New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

Originally Posted by Essential1

Man forget all this old/beat up/use to be good players!!

Believe it or not Laker fans we need to look to the future...LO?? Seriously. B Roy?? Seeriously. KG?? Seriously. Nash?! Nah.

Next thing you no everybody is going to beg for Tim Duncan.

There is no future for us.. It is right now and right now only.. Our "future" if there is one is 2 maybe 3 years long. You do whatever to win now..  And if it means once Kobe leaves we need to hit the reset button?  So be it.
All im saying is we aint winning anything with old washed up greats or role players. Straight up.
Have we not learned anything from these last two years??!!!

The game has changed we need to get younger and more athletic. I dont care how open/closed Kobe's window is. 

And honestly the reset button was pressed a year and a half ago internally.

Nah i think that "reset button" will be hit if management decides to go into next season with pau & drew still in the starting lineup

Gasol deserves A LOT of the blame too though.. He is not playing scapegoat.. Because he is part of the problem, more so than Bynum.. Get Dwight for Bynum, then what? Gasol still plays what he did this year.

Gasol does not have it anymore for this team. He's lost his edge, and the abilities that give him that edge.. Bynum has played himself off the team, but at least he has stuff left in the tank. How many games do we have to hope Gasol shows strength, which will help us win.

You know what I want to do for Gasol (it's a stretch, but not out of the realm of possibility)
Bynum has to bring in Dwight.

That 5 (along with Sessions & Kobe) beasts on any 5 in the league..

Go out and get the old favorites of SBreezy & Lamar to go with Metta & Hill, and we don't need to have any discussion about who to worry about because they can't beat us.

Gasol deserves A LOT of the blame too though.. He is not playing scapegoat.. Because he is part of the problem, more so than Bynum.. Get Dwight for Bynum, then what? Gasol still plays what he did this year.

Gasol does not have it anymore for this team. He's lost his edge, and the abilities that give him that edge.. Bynum has played himself off the team, but at least he has stuff left in the tank. How many games do we have to hope Gasol shows strength, which will help us win.

You know what I want to do for Gasol (it's a stretch, but not out of the realm of possibility)

Go out and get the old favorites of SBreezy & Lamar to go with Metta & Hill, and we don't need to have any discussion about who to worry about because they can't beat us.

Do you really believe in some of the stuff you say?

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Do you really believe in some of the stuff you say?

I read up on it first.. I never say anything unless there is some evidence of its possibility that doesn't come from someone from ESPN

Bro Gasol is the BEST SKILLED big in the League. And its not even close honestly

The problem is that 3 years ago Laker fans (along with the media) started bamboozling Laker fans into thinking Gasol was something he wasnt
And it was his fault for not having the mental toughness to no his own game.

Somehow we confuse tough with being a bruiser. we confuse skill with finesse. we confuse multi-faceted with hanging outside the paint.
I blame Gasol for only 1 thing: Losing himself & breaking down mentally

Gasol pisses me off to the max. But at this point he isnt being used correctly. He is a POST player. He is a true 2nd option. None of that has been utilized this year

Every player is not built the same. No player is perfect. Everything is a journey. And I believe Gasol has found himself again. He did well for being a 3rd option not being used correctly this past year
eyes.gif

Gasol and Bynum have no chemistry together. I don't think they're a good combo at all. The Lakers is slower when both of them are on the floor and athletic teams love that in transition especially pick and roll situations. Back in 08 , 09 etc we have athletic wing men to cover our perimeter defense. Ariza, Brown help Bynum and Gasol on defense. Without athletic perimeter wing men. The Lakers big become defensive liability in the perimeter and transition. Bynum and Gasol were exposed over the past couple years.

Trade the immature kid Bynum for an all star point guard and fix the bench by adding athletic perimeter player

Bynum is peaked. This dude is a glorified role player at best. He's not going to become Shaq or Hakeem. It will be a mistake if Lakers decide to build the franchise for this dude.

Keep Gasol. Trade Bynum. Trade everyone on the bench .

Sorry im typing on my ps3

Gasol isn't even better than Bynum... They both should be gone...

How many years do we need to give "Pau a chance"? He's not a young guy thrust into LA spotlight anymore. He's a multi time champion.

We've gone through 2011. Then said "he'll be back in 2011-2012". He wasn't. He got worse. And disappeared just like the playoff the year before.

They don't work, yes. But I'd rather play without either.

And trading Bynum for Deron is plugging 1 hole while making another. Deron comes in, Sessions is gone. So even though you added an All Star PG, you still need a new backup. Then you move Pau to Center.. You need a new PF. Who is the PF? Hill? No it isn't, Hill is on the bench? So you sign Lamar? Wait Lamar isn't on the bench, he's starting? What about Metta? Do you want to start Metta at SF again? You do? Now you're just wasting a season.

Trading Bynum for anything but Dwight Howard does us NO Good. We'll spend all offseason trying to plug different holes, and we'd be no more likely to beat the Thunder.

Taking a turd and polishing it is what you do when you trade Bynum for Deron.. Don't get me wrong I love Deron's game, but the holes you have to fill, you might as well just ask Kobe to retire now, so we can save the problems, and fade into our few years of lottery.

And
roll.gif
at Bynum being a glorified role player. Now you're going too far. If Bynum is a glorified role player, Pau Gasol is Darko at this point...

*enters thread*

Gasol still a Laker?

*looks around; no sign of him being traded, or dead*

*exits thread*

Spoiler [+]
Caaaaaaaalm down on the 'OMG! That's too far! Wishing death on players?' responses.
laugh.gif
I'm not wishing death on nobody.

Spoiler [+]
He still w/ us?

Yeap Bynum is a scam. Why ? Because look what happened when he was being defended by good post defender during the playoff. This dude suppose to be the second best center in the league ? lol. This is his 7th season. You either have it by now or you've peaked.

And regard his defensive presence or shall i say lack of it

The Denver series really exposed Bynum and soon after the OKC series just lifted the make ups and show that Bynum is a fraud. He didn't do crap defensively . If you suck on offense at least put in work defensively with your 7'1 frame. 6'10 Ibaka attempted more blocks and have more blocks than Bynum lol.

Overrated bum. And eff the Lakers fans who think this no heart scrub is the franchise player of this team. No body fear Bynum. He's not even 1/2 of Shaq nor Hakeem. 

But at this point he isnt being used correctly. He is a POST player. He is a true 2nd option. None of that has been utilized this year.

This.  Don't know why a lot of Laker supporters cant see this.  Theres not enough room for both Gasol and Bynum to be comfortable offensively, someones got to give.  Gasol is most comfortable on the block but with Bynum finally doing his thing,  Gasol is used more on the outside which isnt really his game.  Dudes need to stop throwing Gasol under the bus cause hes not being utilized correctly.  And I Hate Gasol.  

Dont know why the hate for Gasol from Laker fans. There are not a lot of trades that would make the Lakers better with Gasol going out. Considering the games we lost and how we lost against the Thunder, I really believe that if we would have got Beasley at the trade deadline, we'd still be playing. Just my 2cents.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

No body fear Bynum. He's not even 1/2 of Shaq nor Hakeem. 

laugh.gif
yeah thats why he gets double/triple teamed every time he touches the ball.
No they double him not because they fear him . They want him to pass the ball because they know how pathetic Bynum become when the second defender come to help.   Defender see Bynum with the ball. Oh great send another guy at him now. Bynum become irrelevant
laugh.gif

For all you Gasol defenders who say he isn't being used correctly, lets not forget the way he played against the Hornets and the Mavs in the playoffs the previous year. Dude has a lot of skill but mentally he is lost. Maybe he will get his %$+* together if he plays for another team, but for the Lakers he is of no use. IMO it seems like him and Kobe have major problems

^To add to that. Where was Gasol when Bynum was on the bench? Still sitting around the perimeter. So I don't want to hear he has no room with Bynum clogging up the paint. The problem is in Gasol's head. 2 straight playoffs he was a no-show. We have to cut ties with him and stop dreaming that he will be the Gasol of 08-10.

Hey, guys. Knicks fan here.

I don't want to come in here and bad mouth your guys or talk any trash. Just interested in what the Lakers' front office has in store. You guys are a focal part of the NBA and lets face, whatever you guys do does impact the league as a whole.

I have two questions for you guys--1. Do you really think Pau is on the decline and has no chemistry with Bynum? 2. Realistically speaking, if you do decided to ship Pau to lets say Houston. Would bringing in Scola and other players really help?

I mean think about it. What was the Lakers biggest advantage the past couple of years? Some people will saying it's having Kobe, but honestly I always thought it was the Lakers size. Especially having a skilled PF and a a developing/promising Bynum was always a great combination. Mix that with Odom's solid play the past few year and Kobe's leadership the Lakers were always contenders. What was so different this year?

Has to be Gasol's weak play and Kobe's poor closing of games. No matter how bad you guys want to cut it, the Lakers just got outmuscled by a younger more athletic OKC team. The NBA is transitioning into a PG driven league and in this day and age if you don't have an athletic PG or at least a smart PG--You're not really going anywhere. With the exception of Miami (LeBron can be considered a PG, I guess), I don't see many "elite" teams that don't fill this requirement.

I think you guys are looking at this whole offseason the wrong way, maybe some of you guys are. I haven't really been keeping track of the thread. But I think you guys need to get more perimeter help for Kobe and try to bring in players that can take over after he leaves.

I doubt you guys have the ability to bring in Deron, but Dwight Howard is def a possibility. Pair him with Pau and maybe other people and a bring in a third team and you guys might get back into contention. Kobe isn't getting any younger and the Lakers need someone else to carry on the leadership and I don't think Bynum is fit for that at all. He can be a dominate presence and I do think he's more than just a "glorified role player."

But players i'd look to getting rid of next year if I was in the Lakers front office would be the following-

1. Metta "Ron Artest" World Peace
2. Matt Barnes
3. Ramon Session (his stock is still kind of high I suppose, but he isn't the answer for LA)
3. Pau Gasol (for the right price)
4. Josh McRoberts

If the Lakers can get a versatile/athletic combo guard and some great perimeter defensive minded players--I think you guys are back in business.

kobe lost 2 games for them against the thunder. with his stupid shot selection and his ridiculous turnovers.

he needs to know his role. hes on the decline. play a team game.

Back
Top Bottom