New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Can we absorb ariza and the 10 pick with the LO trade exemption?

Hornets indcated just because you can absorb Ariza contract doesn't mean you can get the 10th pick. So the answer is No

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Aaaah, there you are. I was wondering when you and Doo would post again.

You? Meh, I knew you were suspended, knew you'd be back.

But Doo? I don't know what happened. He's just been a lot quieter for some reason. Can't put a finger on why.
laugh.gif

At any rate, I thought the same thing w/ those pics. "He divorce that broad or not? She rake him for a mansion & some millions or not? Did I miss something?"
laugh.gif

you know how it is. some dudes simp on the ex or atleast hit it every now and then... 

and cj watson is HOT TRASH... thats why chicago is letting him go... servicable back up my #%%. i rather the homeless white man aka steve blake than him...

loll @ steven A. even tho that trade would probs benefit both teams. steve forgot tho, kobe cant be traded without his consent, because of that clause. so even if they wanted to, mamba could be like nahhhh son. him and lebron would be serious though.

Can you imagine Kobe and Lebron on the same team.....
sick.gif
sick.gif

You can have Lebron ball out quarters 1-3 and just have Kobe take over in the 4th..

If B-Roy has anything left at all, even a year it two, I'd love to have him coming off the bench. Everyone thought T-Mac was donezo and he's carved out a nice role as a bench player. Even if he wasn't as mobile as before Roy could still be a reliable shooter and offensive spark to allow Kobe to play 33-35 mins instead of 38.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Can you imagine Kobe and Lebron on the same team.....
sick.gif
sick.gif

You can have Lebron ball out quarters 1-3 and just have Kobe take over in the 4th..

laugh.gif
The NBA might as well hand them 5 rings for the next 5 years

LO

http://mavericks.scout.com/2/1193046.html
A highly-placed league insider tells us the Mavs are already pursuing a revision to Odom's contract that would move his deadline to buy out his last year at $2.4 million from June 29, 2012 to some time in July, a contractual change that is permitted by the league with mutual agreement from both player and team. Scout.com

The primary difference that revision permits is to open up a trade of Odom from Dallas to LA, which is not only his simplest route to the Lakers, but in many ways is the best choice for all parties involved. That option is currently blocked by the rule that disallows a player to be traded back to the same team in the same NBA season (which ends June 30), and the Mavs would not want to keep him past the June 29 deadline and take the chance of being committed to his $8.2 million salary for next season. Scout.com

http://mavericks.scout.com/2/1193046.html
He needs to just throw on the colors already
Kobe+Bryant+puts+his+arm+around+Lamar+Odom+on+the+bench.jpg

Not that i care whether LO comes back or not, but i thought i read something that says even if he did find his way back here, he wouldn't be able to play for us until 6 weeks into the season

Not that i care whether LO comes back or not, but i thought i read something that says even if he did find his way back here, he wouldn't be able to play for us until 6 weeks into the season
New CBA rule... If we signed him as a FA.. I guess we can't sign him until December.. Which is BS. Because it was a lockout year, we traded him before any games started we should have a loophole because technically it is a full NBA year.

If he was traded here, July 1st  it wouldn't matter, and the CBA rule is then voided.

The new CBA is such a terrible piece of garbage
laugh.gif

So basically it's safe to assume if he isn't on a team roster to start the season, it's pretty much a given he's just waiting it out to come back to the Lakers
laugh.gif

So basically it's safe to assume if he isn't on a team roster to start the season, it's pretty much a given he's just waiting it out to come back to the Lakers
laugh.gif

After what happened in Dallas, you can almost bet no team is going to even entertain an offer.  Unless New York might give him a look. 

man anyone could have seen that from a mile away... all these dudes talking about why would he come back to the lakers after they tried to trade him? you just knew management knew what they were doing and just punished him for a year for being butt hurt

Originally Posted by zube42

Yes please to Brandon Roy.

As long as they don't  make that their "big move" if you know what I mean... Coming out like Oh @%@$ we just got BRoy.

If it something like we think he'd be a good role player here, but more and bigger moves need to be made.

From a different comment for non Laker fans:   Kobe - Josh Smith - Howard is NOT 2K @+*+... Adding in Iggy you are beginning to stretch it not by much though, but if you don't see how those could be possible.. Stop coming into the thread, because you don't know what you are talking about.. Your snide comments are not appreciated, and neither is your rolling emoticons.. Doesn't add anything to the offseason thread for the Lakers. You want to come in to discuss the Lakers,  cool...  You want to just put rolling emoticons about something you don't know about, just stay in your own offseason thread. 

Man forget all this old/beat up/use to be good players!!

Believe it or not Laker fans we need to look to the future...LO?? Seriously. B Roy?? Seeriously. KG?? Seriously. Nash?! Nah.

Next thing you no everybody is going to beg for Tim Duncan.

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

Believe it or not Laker fans we need to look to the future...LO?? Seriously. B Roy?? Seeriously. KG?? Seriously. Nash?! Nah.

There is no future for us.. It is right now and right now only.. Our "future" if there is one is 2 maybe 3 years long. You do whatever to win now..  And if it means once Kobe leaves we need to hit the reset button?  So be it.

We're still capable of winning a championship as long as you pair Kobe with the right players.

Kobe still have a good 2 years left in him. I think Kobe will continue to play until his late 30s

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

There is no future for us.. It is right now and right now only.. Our "future" if there is one is 2 maybe 3 years long. You do whatever to win now..  And if it means once Kobe leaves we need to hit the reset button?  So be it.
All im saying is we aint winning anything with old washed up greats or role players. Straight up.
Have we not learned anything from these last two years??!!!

The game has changed we need to get younger and more athletic. I dont care how open/closed Kobe's window is. 

And honestly the reset button was pressed a year and a half ago internally.

Originally Posted by Essential1

^ To do that. Gasol & Bynum both have to go, and it isn't a question at all.

Bynum HAS to go. No one wants to admit it. But its Bynum that has to go & Gasol is playing scapegoat.
The way we need to play in order to compete and win Bynum is not serviceable. But its whatever at this point.

Back
Top Bottom