New Orleans Pelicans???

I think the Utah Mormons or the Utah Decafs have a great ring to it. Instead of the dancers being called the Jazz Dancers, they could be called The Coach's Wives.

NBA Files Trademark For New Orleans Pelicans, Four Others
Dec 18, 2012 8:38 PM EST

The NBA has filed trademarks for the New Orleans Pelicans, amongst four other potential nicknames on behalf of the New Orleans Hornets NBA Limited Partnership.

The Rougarou, Mosquitos, Swamp Dogs and Bullsharks are the other nicknames that have been filed for trademark.

A swamp dog is a Cajun nickname for an alligator, while Rougarou refers to a beast from Louisiana folklore.

New Orleans will likely adopt a red, blue and gold color scheme.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225090/NBA_Files_Trademark_For_New_Orleans_Pelicans_Four_Others

Rougarou flows better of the tongue than Pelican

NBA Files Trademark For New Orleans Pelicans, Four Others
Dec 18, 2012 8:38 PM EST

The NBA has filed trademarks for the New Orleans Pelicans, amongst four other potential nicknames on behalf of the New Orleans Hornets NBA Limited Partnership.
The Rougarou, Mosquitos, Swamp Dogs and Bullsharks are the other nicknames that have been filed for trademark.
A swamp dog is a Cajun nickname for an alligator, while Rougarou refers to a beast from Louisiana folklore.
New Orleans will likely adopt a red, blue and gold color scheme.
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225090/NBA_Files_Trademark_For_New_Orleans_Pelicans_Four_Others
Rougarou flows better of the tongue than Pelican
roll.gif

New Orleans Rougarou sounds way better than pelicans and rougarou is basically French for werewolf. Imagine the mean logo they could come up with unless they hire the dude that made that soft grizzlies bear. :smh:

What happened to naming them "New Orleans Krewe" or "New Orleans Brass". I thought that was still an option. Those were so tough.

What happened to naming them "New Orleans Krewe" or "New Orleans Brass". I thought that was still an option. Those were so tough.

Brass was trademarked apparently by someone in NOLA the same day the team was purchased. Go Figure. Krewe of New Orleans I guess they are trying something that has a Louisiana feel oppose to just NOLA.

Mosquitos is probably just placed there for someone in support of Pelicans.

I think it will come down to Pelicans and Rougarou

Can you imagine when they are on defense, the speakers blast the sound of a mosquito buzzing around? Talk about a home court advantage!

Honestly as funny as it sounds if they go with a friendly pelican and get the colors right it would be pretty dope

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom