NBA VS. NHL, Who would win in a fight?

^^Haha you're talking about fighting where they are all professional fighters, so they need to make weight classes. Are NBA or NHLers professionalfighters? No, their skill levels are different, and thus height and weight don't matter. A skilled 150lb professional fighter could take a 220lb bum on thestreet.

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

basketball players are way bigger, most dudes in the nba are yoked as well
yao v milan lucic
tim duncan v riley cote

again...size is overrated. plenty of dudes in the NHL are 6'3" plus will weigh just as much at a 6'10 NBA player.

Hockey players are very athletic.

Growing up, the fastest kids were the ones who played hockey.

Many people don't realize the toll playing hockey puts on the body.

Originally Posted by Rapido27

Height or weight�really have nothing do with fighting skills.
Riley Cote 6 ft 1 inch 210 lbs
Andre Roy 6ft 4 inches 225 lbs
The result?

Like I said look at these chumps trying to rip the jersey off. Fight like sissies

exactly.... plus its part of their sport, like sumone said earlier if in football or basketball they were allowed to swing on eachother ppl would die...literally

and of course a skilled fighter is always gunna have an advantage over a non skilled fighter but saying height n weight have no bearing is ludicrous...ESPECIALLY when talking about ppl who arnt trained fighters

if u watch 100 street fights 75 the bigger man will win... period

standing on ice skates pullin a jersey swinging haymakers hardly constitutes fighting...

um i watch hockey as well, pit ron artest against any of these hockey white boys and guarantee the hockey players will be on the receiving end of a vicious 1-2hook to the face, not to mention nba players have crazy upper body strength.

the only legit fighters in the nhl are marty mcsorely and donald brashear.

But you can't find me 5 NHLers up to the task in a 5 on 5 with Dwight, Nene, LeBron, Kobe (yes, Kobe because dude would do anything to win), Haslem..
Outside of Nene and Dwight, and MAYBE LeBron just cause hes jacked, thats a weak list...

At 45 years old, Claude Lemieux would rock Kobe..

And you couldnt think of someone better than Udonis Haslem?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

exactly.... plus its part of their sport, like sumone said earlier if in football or basketball they were allowed to swing on eachother ppl would die... literally

and of course a skilled fighter is always gunna have an advantage over a non skilled fighter but saying height n weight have no bearing is ludicrous... ESPECIALLY when talking about ppl who arnt trained fighters

if u watch 100 street fights 75 the bigger man will win... period

standing on ice skates pullin a jersey swinging haymakers hardly constitutes fighting...
roll.gif

The quicker man will win.

You know what... scratch that... the SMARTER man will win.

if somebody told you that you're going to get into a fight and you're going to be either be a 6'1" 200 lb person (average hockey playerheight/weight) who can take hits or a 6'7" 220 lb (average NBA player height/weight) with ridiculous wing span which would you rather be? andyou're going to have to fight the one that you don't pick.

and honestly we have to be under the assumption that these guys are not professionally trained in fighting and are going off of just plain natural ability.

i'd take me chances as a 6'7" 220 pounder with a 7 foot wingspan over a 6'1" 200 pound person who might be tougher than i am.

and you guys are acting like NBA players wouldn't scrap every playoff game if the refs and players let them throw hands.

also you guys saying lebron is soft he wouldn't be able to fight any NHL player, i guarantee there are dudes here on NT that have no training in fightingthat can body NHL players in a fight but would get ROCKED by lebron james. even a dude like big baby glen davis's %#+! self would rock people off of plainstrength and size.

The result?
the result was my man slipped over and was perfectly fine when he got back to his feet
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

But you can't find me 5 NHLers up to the task in a 5 on 5 with Dwight, Nene, LeBron, Kobe (yes, Kobe because dude would do anything to win), Haslem..
Outside of Nene and Dwight, and MAYBE LeBron just cause hes jacked, thats a weak list...

At 45 years old, Claude Lemieux would rock Kobe..

And you couldnt think of someone better than Udonis Haslem?
laugh.gif

Here's your dream match up...

vs. Dwight Howard
zdeno-chara.jpg

vs. Nene
boogeyman.jpg

vs. Lebron
georgeslaraque.jpg

vs. Kobe
781260672_Canucks_Coyotes_Hockeyx.jpg

*Carcillo would give Kobe a worse 1-2 than Chris Childs...trust that.

vs. Udonis Haslem
p1_worrell_getty.jpg

and for good measure...vs. Artest
T1.simon.jpg

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

um i watch hockey as well, pit ron artest against any of these hockey white boys and guarantee the hockey players will be on the receiving end of a vicious 1-2 hook to the face, not to mention nba players have crazy upper body strength.

clearly you dont really watch hockey

What I get from this thread is that the NHL is a bunch of sissies, who are 5 foot 2 and weigh 135 pounds. They fight like girls and aren't athletic at all.

But what some of you don't comprehend is that every team has a fighter that stands up for the teams all stars. Every team has a personal boxing trainerthat trains these people to fight. Now while you say they don't know how to fight fine..But practice makes you better and when you fight 5 times a week notknowing how to fight eventually you learn. in the NBA they don't fight at all, so they get no practice but since they are so big and strong and talentedthey can knock anyone out.

Also sorry that in the NHL they don't get undressed like in the mighty ducks movie and fight. OH no they tug on each others jerseys, clearly some of youreplying don't watch hockey because for every fight they have tugging at each others jerseys, there is a fight where someone gets knocked out, cheek bonebroken, jaw broken, etc.. But the rebuttal for that would be that NBA players have harder jaws and bones because they are so tough and strong.

Originally Posted by Numberr97

What I get from this thread is that the NHL is a bunch of sissies, who are 5 foot 2 and weigh 135 pounds. They fight like girls and aren't athletic at all.

But what some of you don't comprehend is that every team has a fighter that stands up for the teams all stars. Every team has a personal boxing trainer that trains these people to fight. Now while you say they don't know how to fight fine..But practice makes you better and when you fight 5 times a week not knowing how to fight eventually you learn. in the NBA they don't fight at all, so they get no practice but since they are so big and strong and talented they can knock anyone out.

Also sorry that in the NHL they don't get undressed like in the mighty ducks movie and fight. OH no they tug on each others jerseys, clearly some of you replying don't watch hockey because for every fight they have tugging at each others jerseys, there is a fight where someone gets knocked out, cheek bone broken, jaw broken, etc.. But the rebuttal for that would be that NBA players have harder jaws and bones because they are so tough and strong.
numberr97 - what it boils down to is that some people cant accept the fact that a "smaller" white guy can beat up a bigger black guy ina fight...no one is gonna come out and say it, but that one comment a few pages back basically summed up the arguement for people arguing for the NBA. it'spathetic.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

The result?
the result was my man slipped over and was perfectly fine when he got back to his feet
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Yup because apparently taking 2 shots to the face is known as 'slipping over'
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WickedNikes

um i watch hockey as well, pit ron artest against any of these hockey white boys and guarantee the hockey players will be on the receiving end of a vicious 1-2 hook to the face, not to mention nba players have crazy upper body strength.

laugh.gif
McSorley hasn't played in the NHL since 2000

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by WickedNikes

laugh.gif
McSorley hasn't played in the NHL since 2000

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
i completely forgot about the cote/roy fight.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

NBA jus based on the size descrepency... the NHL has lots of tru tough guys but u cant tell me outta all them *+@$@@ n the NBA none of em can throw hands...

the biggest man by far n the nhl is Chara whos like 6'9 250 i think, or Malik whos like 6'7 250...

Now jus think about one of them fighting Shaq... game over

Hell id take Kenyon Martin or Nene over ANYBODY n the NHL

Nate Robinson n them better be runnin the other way tho
laugh.gif
i was arguing with someone about this the other day...that is exactly what i said. nba players are WAY bigger than nhl players.

Back
Top Bottom