NBA VS. NHL, Who would win in a fight?

Originally Posted by Wade187

Lol at you guys thinking just cause NHL players fight means they can throw hands. Do you guys look at the fights in hockey? Helmets on half the fight, holding each others jerseys the entire fight, dudes fighting with gloves on. Hockey fights are nothing like a street fight you cant just throw a bunch of wild punches like that lets see these lil dudes try fight that close to a guy who has a big size advantage and what you think is gonna happen? You guys saying size don't matter but even if I can't fight and I have some guy who is up to my chest grabbing on my shirt trying to punch me my first reaction is going to be to pick up and slam his little %##. NBA would take this easily as a whole.
hockey players aren't these little midgets...aint no one gonna be picking anybody up and tossing them aside
laugh.gif

DeadsetAce wrote:
Wade187 wrote:
Lol at you guys thinking just cause NHL players fight means they can throw hands. Do you guys look at the fights in hockey? Helmets on half the fight, holding each others jerseys the entire fight, dudes fighting with gloves on. Hockey fights are nothing like a street fight you cant just throw a bunch of wild punches like that lets see these lil dudes try fight that close to a guy who has a big size advantage and what you think is gonna happen? You guys saying size don't matter but even if I can't fight and I have some guy who is up to my chest grabbing on my shirt trying to punch me my first reaction is going to be to pick up and slam his little %##. NBA would take this easily as a whole.

hockey players aren't these little midgets...aint no one gonna be picking anybody up and tossing them aside
laugh.gif

They not midgets but they definitely aren't big guys compared to NBA players. I'm not saying NBA players are 2 feet taller or anything but on averagethey are bigger and stronger. I mean do you really think throwing a bunch of wild punches is gonna work on a guy who has to look down to you? You guysoverestimate hockey players. Most of them can't fight they basically go blow for blow on some wild %$%!. You go blow for blow with bigger stronger peoplethe odds are against you.

DeadsetAce wrote:
Wade187 wrote:
laugh.gif

They not midgets but they definitely aren't big guys compared to NBA players. I'm not saying NBA players are 2 feet taller or anything but on average they are bigger and stronger. I mean do you really think throwing a bunch of wild punches is gonna work on a guy who has to look down to you? You guys overestimate hockey players. Most of them can't fight they basically go blow for blow on some wild %$%!. You go blow for blow with bigger stronger people the odds are against you.

you're overestimating size in a fight. you're underestimating fighting style in hockey. you're overestimating the slappy crazy armflailing in basketball. not to mention, hockey players fight on skates and ice. on land in sneakers...they'll hit even harder.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Smedroc

dudes goin on like NHL players are prize fighters an +++*
laugh.gif

just because fighting is allowed dont mean all of em on some balboa +++*
smh.gif
....i'd take NBA cause of the size and strength.

I mean Perk could probably murk a division on his own
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Based off what? The fact that he never smiles? Again...all hypothetical....

*off subject...I found it funny that Mo Williams was holding back tears while shooting FT's the other night for a 4 stitch cut...

also, how about when Steve Nash and Tony Parker ran into each other a few years back? Tony Parker is rolling around on the floor like he'd been shot. Meanwhile, you have Nash with a busted nose standing there, extending his hand to help Parker up, while he got the worst of the collision....you know exactly what nash was thinking in his head....
isnt that what this thread is about??

realtalk thou..

big-baby.jpg

>>>>>>>> NHL

(nh)

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'd pay about $10 to see Yao fight Gionta.
laugh.gif

for those that don't know...the tale of the tape would be:

7'6" v 5'6"...and gionta's scrappy @*% would probably win

nba. bunch of small %%* white dudes running around acting like tough guys, they'd get bodied by the quickness by the likes of a ben wallace or stackhouse.

these dudes saying the NBA is so tough are the same ones who thought Kimbo slice would tear through the ranks of MMA in no time flat. they have no clue...

DeadsetAce wrote:

DeadsetAce wrote:
Wade187 wrote:
laugh.gif

They not midgets but they definitely aren't big guys compared to NBA players. I'm not saying NBA players are 2 feet taller or anything but on average they are bigger and stronger. I mean do you really think throwing a bunch of wild punches is gonna work on a guy who has to look down to you? You guys overestimate hockey players. Most of them can't fight they basically go blow for blow on some wild %$%!. You go blow for blow with bigger stronger people the odds are against you.

you're overestimating size in a fight. you're underestimating fighting style in hockey. you're overestimating the slappy crazy arm flailing in basketball. not to mention, hockey players fight on skates and ice. on land in sneakers...they'll hit even harder.

I'm not overestimating the slappy arm flailing in basketball. I know most basketball players can't fight. Well I assume, but I also know alot of hockeyplayers can't fight from what I've seen. Some can throw down, but most can't. You have a bunch of people that can't fight and size is gonna bea factor. Gionta and Yao is a different case. Yao is quite possibly one of the softest dudes you could come across. He is tall but not a big guys. Dude is madfrail

DeadsetAce wrote:

DeadsetAce wrote:
Wade187 wrote:
laugh.gif

you're overestimating size in a fight. you're underestimating fighting style in hockey. you're overestimating the slappy crazy arm flailing in basketball. not to mention, hockey players fight on skates and ice. on land in sneakers...they'll hit even harder.

I'm not overestimating the slappy arm flailing in basketball. I know most basketball players can't fight. Well I assume, but I also know alot of hockey players can't fight from what I've seen. Some can throw down, but most can't. You have a bunch of people that can't fight and size is gonna be a factor. Gionta and Yao is a different case. Yao is quite possibly one of the softest dudes you could come across. He is tall but not a big guys. Dude is mad frail

yeah dude is mad nice too. cant see him trying to knock someone out for the hell of it
laugh.gif

NHL easily. NBA players are soft compared to the NHL and get to hide behind the whistle of a ref. Only few people would stand a chance.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

nba. bunch of small %%* white dudes running around acting like tough guys, they'd get bodied by the quickness by the likes of a ben wallace or stackhouse.
indifferent.gif
ignorance.jpg

NBA. You guys are equating playing in a soft league to being soft. Imagine if the refs let players fought in the NBA. It would be the grimest sport ever. Therewould be protests outside every game. And you have to remember the NBA doesnt wear pads. And also have you seen hockey fights? They grab each others jersey foran advantage. If you ever see someone grab a t-shirt during a street fight you call him a {}. They're not squaring up straight they have a helmet on grab apersons jersey limiting their arm movement while uppercutting them. Yeah the NHL is tough but just cause you can take a million hits to the face doesn'tmean you can fight. We all know those guys who always start fights at parties and never backs down and can have glass shattered on his head but can't throwa solid punch for a free bath with Jessica Alba.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

NBA. You guys are equating playing in a soft league to being soft. Imagine if the refs let players fought in the NBA. It would be the grimest sport ever. There would be protests outside every game. And you have to remember the NBA doesnt wear pads. And also have you seen hockey fights? They grab each others jersey for an advantage. If you ever see someone grab a t-shirt during a street fight you call him a {}. They're not squaring up straight they have a helmet on grab a persons jersey limiting their arm movement while uppercutting them. Yeah the NHL is tough but just cause you can take a million hits to the face doesn't mean you can fight. We all know those guys who always start fights at parties and never backs down and can have glass shattered on his head but can't throw a solid punch for a free bath with Jessica Alba.
so lets get this straight...we havent really seen nba players fight, but we are to assume they are better fighters because.....

and the pads arguement...i think it's pretty obvious. you dont need pads in a league where theres no physical contact. and what that has to do withfighting, i have no idea.

These dudes are throwing blows on skates and they still murk each other, dudes are fearless

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

I agree.
pimp.gif

I have seen few good fighters in hockey. Sorry . I've seen guys that can take a punch but that's great but you'd be hard press to find me 5 currentNHL players who have showed good fighting skills on the ice. (Not saying they aren't good fighters off it but that's all I can judge them on)

Now I haven't seen any good fighters on the court because refs break it up so quick. So all I can go off is Size and strength.
It's hard to explain so let me use a musical reference. It's like saying Andre 3000 can't beat some no name rapper who has been in battles beforebecause Andre 3000 has never been in a battle. Well I look at the 2 opponents and see Andre has the better lyrical prowess so I am going to take Andre 3000. Sowhen I put Dwight Howard vs. whatever tough guy in the NHL I look at as "Big 7 footer with amazing body strength muscle from head to toe who I have neverseen fight vs. 6 footer with less muscle all around who has been in numerous fights but hasn't shown excellent fight form and is just a brawler" thenyes I am going to take the one who looks better on paper. The fight could happen and Dwight could fight like a girl but I doubt it and since this is an opinionpost this is all hypothetical.

And the pad argument is all those punches they are taking to the body in those fights are soften by pads/helmets. Putting the NBA argument aside if NHL playerswere hitting each other with those uppercuts without pads fights wouldn't last as long. Most if not all would be done in a matter of 3-5 punches.

Edit:
laugh.gif
@ dudes using the flaling arms argument. This is in the game andthey are playing to the ref so if you know if you get lightly tapped on the arm and flail your arms youll get the call why wont you do it? Go back and look atall the fights in the NBA history and show me one where 2 guys are in a fight and one guy gets hit and gets over dramatic and looks for the ref for help.

Don't worry I'll wait.

If this is a full on fight you're not gonna see people trying to sell that they got hit me. That's just foolish. but if you're in a game andselling how much you got hit will benefit you then of course players will do it.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

DeadsetAce wrote:
Wade187 wrote:
laugh.gif

Gotta go with the NHL on this one.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by BC2310

The NHL is definitely a tougher league all around but I would take Kenyon in a fist fight against anyone in the NBA and NHL. I think Dwight and Lebron are soft...

The Softest Hockey players are as tough as 90% of the NBA
But why would you take Kenyon? Again, you're going off of hypotheticals and the IDEA that he can whoop %$# based off of how he carries himself. Have you actually seen him throw hands? Obviously there are guys in the NBA who can fight. No doubt about it. However, when you look at the NHL, there aren't many hypotheticals to base opinions off of. These guys DO throw down. That being said, I'm taking Zdeno Chara from the B's as far as being the best/toughest fighter in the NHL. 6'9" 270 pounds, and he's from a wrestling background...people don't challenge him cause he's one tough SOB. If you want evidence, go to youtube and look up his fight against David Koci...Koci is one of the toughest fighters in the NHL, and Chara made his face look like hamburger helper.

Couldn't the argument be made that hockey players fight on skates and are slower than NBA players hypothetically speaking. Looked up your boy and hisDad was a Czech Greco Roman Olympian in the 1976 Olympics
pimp.gif
I'll takeKenyon over anyone but Zdeno Chara. I still think if they fought 10 times Kenyon would win at least 3.

NHL guys would just keep coming....and coming....and coming, never stop till they take out the NBA guys. NHL players are like Jason, just keep on returning

Back
Top Bottom