE will be asking why we didn't keep Tyreke.

Hoping that Sam Young is merely a backup we are looking at and Pete is working a trade for JT and Thorton for somebody who could play some SF.

His one quote was finding a shooter. Sam Young is NOT a shooter.

I'll reserve my full thoughts about Jimmer for some time down the road of his career. Right now I only say deal him because he's a young inexperienced former top ten pick that's gotten very little burn at this level. While others might say he shouldn't have been a top ten, even lottery, pick he can still put the ball through the net and that's what basketball is about. As long as you have the ability to score teams will always be interested. For me, I would definitely love to have Danny Granger even if it's only for a year.

damn u guys got chuck wagon and landry? nice.

i like the vasquez pick up

reke can kick rocks.

oh wait am i allowed to post positive comments in here?

does that make me a fan?

my lakers, my warriors, my kings???? :lol:

Boy I hope PDA and M2 can snag Granger from Indy. Probably the only scenario that would make me feel indifferent about the Reke trade.

damn u guys got chuck wagon and landry? nice.

i like the vasquez pick up

reke can kick rocks.

oh wait am i allowed to post positive comments in here?

does that make me a fan?

my lakers, my warriors, my kings???? :lol:
If you're going down that road might as well throw the clippers on there too.

My State :smokin

I don't know how I'd defend the signing of Monta Ellis....

Back
Top Bottom