Nets 10-11 Pre-season- Haifa Oct 3 at THE ROCK/VC3FAN Life rant. lol

almost krazy

trade hump and were there.

great move by thorn

the great wall of china in washington.

lol

what do yall think of Ben Uzoh? Ive known the guy since sixth grade and hes always been amazing in BBall

^ Hmm. Never really heard of him. I know he's a center. If he plays D and score a little it'll be an upgrade of Boone.

Welp, Thursday was busy. LeBron, Wade and Bosh all in one day from what I hear. And we went first. I don't know if that means anything, probably doesn't.

I'm just glad they're listening to the FO.

I won't even be upset if we don't get LeBron. We've got young talent still in place.

And I don't want Amare, because he's a walking injury, plus no defense.

I would be upset if we dont get any FA's. They still haven't met with David Lee or Boozer.

EDIT: Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay are likely off the market.

Ben is a pg that with his size, can kinda remind me of sherman douglas in a way.

Very good player that just needs to polish up of some parts of his game.

Brian Zoubek is going to be a steal imo.

He rebounds, blocks shots, and at his frame and size, will be a great backup center for this nets team if they manage to complete their goals in FA.

Once we get rid of Humphries, we are in the perfect position to do big things.

I was all for the Yi trade as well. Not only does it free up cap space, but he's been dissapointing since coming here. Either inconsistant or injured. Time to move on from that deal, & what perfect way to do it then now...

I liked Hump though
frown.gif
He played with some heart and enthusiasm

Summer league is going on and Twill is a completely different player.

Expect a big year from him

Zoubek is playing well. i like him

Still playing the waiting game.

Don't listen to the critics until pen is to paper guys.

Hope for the best.

TWill doing great things in this summer league. His passing ability never fails to amaze me. It also looks like he has the ability to take over a game now in different ways (even though this is just summer league).

[h2]Mikhail Prokhorov makes his first big move, agrees to a five-year, $35 million deal with Travis Outlaw[/h2]

Thu Jul 08,2010 12:05 PM ET By Rob Mahoney

After whiffing on Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Amar'e Stoudemire, Carlos Boozer, Joe Johnson, and likely LeBron James as well, the Nets had to do something. So they've agreed to a five-year, $35 million deal with Travis Outlaw, which makes sense but doesn't.

Outlaw is a pretty average player, and he'll make slightly more than that over the next five years. Not great, but really not so bad. He's a decent complementary scorer, but it's pretty important that the Nets understand what they're getting themselves into. Outlaw may have shown a lot of promise as a 20 year-old when he was scoring 14.5 points while picking up 1.4 steals and 1.8 blocks per 36 minutes, but now he's a 25 year-old scoring at the same rate and picking up about half the steals and blocks that he used to. Travis isn't going to evolve. He'll fill in the gaps, create for himself, and put up some shots, but it's awfully unlikely that he'll ever be anything more than what he is now.

That's fine. Really. Free agent signings don't have to be superstars, and Outlaw could be exactly what the Nets need. I just don't see why they couldn't get very similar offensive production from Chris Douglas-Roberts, who's two years younger, works for less than a million next season, and was shipped out to Milwaukee for a 2012 second round pick.

Outlaw is undoubtedly the better player; he's a superior defender, twice the rebounder that CDR is, and overall the more versatile offensive threat. Still, Douglas-Roberts was in the Nets' wheelhouse at a serious bargain, but his .512 true shooting percentage apparently isn't worth quite as much as Outlaw's .512 true shooting percentage. Even their usage rates are nearly identical. CDR was probably traded in the name of team cleansing (he was rumored to be quite the problem child), but if New Jersey trusts Avery Johnson's ability to run this team as he sees fit, should they really question his ability to control a 23 year-old malcontent? If Douglas-Roberts was causing the Nets problems next season, then he was probably the least of them, y'know?

$35 million later, the Nets aren't all that far from where they started. They did well in the draft, but New Jersey's big free agent plans have fallen hard, and now have invested decent money in a player similar to the one they gave away.

Very, very disappointing summer for the Nets thus far.

The blueprint for greatness will have to wait till next year I guess.

Anybody watching this summer league game right now?

Favors had a good first half. That last dunk he had.
pimp.gif

Yeah, it kinda disappointing that didn't get anyone on our A, B, or even C lists.

At least we're over-spending on these players. On the the other hand we may to because we've missed on all of our targets.

And Jada the summer has been as expected IMO. TWill is looking very good and James had 30 the other night.

Favors looks a little lost at times, he'll come around though.

Yeah, Favors had a slow start in the first few games. I never look into summer league play too much, though.
Restricted free-agent guard Anthony Morrow(notes) has reached agreement on a three-year, $12 million offer sheet with the New Jersey Nets, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Friday night.

The Golden State Warriorsaren’t expected to match the offer, a league source said. Morrow has totake a physical Monday before he can sign the offer sheet. The Warriorswill then have seven days to decide to match.

Good move, if the Warriors don't match.

I'm ok with that sign. He filled for Denver this season. He's aight.

Plus I hear we're under league minimum team salary. Didn't even know about one.

Allegedly we going to throw big money at Lius Scola.

Wow, we also got Farmar signed.

Don't really understand his logic though; I thought he wanted to start. Unless the Nets plan on moving Devin to the 2, I don't see him accomplishing that goal.

I like the direction the team is going. Obviously we didn't get any upper class free agent, but we are building a nice team with depth. I'd like to see us acquire Granger for Harris and the GS pick.

It would give us a line up looking like:

Farmar/T-will
Lee
Granger
Outlaw/ Haslem/ Scola
Lopez

Reserves....

Favors, T-will, Morrow, Petro, Ross, Humpries, James.

A team with depth, defense, and some heart.

congrats on Farmar. Most Laker fans clown on him, but he deserves his chance, although again, I'm not sure how that's going to happen with Harris. Ears showed heart and grit in the playoffs, with court burn, diving after balls, to go with that. I'll be watching to see how he does.

Im liking both signings of Farmar & Morrow...

With the direction we're going this summer, those are 2 guys that fit the profile of that plan.

Back
Top Bottom