New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Essential1

Take Steve Nash off your wish list. If he leaves it will be a sign and trade. The deal will be 3 years around $27mil.

Hell no to that contract.

The hell are you talkin sign and trade?  Dude is a FREE agent.  He can sign with any team he wants for any amount he wants. 

And I don't even want the guy, but there ain't no S&T involved for ol boy.  And you nuts as hell if you think the trade is for us to clear money.  You think the Snns gonna take on some of our salary so we could take their franchise guy?  Sarver would do that? 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
The dude SELLS draft picks (Rondo, Deng, etc) but he gon buy our trash? 
laugh.gif

I think the Luke Walton deal got people a little sideways these days.  That was a golden unicorn deal, not a lot of those runnin loose out there. 

Glad you came back as obnoxious as possible

Word has it Nash and the Suns have agreed that if Nash is leaving Phoenix that the franchise would help facilitate a sign and trade deal to insure Steve gets the maximum dollars for his services and the Suns get something in return for him. Meaning all bets are off on where Nash lands, as cap space and exception money won’t be a huge factor. HoopsWorld

And the full text:

Coveting Steve Nash:  Don’t get too excited when you hear a team linked to Suns’ free agent Steve Nash. Whether it’s the Knicks, the Bulls, the HEAT, the Magic, the Lakers, the Raptors, the Nets or the Blazers… Nash will have his pick of situations in July and he has not even started thinking about that process.

Nash, who will turn 39 next February, is seeking a three-year deal this summer and word is more than half the league is willing to offer him something like that.

There will be no shortage of situations for Nash.

Word has is Nash and the Suns have agreed that if Nash is leaving Phoenix that the franchise would help facilitate a sign and trade deal to insure Steve gets the maximum dollars for his services and the Suns get something in return for him. Meaning all bets are off on where Nash lands, as cap space and exception money won’t be a huge factor.

The Suns have made it clear they would do a multi-year deal for Nash in the $10 million per year range to insure Nash stays in Phoenix.

There is still a very real shot that Nash, who has thrived in Phoenix’s environment, chooses to stay; however the Suns will have to make some serious roster improvements to be the front runner.

Nash’s connection with the support and medical staff in Phoenix is a real trump card, as Nash does have spondylolisthesis in his back, and that will factor into his decision. Nash has remained fairly healthy in Phoenix and has played far longer than most thought he would as a result. Nash routinely credits the Phoenix training staff as a key reason why.

Of the marquee would-be free agents, Nash is considered the more obtainable player, however before you get too excited, keep in mind almost everyone in the league is going to make a pass at Nash, and he’ll have an army of options in July.

Take Steve Nash off your wish list. If he leaves it will be a sign and trade. The deal will be 3 years around $27mil.

Hell no to that contract.

The hell are you talkin sign and trade?  Dude is a FREE agent.  He can sign with any team he wants for any amount he wants. 

And I don't even want the guy, but there ain't no S&T involved for ol boy.  And you nuts as hell if you think the trade is for us to clear money.  You think the Snns gonna take on some of our salary so we could take their franchise guy?  Sarver would do that? 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

I think the Luke Walton deal got people a little sideways these days.  That was a golden unicorn deal, not a lot of those runnin loose out there. 

Word has it Nash and the Suns have agreed that if Nash is leaving Phoenix that the franchise would help facilitate a sign and trade deal to insure Steve gets the maximum dollars for his services and the Suns get something in return for him. Meaning all bets are off on where Nash lands, as cap space and exception money won’t be a huge factor. HoopsWorld

And the full text:

Coveting Steve Nash:  Don’t get too excited when you hear a team linked to Suns’ free agent Steve Nash. Whether it’s the Knicks, the Bulls, the HEAT, the Magic, the Lakers, the Raptors, the Nets or the Blazers… Nash will have his pick of situations in July and he has not even started thinking about that process.

Nash, who will turn 39 next February, is seeking a three-year deal this summer and word is more than half the league is willing to offer him something like that.

Word has is Nash and the Suns have agreed that if Nash is leaving Phoenix that the franchise would help facilitate a sign and trade deal to insure Steve gets the maximum dollars for his services and the Suns get something in return for him. Meaning all bets are off on where Nash lands, as cap space and exception money won’t be a huge factor.

The Suns have made it clear they would do a multi-year deal for Nash in the $10 million per year range to insure Nash stays in Phoenix.

There is still a very real shot that Nash, who has thrived in Phoenix’s environment, chooses to stay; however the Suns will have to make some serious roster improvements to be the front runner.

Nash’s connection with the support and medical staff in Phoenix is a real trump card, as Nash does have spondylolisthesis in his back, and that will factor into his decision. Nash has remained fairly healthy in Phoenix and has played far longer than most thought he would as a result. Nash routinely credits the Phoenix training staff as a key reason why.

Of the marquee would-be free agents, Nash is considered the more obtainable player, however before you get too excited, keep in mind almost everyone in the league is going to make a pass at Nash, and he’ll have an army of options in July.

Ok, so the Suns will get a deal to get something in return, and from us, that would be what, exactly?  Salary dump.  We have no assets to give them, ie, they are not taking Ron from us.  Nor Blake.  Nor nada.  We'd be giving them trash, or getting rid of our salary waste, and the Suns would NOT do that, not for us.  No matter how much they love Steve, not enough to take our garbage. 

BTW, that sounds like a lot of bs.  That can't even be legal, pre-dealed sign and trade with a free agent? 
laugh.gif
  Handshake agreement for that type stuff?  Stern would have to be all over that, unless of course it was to help the Clippers. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

Info on Kobe's hat and glasses in those Disneyland pics?

nerd.gif

You can buy the snap cap on Eastbay.. i have the same one he's wearing.. thinking of getting the purp and gold 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

And the full text:

Ok, so the Suns will get a deal to get something in return, and from us, that would be what, exactly?  Salary dump.  We have no assets to give them, ie, they are not taking Ron from us.  Nor Blake.  Nor nada.  We'd be giving them trash, or getting rid of our salary waste, and the Suns would NOT do that, not for us.  No matter how much they love Steve, not enough to take our garbage. 

BTW, that sounds like a lot of bs.  That can't even be legal, pre-dealed sign and trade with a free agent? 
laugh.gif
  Handshake agreement for that type stuff?  Stern would have to be all over that, unless of course it was to help the Clippers. 
laugh.gif
Hence why I said in the original post you quoted..  "Take Steve Nash off your wish list"..

Damn man.. You're arguing with me... For no reason..

But how would that not be legal...    He is not a free agent yet, the Suns and Steve can talk all they want, and agree on something..

You can't prearrange sign and trades, that basically circumvents the cap, CBA, all of it.  In fact, didn't they specifically target that mess from the Bron/Bosh sign and trades that took place, that were phony as hell?  That may have gotten left off, but no way that sounds legit, a free agent being told by a team to work a deal, with the intend of then trading him right after?   In fact, why would a team trying to sign him deal with that either? 
ohwell.gif
  He's an outright free agent, why give up pieces to get him?  (unless it's a dump, which Phoenix won't do, they won't take garbage, they want prospects I would imagine, and why give those up, for a FREE agent?) 

You can't prearrange sign and trades, that basically circumvents the cap, CBA, all of it.  In fact, didn't they specifically target that mess from the Bron/Bosh sign and trades that took place, that were phony as hell?  That may have gotten left off, but no way that sounds legit, a free agent being told by a team to work a deal, with the intend of then trading him right after?   In fact, why would a team trying to sign him deal with that either? 
ohwell.gif
  He's an outright free agent, why give up pieces to get him?  (unless it's a dump, which Phoenix won't do, they won't take garbage, they want prospects I would imagine, and why give those up, for a FREE agent?) 

There isn't any new rules other than the financial logistics of sign-and-trade that I read of.  All S&T are prearranged this one is no different.

Nash is 100%  loyal to Phoenix, hence why he'd rather stay, but leave if he has to. This allows him to get the $10mil he wants, and not leave Phoenix high-and-dry with nothing.

Nash wasn't told by the team to do a S&T. This was an agreement between the both of him.  Meaning he brought it up because the Team has no choice on a Free Agent's decision.

This means that during a meeting between Nash & Suns FO. He must have said something along the lines "I want to stay. But if I need to go, I don't want you to get nothing. So whatever team I go to gets me in a Sign & Trade"

This means Nash picks whatever team he wants.. But the team must acquire him for someone on team B's roster.

Most teams can't give Nash 3 years/ $30 mil. Especially the playoff teams that need him.  

I'm not sure why you still think it's illegal.. It is exactly like every other sign-and-trade.    The player gets to choose the team, and the Suns get return for the player.

Everyone's Favorite Time (RUMORS DUMP)

I know we can't get the 10th pick...  But hell if you're just trying to dump Ariza's contract...  Hey Hornets.  Player option after 1st Season..
Shaun Powell: Hornets will entertain offers for 10th pick if someone also agrees to take Ariza or Okafor contracts. Twitter

http://www.latimes.com/sports/laker...agency-options-open- 20120606,0,5543667.story
Hmmm
"I want to go to a place where I feel like they will have a chance to build and build fast," Williams said. "I'm not really in the mood for being part of a rebuilding process. I'm getting older. I'm about to be 28. I want to win. I want to win now. Also, I want to live in a place where I want to live and my kids will enjoy living. That's pretty much it." Los Angeles Times
Hmm

One move I've been thinking about is Josh Smith..

Forget Deron Williams..You get Josh Smith.. The door is wide open for this guy for long term

dwight-howard-lakers.jpg
Josh Smith: I’ve known him since pre school. We went to the same preschool together. I’ve known him since we were in diapers. [We went to] Miss B. we didn’t really have a name for the place. A lady named Miss B and a lady named Miss Lacy, we used to always go to. Both of our parents knew her pretty well I guess.
Alex Kennedy: Dwight Howard and Josh Smith have dreamed of playing together in the NBA since they were kids. I just don't know if Orlando has the assets. Twitter

fence.jpg

Swing a 3 team with Josh Smith and a player everyone knows I want by now.

Then do the Bynum for Howard straight up..

^Josh Smith & Dwight are two of the top 10 defensive players in the league..

Both can score.. Josh is more comfortable out of the paint in offense for mid-range jumpers.. Dwight likes the paint and pick & rolls, which our current PG is more adept to.

So you completely wall off the paint on defense (which is great for our Defensive PG problems).. You have 2 decent scoring options, and a Center who actually thrives in the offense our PG likes.

I will not discuss the SF I want, that it could be done in a three team.. But
sick.gif

pimp.gif
if he was.

Get Lamar, and do what you need to sign a backup PG.. And not only is that a good team, it is the favorite for the Title for a few years..

Where's Do Be Doo??  
Mr. I rather my team not make it to the Finals if they're going to be down 3-2, or something along those lines.  Anyone remember exactly what he said?   
laugh.gif

^Josh Smith & Dwight are two of the top 10 defensive players in the league..

Both can score.. Josh is more comfortable out of the paint in offense for mid-range jumpers.. Dwight likes the paint and pick & rolls, which our current PG is more adept to.

So you completely wall off the paint on defense (which is great for our Defensive PG problems).. You have 2 decent scoring options, and a Center who actually thrives in the offense our PG likes.

I will not discuss the SF I want, that it could be done in a three team.. But
sick.gif

pimp.gif
if he was.

Get Lamar, and do what you need to sign a backup PG.. And not only is that a good team, it is the favorite for the Title for a few years..

Intriguing
pimp.gif

Essential, are you... essentially... hoping for a lineup of Deron, Kobe, Artest, Josh, D12?

Amigetting that right?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Essential, are you... essentially... hoping for a lineup of Deron, Kobe, Artest, Josh, D12?

Amigetting that right?
Nope...  Sessions still the starting PG.

Deron isn't happening.

Post before Goldmember I said forget Deron Williams.. Josh Smith brings Dwight here long term...  And when Goldmember posted Prays for Deron..  I was saying why Josh Smith + Dwight + and the SF I want in a 3 team (Iguodala) makes us better than every team in the NBA.

You guys know Kobe was celebrating last night.
Duncan had a chance to tie him ring wise and move past Kobe on the all time list.

Not happening now.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I forgot to check in on your guys' Off-Season thread
Soooo glad I did
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Will Brandon Roy make his NBA comeback as a Laker? While the question of Roy possibly teaming up with Kobe Bryant remains unanswered, Sportando reveals that during the last few days, Roy was indeed – L.A. bound. 

Sources close to the player confirmed, "Brandon (Roy) landed in Los Angeles on Monday and is scheduled to leave on Friday." 

During his stay in L.A. it is unknown whether or not Roy met with the Lakers' coaching or medical staff, however, he is currently undergoing a series of private medical procedures on his knees. "Tuesday was the first of a series of treatment Roy's going through. He's doing something similar to the treatment Kobe Bryant had on his right knee. It can only help," added the source. 

Those who've recently seen and played Roy are convinced he's a much better player then he was in the past (which is kind of scary). Recent rumors circulating around the United States are indicating that the Lakers showed interest in the Former 2007 Rookie of the Year. 

That said, "Roy is positively thinking about coming back next season. We like L.A. a lot. Growing up, the Lakers were Brandon's favorite team."

Link:

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/39429/la-hosts-brandon-roy.html

Back
Top Bottom