Nets 10-11 Pre-season- Haifa Oct 3 at THE ROCK/VC3FAN Life rant. lol

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

I can't wait to hear Devin's Avery impression
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
should get better and better

Ok here is what I got so Far.

Amare seems to be coming to jersey (via mike francesa's insiders) So trading the pick maybe coming

CDR may of had his option dropped.

and the Nets are High on Monroe

Should be interesting come thursday.......

We gotta take Favors.

And I believe its CDR for their 44th. Thats what somebody said on NetsDaily.

This is sooo nerveracking.

It looks like we are commited to doing something here... I don't know what it is, but I like it.

This front office has a mission now... Im glad they are looking aggressive & early. I say this because I have a feeling this is 1 of many moves to come.

CD-R was nice for us here while he got playing time. He as a monste rin the beginging of the season for us.

I think a new team will do him some good... Sometimes players just need to get out of a certain situation (In this case it was us).

He's got the ability to be a good player, the one thing that can hold him back is his attitude. A thin line the way he is... I have no problem (& never did) with him wanting to speak his mind or say / do certain things... But in some cases he went to far & that's when the problem started. That's what could hurt him. Maybe a new team / situation could fix that.

Rod has something up his sleeve.

I don't think it is Paul.

I think this is coming out of left field.

Chad Ford also said this morning that if the Nets take Johnson at 3, then Boozer will be a Net if they want him to be since they have the same agent and it would be a "packaged deal"

I rather have Amare if i had to choose between PF's that I do not want on this team.

LOL

They humble guys. CDR could be great. but also has to deal with skiles.

A lot of options this coming draft and FA. Whatever we don't get in the draft we can pick up in FA.

I think we're leaning towards Favors. We could pick a PF who wouldn't mind sharing or even deferring to Favors as he develops, like Haslem. Then find SF in FA.

Or draft Wesley and find a PF in FA.

Lots of possibilities.

[h2]
[h2]Rod Thorn Retiring on July 15, Jerry Colangelo a Top Candidate to Replace Him [/h2]
tiny.v11567.gif
by Net Income on Jun 26, 2010 3:31 AM EDT
comment.v1599.png
371 comments

More photos » Rich Schultz - AP

Browse more photos »

Rod Thorn, who took the Nets from oblivion to the NBA Finals and back again, will step down as President of Basketball Operations on July 15, according to multiple reports. Al Iannazzone reports that Jerry Colangelo, the former owner of the Suns and president of USA Basketball, is the leading candidate to replace Thorn and will be offered a three-year contract worth $12-15 million by Mikhail Prokhorov.

Most reports are that the decision to retire is Thorn's alone and that it has nothing to do with Prokhorov, who had offered Thorn a lucrative package to stay in the job--$8 million over two years, according to one Nets insider. Thorn's family has been pressuring him to step down.  He recently turned 69.

"They've given Rod everything he could want," a league executive said of the Russian ownership. "This is entirely his decision."

Mitch Lawrence of the Daily News has a different story. He reports that Thorn is either unhappy with the team's new hierarchy or with the contract he was offered.  Thorn's current contract, which expires Wednesday, pays him $5.5 million.

Team insiders said the negotiations between Thorn and Prokhorov have been ongoing for several months, with Thorn declining to commit to staying on despite Prokhorov's entreaties.  The two met most recently on Wednesday when Prokhorov stopped in East Rutherford on his way to Washington for the summit between President Obama and Russian President Medvedev. 

Dave D'Alessandro can't see Thorn, who will help hire his replacement, endorsing Colangelo, because Thorn wasn't happy how the managing director of USA Basketball answered questions about the Nets job when his name first came up around the All-Star break. In fact, according to D'Alessandro, Thorn chewed Colangelo out about it over the phone.

If Colangelo is not the replacement, there apparently are a lot of other candidates. D'Alessandro identifies Steve Kerr, Danny Ferry, Bobby Marks and Toronto's Maurizio Gherardini. In a report naming the Nets as one of the first teams to visit LeBron James on July 1, Adrian Wojnarowski adds currently employed GMs Sam Presti, Jeff Bower and R.C. Buford. Meanwhile, Marc Stein says that Jerry West will get a call.

Andrei Vatutin, the president of CSKA Moscow and a candidate for an assistant GM job, appears to be out of the picture.  He will head up a new Russian basketball league.
[/h2]

This is seems VERY strange as to why Thorn all of sudden decided to leave. I wonder if he knows something that others don't. Pichard will probably pick up the job, but I wonder if he'll give Thorn a call before considering it.

Yeah, it's a little strange. I hear it's all about money though. He wants a bigger contract. From what I read there's no ill will between him and Proky. From my understanding if he doesn't get an extension on his contract, which ends June 15 he'll leave, but help bring in a FA and help his replacement.

sorry guys

had a wedding and a graduation today

total shock

tuesday will be interesting with the draft guys coming for a press conference and him there

you will hear all the big names but look for Marks to most likely get the job if Thorn has a say like they are saying.

Still a shock though.

So, I'm hearing Sam Mitchell, who won COY a few years ago as well, will be Avery's top assistant. Mitchell got his COY while coaching Bosh and the Raptors.

nerd.gif

I think Loyer is staying.

Yes Loyer is staying and Barise is coming back to the bench.

Roy is gone which is a shame because he did a tremendous job with Brook.

Hopefully Popeye Jones will be able to continue what Rogers is leaving.

Keyon Dooling has been released. He was due $3.3 million next year.

Freed some more cap space, though I really like him. I guess Quinn is really our backup PG now.

Summer league roster -

NAME POS HT WT DOB COLLEGE/LAST TEAM YRS
AJ Abrams G 5-11 160 10/16/1986 Texas/Trikala (Greece) R
Connor Atchley F-C 6-10 228 5/31/1985 Texas/Dakota Wizards (D-League) R
Demond Carter G 5-11 185 10/25/1986 Baylor R
Wayne Chism F 6-9 246 6/16/1987 Tennessee R
Jakim Donaldson F 6-8 220 3/9/1983 Edinboro/Ciudad de La LaGuna (Spain) R
Derrick Favors F 6-10 246 7/15/1991 Georgia Tech R
Vernon Goodridge F/C 6-9 220 2/18/1984 LaSalle R
Brandon Heath G 6-4 181 3/1/1984 San Diego State/Apoel B.C. (Greece) R
Damion James F 6-7 225 10/7/1987 Texas R
James Peters F 6-8 215 5/24/1981 UNLV/L.A. Defenders (D-League) R
Gabe Pruitt G 6-4 180 4/19/1986 USC/Utah Flash 2
Alex Ruoff G 6-6 220 8/29/1986 West Virgina/Belgacom Liege Basket R
Garret Siler C 7-0 291 10/26/1986 Augusta St./Shanghai Sharks R
Lance Thomas F 6-8 225 4/24/1988 Duke R
Cezary Trybanski C 7-2 235 9/22/1979 Poland/Reno Bighorns R
Ben Uzoh G 6-3 205 3/19/1988 Tulsa R
Terrence Williams G/F 6-6 220 6/28/1987 Louisville/New Jersey Nets 1
Brian Zoubek C 7-1 260 4/6/1988 Duke R

Games will be on NBATV
pimp.gif

T-Will should dominate in the summer league this year. He finished the season on a great note.

He didn't shoot too well in summer league play last year, but I'm expecting him to do much better this year.

Yi Jianlian has been traded to the Wiz fir another player.

This move puts over the top or close the $30 mil mark we've been aiming at.

It allows for two max players.

Back
Top Bottom