Nets 10-11 Pre-season- Haifa Oct 3 at THE ROCK/VC3FAN Life rant. lol

My dude T-Will. 
pimp.gif

I had a feeling he would get a triple-double before the season was over.

27, 10, and 13 with only 3 turnovers.

Yeah, TWill has been knocking on that triple double door.

I couldnt see the game because the YES network played the Yankees. Can yall see the games?

Have we locked up the worse record yet? If we win the rest of our games, and Minny loses theirs...we will have the same record. But Minny did beat us twice. How does this work out?

iceman - Minny would hold the tie breaker because they beat us twice. Giving us the worst record.

As far as the game last night, 3rd quarters are our kryptonite.

Now have the worst record in the league after the loss last night

now we can focus on the final two games and the draft lottery

I will Hold my meadowlands sendoff to tomorrow

The game last night was great in the first but horrible in the second

we really have not seen that from this nets team in like three weeks

they have gotten better over time just sucks that two games remain since I have gotten to like watching this group play

What are the chances the YES network airs the final games?

I don't think I can make the last game. And I really wanna watch it.

Happy Top 4th Pick everybody ..

Originally Posted by krazy88s

What are the chances the YES network airs the final games?

I don't think I can make the last game. And I really wanna watch it.
The tv scheduler thing shows YES airing both games. 
happy.gif

Well Im going to go ahead & let it out now...

I saw my 1st NBA game at CAA / Izod, Got season tickets here, have met NBA greats here, seen a lot of great plays, been a part of a lot of great moments & have a lot of great memories... This place has been my 2nd home for years.

I don't care how many people have showed up over the years, or the records put up here, I love that arena. Seeing my favorite team play there game after game - Those memories will be cherished.

I still remember my 1st game clearly, & will definitly be in attendance tomorrow... Its been a GREAT run.

My favorite CAA / Izod moment: Game 3 of the 2005 playoffs... VC hit the buzzer beating fadaway to send the game into OT against the Heat... That shot bounced around on every part of the rim... The energy in that building from that shot is still in my head, I'll never forget it.

Thanks for the memories CAA / Izod.

large_arenaL.jpg

izod_frnt.jpg

[h1]Tycoon's tyrant ties threaten Nets deal[/h1]
By ISABEL VINCENT and MELISSA KLEIN

Last Updated: 12:10 PM, April 11, 2010

Posted: 2:45 AM, April 11, 2010

A New Jersey congressman says he will demand a government inquiry into Mikhail Prokhorov, the Russian billionaire poised to buy the New Jersey Nets, for his extensive business dealings in Zimbabwe -- a bombshell that could blow up the $200 million team deal and threaten the future of Brooklyn's Atlantic Yards, The Post has learned.

Democratic Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr., a member of the powerful Ways and Means Committee, wants to know if companies controlled by Prokhorov in Zimbabwe violate federal rules that forbid American citizens and companies, and subsidiaries set up in the United States, from doing business with brutal strongman Robert Mugabe, his regime or associates.

"This is disgusting," Pascrell said. "Obviously, the Board of Governors of the NBA didn't do their job properly when they vetted this deal."

He said the project received tax-exempt bonds.

"It's being financed partly by the taxpayer, and the public has a right to know," he said.

Prokhorov's Renaissance Capital investment bank has interests in the Zimbabwean stock exchange, banks, a cellphone company, mining and a swanky, private big-game reserve. The company is intertwined with Onexim, the $25 billion Prokhorov-controlled investment fund behind the deal to bring the struggling NBA team to Brooklyn.

Pascrell said he will ask the Treasury Department, which oversees the sanctions, to investigate Onexim. In 2008, Onexim became a 50 percent owner of Renaissance Capital, which has been actively investing in Zimbabwe since 2007.

According to its Web site, Renaissance Capital has offices in Manhattan and was the financial sponsor of an economic forum in the Zimbabwean capital of Harare that provided foreign investors special access to government ministers in June 2009 -- which experts say is a violation of the sanctions.

In February, the company's Africa-based CEO, Andrew Lowe, participated in a business panel with a Zimbabwean official banned from entering the United States.

"Looks like sanctions-busting to me," said Usha Haley, an expert on US sanctions at the Economic Policy Institute.

She said companies find administrative loopholes, which include setting up a web of corporations, to get around the sanctions.

"It looks like this company is setting up administrative layers that are obfuscating the effects of the sanctions. It's done all the time," she said.

If the department steps in to block the Net deal, it could cause major problems for developer Bruce Ratner's Atlantic Yards development project.

The plan is already being held up by a handful of holdouts battling eminent-domain evictions from their Brooklyn homes and businesses. Two long-shot lawsuits remain in play -- one that argues some eviction notices were issued before the court gave the go-ahead to seize their property, and another that contends Ratner's plans so radically changed that the condemnation process must start all over again.

These delays have stalled the NBA's vote this coming Friday on Prokhorov's purchase of the Nets. Thursday, the league abruptly announced it was putting off the vote until the state of New York can take full possession of the arena site.

Prokhorov is seeking a majority stake in the Nets and a 45 percent stake in the Barclays Center arena, future home of the team and centerpiece of the Atlantic Yards plan.

The 44-year-old Russian would also become the first non-North American owner of an NBA team. When he came forward in September to buy the NBA's worst team, he was widely regarded as the savior for Ratner's long-delayed development dream.

Prokhorov's estimated worth is more than $13 billion. The 6-foot-8 bachelor is a former amateur basketball player who leads a lavish lifestyle.

NBA Commissioner David Stern recently told "60 Minutes" that Prokhorov passed a background check and "nobody has come up with any reason why he shouldn't be an NBA owner."

"Mr. Prokhorov went through a very extensive and stringent vetting process," a league spokesman told The Post yesterday. "The background and financial investigations have been completed, and there was nothing that was disclosed that would cause us not to move forward with his application for Nets ownership."

But a spokesman for Renaissance Capital in Moscow told The Post that the question of Prokhorov's dealings in Zimbabwe did not come up during the NBA security checks.

The United States slapped sanctions on Zimbabwe in 2003 in response to gross human-rights abuses and government-backed land grabs. Sanctions were strengthened by President George W. Bush in 2008.

The State Department's 2009 human-rights report, released last month, detailed state-sanctioned torture and politically motivated killings by government agents linked to Zanu-PF, Mugabe's party.

Ok

I have never been a fan of the brendenberg, Continental, or Izod center. (U pick)

But, I grew up there.

From "All alone 33"

To the Harlem Globetrotters and sitting courtside.

I called it home.

Yes, it was in the swamp.

Yes, there is nothing to there. but it served its purpose.

I loved when the nets did not care and we had just 4,000 people in the building. (We barely sold out the lakers finals and still had tickets available when the Spurs played them......)

But it had it's ups and downs.

Top three games I have attended there:

1. Game 5 2002 first round - Reggie game - The shot that gave us Instant Replay
2. Triple overtime against Phoenix - Best regular season game I have seen or been to.
3. Milt palacio last second half court shot - Never will leave my seat till 0.00 on the clock again.

Some things to forget

1. Dikembe Mutombo Growth charts (I think only JB 23 will get it. lol. lets just say, I have enough to give to my great grandchildren)

2. The list of players we had that amounted to nothing (Rony Seikly, Jaime Feick, Johnny Newman, Kendall Gill, ETC ETC.)

3. Migrane Headaches (The beginning of the end.)

4. Joumanna Cell Phone Chuck.

5. Anything Brett Yormark touches.

I will miss this place just for those reasons but I am happy to go to the rock

But hopefully we end this Arena and Our home schedule on a good note.

If we beat the bobcats tonight, we have the season series against them and the Bulls.

GO NETS!!!!!

I think I still have 1 or 2 in my closest or basement somewhere
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Bobcats tonight for the home finale... Last time going to Izod for a game... Not the best feeling, but as always, Go Nets!

I called it that when I was younger

lol

should clarified

Sad night overall

Devin signed my jersey for me before the game

I'll post pics tomorrow hopefully

Hump refused to sign anything. My girlfriend wanted the auto and he was awful

the people I sit with have a young child with them and he even said no to him when he asked

jerk

but overall a bittersweet night

Off to the pru

CD-R was the jerk when it came to signing last year, and now it's Hump.
laugh.gif
 I mean, he couldn't even sign for a kid? Come on.  

Welp, our last hoo-rah tonight. Thank goodness.

Of all my years as a Nets fan, this has been THEE worst experience. But that probably goes without saying.

I think those games from October-December will be stained in my memory.

We must be some real fans to be still posting in the thread and following the team throughout this season.
pimp.gif

Heat tonight. Lets finish strong!!

Back
Top Bottom