Nets 10-11 Pre-season- Haifa Oct 3 at THE ROCK/VC3FAN Life rant. lol

I understand being upset over not gettin' the first pick but let's be honest...for as good as he could be, Wall isn't a need right now....you already have a PROVEN guard in Harris.

IMO, ain't nothing wrong with #3. Grab Favors or Cousins (Cousins, IMO) and you have an beastly front court w/ either of them and Lopez.

C: Lopez
PF: Cousins
SF: Williams
SG: :Lee
PG: Harris

I want Favors. Cousins looks like he has a bad attitude and I hear he's got some personal issues.

I still we've a good chance of getting a good FA. Players always talk about a winning team, but it's the money they're after. Prok has a lot of it.

It is the big debate right now even though the mocks all have Favors as the pick

I like Cousins game.

Yes he is a Headcase but the right coach fixes that.

I just see the that Moose Thorn has wanted with Cousins.

I do not think the Wizards trade the pick unless the Nets Take Arenas.

Any team mind you not just the Nets.

And the thought keeps on running through my mind

But the sixers can be the the Key to our draft. What if they take Cousins???? As much as they like him, they don't need turner, will still have another guy that will not like taking shots in the clutch, and need a center since they have been down on Sammy D.

i just think the Nets will also hear some trades. Some names might be floated around. Would you swap picks with the wolves and take Al Jefferson to play next brook???

Just some thoughts.

The Draft drops after 1 and 2 but gets much worse after the third pick.

Just be happy we are here. Wall would of been great but we will roll with what the team will do.

I've been on the Cousins bandwagon for a minute now. He'd be a nice fit for the Nets. Though personally, I think a stud shooter at the 2 would be ideal. Someone like Ray Allen (but not exactly Ray Ray).

IMO we need a big man to complement Brook. Oft times last year Brook was a one man show.

Developing a team starts with the big men.

We someone to mix it up down low. Maybe something like Hump but younger and better.

Yi simply isn't tough enough.

Also remember guys that Wall's Agent is Dan Fegan.

The same agent that half our team was with last year.

lol

he is a power broking agent

New Ownership in place in washington

He already came out and said is client will not make any jumps in conclusions but will do the normal "Washington is a great city, Philly is a great city, etc etc"

He wanted him in Jersey/Brooklyn

That is my thought.

He is going to a wizards team in turmoil. (we assume)

No center (Javale was very up and down)

a Power Forward that hates management and the coaching staff but not the organization.

No SF (Thorton sucks)

Gilbert Arenas and a horrible contract

As much as the wizards franchise needed it, Trading it can benefit them more especially if a team like the wolves or Nets are willing to get rid of the majority of their picks and players.

I still think we will be 3 so I go

Cousins
Favors
7ft euro guy (thinking proky)

thats my thought.

Rod like cousins alot too.

I like Cousins, but the fact that he has a reputation as a head case will not bode well on a young team.

Favors is my pick and I think he would be more complementary to Brook.

Kiki is out at the end of June.

Not fired

Just not renewed

Either way take care Kiki, Yi is down to one supporter left.

Lopez and Cousins is a pretty slow front court. I'd be really worried against teams with mobile 4/5's who can step out and manuever against them.

Lopez is not that slow actually

He does have quick feet.

Proky is on WFAN right now.

He asked Mike where MAD DOG was.

lol.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Lopez and Cousins is a pretty slow front court. I'd be really worried against teams with mobile 4/5's who can step out and manuever against them.

I'd really like to see us trade up for the second pick Devin+3 for 2 with Phill. I'd like to see us get Turner, 6'7 athetic, can shoot, and can play D. I'd rather us get a big man late in the first (we can buy a pick from a team like LA, BOS, ORL ect) with such a deep bigman class. 

If not and we do pick a big I'd really like Favors, I LOVE Cousins game but after the disappointment with Sean I'd rather us get a slightly less caliber player who will actually be on the court then a better one who will be in street clothes.

^ Sean
smh.gif

Mike said Prok would be on yesterday. He asked Prok if he wanted to tour Yankee stadium.

Prok emphatically said 'No.'

^^
laugh.gif
This guy.

At this point, I wouldn't be opposed to trading the pick either. This draft class is so weak after the 1 & 2. I just feel like anyone we get after 2 wouldn't have a big impact for our team.

It was a good Interview.

Mike kept the Kids glove on longer than I expected.

He is a very interesting individual non the less.

Even if he is going to be in russia most of the time.

To hell with the free agent class, or the "5 year plan"
I'm almost sold on becoming a Net fan off of Prok alone.

pimp.gif
 Dude has a certain amount of swag that you don't find in most owners....I'm lookin' at you, Dolan.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

^^
laugh.gif
This guy.

At this point, I wouldn't be opposed to trading the pick either. This draft class is so weak after the 1 & 2. I just feel like anyone we get after 2 wouldn't have a big impact for our team.

You don't think Cousins or Favors would do well on the Nets?

We have to also remember, Philly's line up was

Holiday, Green, AI, TY, Sam D

They could go for a big(Cousins or Favors) in order to slide AI and TY back to their natural position.

Cousins or Favors could def. have some impact. IMO we need a big man to help Brook.

Its not like Lee and Devin are chopped liver.

Plus there's the FA's still out there, so who knows...

I kinda see where everybody is getting at with this pick

Cousins has his favorites within all of us

But so does Favors

I also see what JB23 is saying with the pick.

I just see it this way, Lets say the draft goes how it is projected and we still have our pick.

Lets look at what we have now.

YI - VERY INCONSISTANT. (Thats being extremely nice)

Humphries - Tremendous Hustle guy, Do not want him in any part of the offensive rotation.

Yes he had his moments but he reminds me of Lee Nailon on offense. Once he gets the ball, he will either go to the basket or shoot. Passing is a last resort.

Love his rebounding and aggressiveness on defense but like I mentioned.

If Favors or Cousins gives you 10 and 7 their first seasons in the league, You improved the PF position for the nets.

I think though JB23 has a point. What if Thorn pulls some magic with that pick and picks up a player that is unhappy or takes one from a team with money problems.

If we can sign someone like Rudy Gay to play SF or perhaps even David Lee, our lineup could potentially look like this:

Harris
Lee
Gay or Lee
Lee or Favors/Cousins (I prefer Favors)
Lopez

CDR
T-Will
Hump
Yi

That team could go to the playoffs in the Eastern Conference.

At this point, I see Rudy Gay & David Lee being our best choices. Both will end up going overpaid to us, but at the same time will help our team out a lot. Im not opposed to either.

As far as our draft pick, I think whoever we get will help us, but not to the point where:

1. We could help build around him
2. He'll bring in more fans to Newark
3. He'll bring in FA's this summer

I think he'll be a guy who could put up solid numbers in some way or another (depending on who it is).

So #3 isn't terrible, but if we shop it around, we could possibly get something better
nerd.gif
That's why im not sold on just accepting the pick without looking at other options.

Basically a win win for us, because we have leverage, but our office just has to be smart. I have faith...

At this point, I see Rudy Gay & David Lee being our best choices. Both will end up going overpaid to us, but at the same time will help our team out a lot. Im not opposed to either.

As far as our draft pick, I think whoever we get will help us, but not to the point where:

1. We could help build around him
2. He'll bring in more fans to Newark
3. He'll bring in FA's this summer

I think he'll be a guy who could put up solid numbers in some way or another (depending on who it is).

So #3 isn't terrible, but if we shop it around, we could possibly get something better
nerd.gif
That's why im not sold on just accepting the pick without looking at other options.

Basically a win win for us, because we have leverage, but our office just has to be smart. I have faith...

I want NO part of Rudy, he is a tremendous talent but paying Rudy or David 9.5+ a year will put our franchise in disarray. Neither have the "it" factor and would be our highest paid player for years to come. I think 

Signing JJ 11mil for 4-5 years 

Devin

JJ

Twill

Cousins/Favors

Brook

In a perfect world, LeBron expresses his Displeasure with the Cavs franchise and we trade C.Lee/CDR + 3rd pick to the Cavs or even the Raptors

Our Line up could consist of 

Devin

Lee

CDR

Bosh

Brook

or

Devin

Twill

Lebron

Yi

Brook.

Avery said all the right things today.

hope Sam Mitchell is hired as his top assistant.

Favors vs Cousins next week.

Going to the draft party next week.

Should be interesting who will be there.

Free agency is right around the corner guys

Be prepared for the David Lee/Rudy Gay signings instead of LBJ, Wade, Bosh etc etc.

It would be great to get someone of that nature but we will probably get second tier players.

hope all the Nets fans here are having a good off-season so far.

will keep this going now for the summer.

Im excited for Avery as our head coach. Things are moving in the right direction for us.

I really think he could help Brook out in the long run (considering he was there dor Duncan & Robinson). He knows a thing or 2...

I can't wait to hear Devin's Avery impression
laugh.gif

Looking forward to the draft... I fully expect us to keep our pick, especially since Rod rarely lets them go.

From the draft, to the FA off season, it should be good.

Im excited for Avery as our head coach. Things are moving in the right direction for us.

I really think he could help Brook out in the long run (considering he was there dor Duncan & Robinson). He knows a thing or 2...

I can't wait to hear Devin's Avery impression
laugh.gif

Looking forward to the draft... I fully expect us to keep our pick, especially since Rod rarely lets them go.

From the draft, to the FA off season, it should be good.
Word excited for Avery as our coach as well, I was loving the interview with Mike Francesa. It all comes down to what FA's we can scoop up and I'm done guessing at this point.

IMO, i think JJ and Lee would be PERFECT fits.

Devin-JJ-Twill-Lee-Lopez
Courtney-Favors-Humpries-Yi

Move Yi + Courtney for a good solid backup point (Kirk Hinrich anyone?), Twill, JJ and Devin can all split the PG duties, etc.

Get a sharp shooter like JJ Reddick, and with a coach like Avery, that'll be a nasty team when playoff comes.

Back
Top Bottom