NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

Good episode, the show can do the sweeter/more "dramatic" storylines and still do them well, make it funny, and make it their own style.

Troy's development from the dumb and naive jock to a more mature guy at times was finalized tonight, yet he can still do funny things with Abed and at the same time bond with Jeff as an equal. The show is very strong at presenting good character developments amidst all the funny, and make it seem believable.

Some highlights for me:

The disappointed look from Britta to Troy, followed by the enthusiastic approval by Jeff.
The very specific birthday cake
laugh.gif

"I want to bathe in manhood"
Troy saying, "I don't usually cry"
roll.gif
my favorite part of Troy's character is easily is frequent tears.
Jeff calling Britta a goon on the phone
Abed getting hit on, realizing it, and still wanting to talk about Farscape
roll.gif

I'm really looking forward to the Christmas claymation episode.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Good episode, the show can do the sweeter/more "dramatic" storylines and still do them well, make it funny, and make it their own style.

Troy's development from the dumb and naive jock to a more mature guy at times was finalized tonight, yet he can still do funny things with Abed and at the same time bond with Jeff as an equal. The show is very strong at presenting good character developments amidst all the funny, and make it seem believable.

Some highlights for me:

The disappointed look from Britta to Troy, followed by the enthusiastic approval by Jeff.
The very specific birthday cake
laugh.gif

"I want to bathe in manhood"
Troy saying, "I don't usually cry"
roll.gif
my favorite part of Troy's character is easily is frequent tears.
Jeff calling Britta a goon on the phone
Abed getting hit on, realizing it, and still wanting to talk about Farscape
roll.gif

I'm really looking forward to the Christmas claymation episode.

QFT
eek.gif
This is the 6th time in a row I said the newest Community was one of the best of the series.

Pierce! Just everything. Can't believe I missed this to watch the Cavs suck.

This was a good episode. Not the funniest but its an episode that all Sitcoms need. This episode gave depth to Troy who most people think is just a dumb character who needed depth.

This show delivered, yet again. Troy spazzing on Brita and Jeff was kind of
eek.gif
but then again, it was a good moment for his character.

Anybody else recognize the sociology issues the show presents? Or is it that obvious? I guess with the name Community its pretty obvious
grin.gif

Originally Posted by cartune

Anybody else recognize the sociology issues the show presents? Or is it that obvious? I guess with the name Community its pretty obvious
grin.gif

pimp.gif

I wrote this earlier:

Show is so damn good. There is a clear and insightful message through all this (sometimes) absurd comedy. Can't beat that 
pimp.gif

i was hoping shirley would start drinking again in the episode.  her drunk pics being all over the bar was awesome.
annie should've gotten sloppy drunk and took off her sweater.  
devil.gif

chang hasn't been in a few episodes this season.  he's hardly on anymore.

how are the ratings for the show so far?  i know it's in danger of being cancelled.

Avy check 
pimp.gif

Mixology Certification had its moments. When Pierce couldn't maneuver  into the bar
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

i was hoping shirley would start drinking again in the episode.  her drunk pics being all over the bar was awesome.
devil.gif

how are the ratings for the show so far?  i know it's in danger of being cancelled.
What?! Why would NBC do this? This is a hit show.

there was an article on yahoo a couple of months ago, saying how the ratings were low and it was one of the shows in danger of being cancelled.
it's in the same time slot competing against the big bang theory, which has almost 3x the viewers.

i think nbc will be patient with it.  they've stuck with 30 rock, its ratings weren't that great either.  but they do win emmys. 

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

devil.gif

No it's not.
Community is probably my favorite show, but it's ratings are not that great. They're decent, but it still lost in ratings this week to Big Bang Theory, which was a rerun. And it's got the lowest ratings of that comedy block, even Outsourced. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

devil.gif

No it's not.
Community is probably my favorite show, but it's ratings are not that great. They're decent, but it still lost in ratings this week to Big Bang Theory, which was a rerun. And it's got the lowest ratings of that comedy block, even Outsourced. 
tired.gif
tired.gif
 SMH. Outsourced is getting higher ratings than Community? Wow, I wouldn't even think of that...I really hope they keep the show on the air.

Community is the best comedy on TV right now, if they cancel this show ever I'm writing angry letters!

Outsourced also benefits from having The Office as a lead-in, as well as being more heavily promoted. Community is by itself going up against one of the biggest comedies, Big Bang Theory.

there was an article on yahoo a couple of months ago, saying how the ratings were low and it was one of the shows in danger of being cancelled.
it's in the same time slot competing against the big bang theory, which has almost 3x the viewers.

i think nbc will be patient with it.  they've stuck with 30 rock, its ratings weren't that great either.  but they do win emmys. 

don't know about your area but over here, TBBT comes on at 7 and Community comes on at 8 going up against Bones and Vampire Diaries

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Outsources isnt that bad minus the most recent episode
Yeah, I don't think the show is bad as some people say, but, I see how Outsourced has the viewers from The Office.
Btw, is The Big Bang Theory good?

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Outsources isnt that bad minus the most recent episode
Yeah, I don't think the show is bad as some people say, but, I see how Outsourced has the viewers from The Office.
Btw, is The Big Bang Theory good?
yes!
happy.gif

check it out

Claymation episode tonight?

I need to catch last week's sometime today.

Five minutes in, there have already been far too many quotables.

Back
Top Bottom