Nets 10-11 Pre-season- Haifa Oct 3 at THE ROCK/VC3FAN Life rant. lol

I'm confused with this roster full of similar guards who could/should be starters:

Devin
Farmar
Morrow
Lee

Obviously a trade is brewing....

Shuges I was thinking the same. It seems like we're guard heavy. But these guys can shoot, which no one could last year. It would've been nice had we gotten a starting PF early on. I hear TWill may on his way out. I also hear that Avery really likes TWill and so do I.

But we just over the team salary minimum and still have lots of money to use.

[h2]Former Sixers General Manager Billy King near deal to take over reins of Nets[/h2]

Wed Jul 14,2010 8:55 AM ET By Kurt Helin

nets-logo-thumb-250x272-11291.gif
Billy King -- the man who drafted the young core of the current Philadelphia 76ers with Andre Iguodala and Thaddeus Young -- is about to take over as head of the Nets.

He is very near getting the job as general manager taking over for Rod Thorn in New Jersey, according to Chris Manix of Sports Illustrated. There had been talk that King would take over Thorn's other job as team president of basketball operations and have Bobby Marks as the general manager. Either way, just like Thorn, King will call the shots.

King was far from loved as the general manager in Philadelphia during the Allen Iverson era there, although is it really possible to be loved as a general manager on Philadelphia under any circumstances?

He did help put together a team around Iverson and hire Larry Brown, which got them to the finals one time. He also threw rookie coach Randy Ayers to the lions of Iverson Derrick Coleman and Glenn Robinson. Phil Jackson would have had a hard time keeping those three in line, a rookie coach was doomed.

For the most part the Sixers were never really able to fully capitalize on Iverson, they were always good but not quite good enough. Then they held on to him about a season too long as his skills started to decline (although the fan base still loved him, so there were ticket sales to consider) and eventually had to dump him in Denver.

It was tough to find the right guy in New Jersey because the power structure was upside down. Thorn hired Avery Johnson as the coach then announced he would resign. Now the Nets had to find a GM that both ownership and a new coach could agree upon. New Orleans's Jeff Bower was not that guy as Johnson didn't want him.

Johnson is good with King. Which might mean Johnson thinks he can influence King. Either way, the job appears to be King's to lose at this point.

Thoughts exactly JB 23. I definitely didn't like what he ran in Philly. Maybe Proky sees something we don't or King really impressed him.

Ok, I have not been around much. (busy at work and got a new job in my field finally)

I really do like the morrow and Farmar deals.

good role players that will get plenty of chances.

Petro got market money. nothing you could really do about the deal.

Outlaw is ok. would of liked something more for thay contract.

And now the rant......

Billy king??????????!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Really Avery?

I know he drafts well but he has made some of the worst deals in the NBA.

Chris Webber Trade?

Giving 300 million to Mutombo, Mckie, TMAC (Canadian one), eric snow.?

I mean this is just bad GM work.

I like our team but i think he will make a deal that will just bother us all

Really Proky? lets hire the guy that ran the Sixers into the ground and destroyed their roster.

I mean I know he has done nothing for us yet so I will give him a chance. but still.

Ok, I have not been around much. (busy at work and got a new job in my field finally)

I really do like the morrow and Farmar deals.

good role players that will get plenty of chances.

Petro got market money. nothing you could really do about the deal.

Outlaw is ok. would of liked something more for thay contract.

And now the rant......

Billy king??????????!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Really Avery?

I know he drafts well but he has made some of the worst deals in the NBA.

Chris Webber Trade?

Giving 300 million to Mutombo, Mckie, TMAC (Canadian one), eric snow.?

I mean this is just bad GM work.

I like our team but i think he will make a deal that will just bother us all

Really Proky? lets hire the guy that ran the Sixers into the ground and destroyed their roster.

I mean I know he has done nothing for us yet so I will give him a chance. but still.

2. Damion James, Nets
Summer-league stats: 18.8 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1 apg

James started off just OK in Orlando and then took off from there. His great energy combined with a solid outside stroke and lots of confidence makes him a scoring machine who just keeps coming at his opponent. It's fair to expect rotation minutes for him at the start of the season.

11. Derrick Favors, Nets
Summer-league stats: 10.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.2 apg

In most cases, teams draft players because of what they'll be able to do in a year or two. Guys like Cousins and Wall, who can have an immediate impact, are exceptions, whereas Favors is more of the rule. He showed plenty of upside during summer league, both as an athlete and with his skills (specifically his face-up game). Did he get lost some, lose physical battles and generally zone out during games? Of course. He was the youngest guy on the court almost every time out. But the Nets have a lot to look forward to.

pimp.gif
via ESPN Insider

Amazing video. My favorite time in Nets history right here. It was really special... All these memories.

That team was something else. So unselfish, the fast break style, the chemistry, everything... It was an exciting time to be a Nets fan.

Kidd, Kenyon, RJ, KVH, Kerry Kittles, Lucious Harris, Rodney Rogers, Todd Macculloch, etc... What a squad.

Kidd to Kenyon for the lob
sick.gif

RJ slashing to the basket
smokin.gif

Kittles for the pull up 3 in transition
pimp.gif

When that arena was packed
eek.gif
The energy was amazing to be at a game.

This vid is a trip back in time for Nets fans...

'01 - '03 = Appreciated

pimp.gif

Free-agent forward Sean May has agreed to a one-year contract with the New Jersey Nets, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

May, who will make the league minimum, played 37 games for the Sacramento Kings last season. He was the 13th overall pick for the Charlotte Bobcats in 2005, where he played four seasons. Injuries and weight issues derailed what had started out as a promising career with the Bobcats.

That time of year guys.

First, thanks ROC. I think I am glad I have sports cause if anyone asks me about current events in the news I will punch them in the face.

All I do is type up reviews of MSNBC News daytime broadcasting.

lol.

Roster for camp

Brook Lopez
Troy Murphy
Travis Outlaw
Anthony Morrow
Devin Harris

Johan Petro
Derrick Favors
Damion James
Terrence Williams
Jordan Farmar

Brian Zoubek
Kris Humphries
Quinton Ross
Stephen Graham
Ben Uzoh

AND for the 10,00000 time

Eddie Gill.

The Open Practice was very good.

Farmar, Twill, and Favors played great.

I don't have a lot of pictures (Unless u want to see Kris Humphries for my lady friend which I was FORCED to take)

But I will attempt to post later.

and finally, I am sad/happy to say that I am not going to attempt to make the Season thread this year.

Some of you guys might be cheering or not even care but I don't want to burden the thread like I did last year not posting or updating at times. I rather take the Rock approach post freely and still be able to rant and rave and not worry about the thread.

I am not going to PM or say who I think should do it. Were adults (Most of us) here and Im sure one of the regulars like Krazy, ROC, JB 23, Iceman, etc etc will be more than willing to take the lead if someone else does not want too.

I will keep the pre-season stuff going for now until the okay for Season Threads go through

as always

GO NETS.

Yeah Im still going to be here Krazy.

I just can't balance working the two jobs (Cause the one is part time for now at NBC), trying to save a failing relationship (that cost me a lot of money and still is by still living with this chick), and trying to have some sort of free life again.

I need my life back in order first before I can do realistically something silly like the thread. But I will still put my input in and help out.

I hear ya.

You're at NBC? I'm at ABC!!
laugh.gif
I'm over by Central Park in NYC. Mostly there weekends.

I'll try to remember to start season thread a the coming days. Gotta get rid of this season thread

I am in North Bergen NJ at their archives

I do right now MSNBC LIVE Shows, Hardball, Olbermann etc etc.

They have just begun getting me to do their beta tapes of Lockdown and other documentaries they show during the off hours saturday and sunday afternoons.

I like it. I wish it was more (as we all do) but it is a foot in the door. I have been there three months now and I think I will ask again Monday about full time again. (Have not done it since the first week they went live with the ARDOME system.)

It is also the building where they film some of Law and Order:SVU

Damn VC3, you sound like me homie.
laugh.gif

Trying to balance a job, make a relationship work, NT, AND still find some free time for yourself.... FML.
laugh.gif

Main reason why I haven't started the Casual Wear thread yet. I'll get around to it shortly though.

Free Time 
nerd.gif

What is That????

SHUGES I hear you man. I literally mean it to all of you guys. She just turned to me and said she is not going with me to the game with my fam sunday. I did not get into details and just said thank you for letting me know.

I guess that is taken as VC3FAN being a a -- hole.

I am too nice of a person and it is biting me in the a-- 

She has nothing to her name. She is on my extra laptop and in the bed my parents bought for us while i'm on our couch (which I don't want once she makes up her mind on the relationship) Her parents are moving into an apartment themselves and would not of taken her back even if they had their home still.

She can't afford the rent by herself

I just hate being in this position of being seen as this horrible person if I up and leave.

I just wish it was better.

My dude... I don't even wanna turn this into a relationship advice moment. But all I can offer right now is to keep your head up.

To make a relationship work, you have to make sacrifices. But BOTH parties involved have to be willing to bend a little and see their partner's point.

Each person has to be willing to see where the other person is coming from.

If not, then there will ALWAYS be problems.

Well, it's finally here. A new season. Let's put '09 behind us.
pimp.gif

I'll start the 2010-11 season thread. Just let me know when.

Go for it krazy
Just left the rock

Favors played great

Amo was shooting from
Three well

Not much though you can say though due to the competition

Still the team look good and I love this arena

Back
Top Bottom