NBA VS. NHL, Who would win in a fight?

I mean, if you think about it...there are guys in the NHL who are paid to do NOTHING but fight (Brashear, Boogaard, Cote, Orr, etc)....in addition to not onlypracticing w. the team, they are also honing their skills as a pugilist. Again, I'm not taking anything away from dudes in the NBA...but many of these guys(in the NHL) who are 6'2" or 6'3" and drop the gloves on the regular, weigh 240+....these guys are stronger than you can imagine....

chara
pimp.gif

considering the average nba player is like 6'8'' 220 ill take a random nhl dudes leverage over a lanky nba cat. Unless punches are thrownimmediately i see a brawl between the two resulting in some pushing and someone getting thrown to the ground.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

NHL on average > NBA on average.. by far..

But you can't find me 5 NHLers up to the task in a 5 on 5 with Dwight, Nene, LeBron, Kobe (yes, Kobe because dude would do anything to win), Haslem..
laugh.gif

kobe and bron? please....i'll find you a retired hockey player who can take both of them out
i love kobe but please
roll.gif
roll.gif

dude cant fight....

NHL hands down, i mean some of these "enforcers" actually take boxing lessons in the off season. WADE BELAK
pimp.gif

I won't say that Ron-Ron could go toe2toe with the enforcers in the NHL but I will say that he would never back down unlike 90% of the NBA

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

NHL hands down, i mean some of these "enforcers" actually take boxing lessons in the off season. WADE BELAK
pimp.gif

eek.gif
sick.gif
�� I don't watch NHL games as much as I used to.. but seems like the qualityof fighting has improved!� 10-15 yrs ago, they'd throw wild haymakers and try to take off each other's sweaters.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Someone really said Steven Jackson? LOL. Dude weighs like a buck and a quarter. He'd get handled early.
except hes 6'8 220....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

again... the NBA would have an overwhelming height, reach, athleticism advantage n prolly every fight

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

the NBA would have an overwhelming height, reach, athleticism advantage n prolly every fight
not really...
yes really

we get it... ur a hockey fan, hockey has tough players u think theyd win... but u bring no facts to support this

i understand that size is not a determining factor in a fight but its a hugeeee advantage and were talking about world class athletes... NBA players hand/footspeed would be way too much for the NHL players

/the end

^ You're talking as if hockey players have little to no hand/foot speed and discounting the fact that most NHL players have above average hand eyecoordination.

the NBA would have an overwhelming height, reach, athleticism advantage n prolly every fight
not really...
yes really

we get it... ur a hockey fan, hockey has tough players u think theyd win... but u bring no facts to support this

i understand that size is not a determining factor in a fight but its a hugeeee advantage and were talking about world class athletes... NBA players hand/foot speed would be way too much for the NHL players

/the end
the size differential is not that overwhelming. The average height in the NBA is like 6'6? The NHL is probably 6'3.

And the NBA having an athletic advantage is just simply not true. Try playing the sport and you'll realize how athletic they actually are.

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

pimp.gif

Damn, thought I was watching some UFC.

not really...
yes really

i understand that size is not a determining factor in a fight but its a hugeeee advantage and were talking about world class athletes... NBA players hand/foot speed would be way too much for the NHL players

/the end
the size differential is not that overwhelming. The average height in the NBA is like 6'6? The NHL is probably 6'3.

And the NBA having an athletic advantage is just simply not true. Try playing the sport and you'll realize how athletic they actually are.
i find it amazing how quick people are to write off the athleticism on NHL players...it amazes me. newsflash...world class athletes play in theNHL as well. hockey is a MUCH faster game than basketball...the hand/eye coordination required is greater. sure hockey players dont jump 48 inches in theair...but hand eye coordination, agility, and stamina? i'd have to give hockey the edge.

Originally Posted by Proshares

^ You're talking as if hockey players have little to no hand/foot speed and discounting the fact that most NHL players have above average hand eye coordination.

not only that pro.. i'm sure they got a higher tolerance for pain as well. And they are used to seeing punches coming at them. You put a finger on Varajaoor Vujacic and they fall like they've been shot. Also in NBA fights, they throw alot of 'arm' punches because they keep their face as far aspossible from getting hit.. i'm thinkin LJ vs Zo a few years back
laugh.gif

Height or weight�really have nothing do with fighting skills.
Riley Cote 6 ft 1 inch 210 lbs
Andre Roy 6ft 4 inches 225 lbs
The result?

Originally Posted by Rapido27

Height or weight�really have nothing do with fighting skills.
Riley Cote 6 ft 1 inch 210 lbs
Andre Roy 6ft 4 inches 225 lbs
The result?
alien.gif
you guys are right... size and weight have nothing towith anything, they jus make weight classes n every form of fighting for S's&G's

Back
Top Bottom