NBA Top Shot - Contender For 2021 Fleece of The Year

CC+ means current circulation, but Dapper Labs reserves the right to mint more to meet demand. Everyone should know this, so buy/sell/hold accordingly.

LE means Limited Edition, so Dapper Labs will never mint more of that card. Again, buy/sell/hold accordingly.

Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it shady.

Last edited:
I'm a nice person at heart. I just have a deep disdain for stupidity. Not knowing something is okay, that's just ignorance. We're all ignorant. But when you make proclamations about things you don't understand, that's stupidity. There is no good reason to do this.

I'm just going to block more people. I had never, ever blocked anyone on NT in almost four years here, but so far I've blocked two people in this thread this past week. I don't like doing it, but I'd rather do that then argue and come off poorly.
🤡🤡🤡

So just to give you all the info:

-Right now since only 60k packs have released and not everyone knows the marketplace is (was?) open, there aren't a lot of listings so you can get a lot for your moments.
-When more packs release, and more people realize the marketplace is open, prices will probably drop.
-When the challenges are announced, if your moment is chosen, prices will shoot up. I would wait a day or two to sell.
-So you're taking a calculated risk holding. If your moment doesn't get chosen, you probably won't get the $500 or whatever it's going for now. But if it gets chosen, you stand to gain a lot more than you stand to lose. So I suggest holding, but just know the risk.
-Because of your serial # it wouldn't hurt to list for (shot in the dark) 800 or whatever high number you'd be happy with but also somewhat reasonable. If someone bites, you can then rebuy after the next drop for probably 400 or less, pocket the difference, and still have the potential growth if he gets chosen. During challenges serial numbers aren't as important, as any serial number will help you get the free moment.

I thought you were holding things and not selling? You think its better to try to time the market and just get rid of stuff? Also, why do serial numbers matter?

Lucky13s Lucky13s I follow this thread every few days. I look at the marketplace and had never seen the + sign next to cards until just this week. If that card is to infinity, they need to let people know. When did the plus signs start popping up?

I think we have a right to call all of this a tad shady.

Lucky13s Lucky13s I follow this thread every few days. I look at the marketplace and had never seen the + sign next to cards until just this week. If that card is to infinity, they need to let people know. When did the plus signs start popping up?

I think we have a right to call all of this a tad shady.

“but what is ignorance, if not miseducation persevering?”

It’s def a tad shady, really buggy, and damn confusing. I’m intrigued for sure, but then I think what the hell im just interested in making money? Absolutely zero interest in the “product.”

I guess I never sorted by cheapest and never noticed the CC or + sign. My bad. I’ll stay out of this hostile thread. You’re the biggest cheerleader who wants everyone to buy buy buy. Your general info is decent but it’s okay to be leery until folks can actually cash out and show they made real world money out of it. The challenge aspect is its own worrisome issue but I’ll keep opinions to myself. And how are some scoring on every pack? Doesn’t seem so random. Like I said in the beginning. Buy the packs and get those sale gains. But do not put any real money into this somewhat rigged enterprise. Some users have thousands of moments, while some can’t even buy 3. Are people really buying them all for huge upcharges?it seems like a select few top users can run this whole marketplace in due time. I’ll leave my skepticism out of this thread from here on out.

And I’m not the only one. Lots of check marked influencers on Twitter mysteriously getting great queue spots. Same with nba players. But who knows. Spend as little as possible and ride the wave. Don’t get caught buying in the marketplace. But that’s just my biased opinion.

Last edited:
My personal opinions:
1.) If the pack is for an active challenge, open it. Those moments are extremely overpriced during the challenges, and crash hard afterwards. Challenges usually last about 2 weeks. Usually prices peak a few days into the challenge. I wouldn't wait until the last day or two.
2.) If you want dapper funds soon so you don't use your credit card / real funds, then open it. Right now every pack is profit, and you can use that profit for the next pack(s) or on the marketplace. When you're playing with house money, it's easier to hold through dips and also not obsess over the long withdrawal times.
3.) If you don't need the funds soon and plan to hold for a very long time, then sure, I guess you can hold. In the future you'll be able to sell packs through their marketplace. I don't recommend doing business outside of it because you aren't protected. Holding non-active-challenge packs isn't a bad idea, there is no perfect answer since we don't know what's in them or what the future holds. But I personally wouldn't hold a pack unless I somehow accumulated quite a few.

So far from $9 packs, because of crazy serial numbers, I've sold a couple moments for thousands each. No way would I get anywhere near that from selling unopened packs. Who knows if serial numbers will be as coveted in the future. I prefer to build up dapper funds now and make strategic purchases in the marketplace (Series 1 / Rookies / Gold / active challenge moments, if the price is right) as the market goes, instead of trying to predict far into the future.

Greatly appreciated, thank you. Have not gotten to opening the pack I bought today, and before I did, wanted a second opinion. Thanks.

You're welcome. The marketplace will close soon for the next drop, so at this point there's no rush. I just suggest opening it before the challenges end in case one of your moments are part of it and selling for high. Enjoy the opening man, my brother and I made drinks and put on some music and enjoyed when we opened our first ones. They're getting tougher and tougher to get, and this is a pretty solid one to get. This should be fun and enjoyable. That's part of why I don't have patience for the negative nancys. There's enough stress with Covid and the stock market, I don't like being brought down when discussing sneakers or Top Shot. No thanks.
People bringing you down over virtual cards? Give me a break bro

you blocked me for no reason, 🤡

Back
Top Bottom