NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

i don't think community is ahead of mad men.  don draper > all of community.
i agree with CoolNClutch, i liked the whole feel of season 1 better.  this season hasn't showed them being in class much and the show isn't as good without Senor Chang.

Community is one of my favorite shows, next to Burn Notice, Modern Family and Mad Men.

I've been meaning to watch Parks and Rec. Anyone want to shed any light on how good or bad this show is?

IMO, the storyline didn't match the claymation. I expected something really fun and out there. Instead it was an episode that could have been easy told with the real actors.

Nonetheless, it was a great effort and well executed.

tumblr_l86h7g7FzA1qzwz8k.gif

tumblr_l9bovxn8Hz1qzf74h.gif

tumblr_la0ca3jfay1qbjtzz.gif

Spoiler [+]

tumblr_lcuo9cqT1Y1qbwdexo1_400.gif

The first season took some time to find it's rhythm, although I still found it to be funny, but the 2nd season was terrific for Parks and Rec. Great characters, they manage to keep it believable to the environment for the most part, unlike what's happened to The Office, highly recommended.

Watch season 1, it's only 6 episodes just to get the gist of the characters/story, if you don't like it be patient until you get to season 2 and you shouldn't be disappointed then.

I really tried to watch Parks and Rec over the summer, but I couldn't get into it or past that first season. Rashida Jones though.
smokin.gif

Community season 1 was great, always laughing and couldn't get enough. The second season is just awful, I force myself to watch it just hoping to get a good episode but they're always bad this season

Parks and Recreation needs to come back immediately

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

Community takes some risks that other comedy shows don't take. I agree that Modern Family is the best but they have a good formula that people want to see. Community pushes the boundaries a bit and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, which is what turns off casual fans who want Modern Family-type of comedy.

I'd like for them to go back to basing most episodes around the school and their normal day. Seems like every week this season has been a fantasy-type/parody episode, while season 1 only had a few of those and that's why they stood out. Also missing the Spanish class/Senor Chang weekly routine from season 1. I thought Anthropology would be the new Spanish and Betty White would be the new Chang but she was only in it for 1 guest appearance 
frown.gif

CO-SIGN. it seems the show needs to go back to the group revolving around the community college

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

I actually enjoy Parks and Recreation.
This.

I watched both seasons. As others have said, season 2 is one for the record books but s-1 is important for the story line.

GREAT show. One of my favorites.

January 20th, it is. "Asian Population Studies."
The group members debate whether to add Annie's crush, who recentlyenrolled at Greendale, or Senor Chang to the group; Shirley'sex-husband (Malcolm-Jamal Warner) comes back into the picture, and shehas big news for everyone.

I watched the claymation episode twice on Christmas, and enjoyed it very much. Teddy Pierce was my favorite animated character. 
laugh.gif

I can understand some not thinking it was one of the best episodes, but it certainly was a good episode. 

Back
Top Bottom