NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

doyung9 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
Eh, the difference is Bron will be in position to compete for a title next year, Wade won't even be close. So he's basically full of crap tryna look like a good guy or somethin
Wade is in a very similar situation to 05-07 Kobe. You either need to GTF or make management get you a support system.

Might be right there, then I want to see all those people that were bashin the hell outta Kobe in here takin Wade to task, or if they prefer, they can just saythey were wrong and go along with what Kobe was doin back then. (which, btw, worked out)

^The thing is he's giving his organization next to no notice about it. There's no way the Heat are going to contend this year, and most of thisyear's big FAs have already been snatched up.
laugh.gif
I mean to me he's basically saying 'I'm out'

Originally Posted by CP1708

doyung9 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
Eh, the difference is Bron will be in position to compete for a title next year, Wade won't even be close. So he's basically full of crap tryna look like a good guy or somethin
Wade is in a very similar situation to 05-07 Kobe. You either need to GTF or make management get you a support system.

Might be right there, then I want to see all those people that were bashin the hell outta Kobe in here takin Wade to task, or if they prefer, they can just say they were wrong and go along with what Kobe was doin back then. (which, btw, worked out)

Wade should come out and say some $*%% about beasley to some kid holding a video camera..
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

You'll get there Wade, you'll get there..

CP1708 wrote:
doyung9 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:

Might be right there, then I want to see all those people that were bashin the hell outta Kobe in here takin Wade to task, or if they prefer, they can just say they were wrong and go along with what Kobe was doin back then. (which, btw, worked out)

But Wade aint bashing the lakers and saying his playing days as a laker are over to some kids w/camera phone. CP me and you always thought alike but in youhonest opinion, do you think Wade's leaving? IMHO I don't

JDB1523 wrote:
^The thing is he's giving his organization next to no notice about it. There's no way the Heat are going to contend this year, and most of this year's big FAs have already been snatched up.
laugh.gif

Of cource to you he is
laugh.gif
. If the Heat made any moves.....it would bethrough trades no FA because they're over the luxury tax limit

Originally Posted by heat23

CP1708 wrote:
doyung9 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:

But Wade aint bashing the lakers and saying his playing days as a laker are over to some kids w/camera phone. CP me and you always thought alike but in you honest opinion, do you think Wade's leaving? IMHO I don't
Ya know, I hadn't really thought about it much compared to Bron.

Next summer is going to be a bloodbath, that much I know. GM's gon be losin weight by the ton sweatin so much, so if I had to guess, right now, right thissecond, it all depends on if the Heat can get another alpha. If they can land an Amare, or a Bosh to pair with Wade, and make him happy, he should stay. NOBODY touchin the quality of life that Miami offers, they can give him top dollar, but they HAVE to give him another guy. It has to happen. Dirk is anotherone that could pair up nice with Wade. That pick and pop would be nice.

Or 2 lesser types, like Boozer/Joe Johnson combo might work out. Something along those lines.

JDB1523 wrote:
^The thing is he's giving his organization next to no notice about it. There's no way the Heat are going to contend this year, and most of this year's big FAs have already been snatched up.
laugh.gif

Of cource to you he is
laugh.gif
. If the Heat made any moves.....it would be through trades no FA because they're over the luxury tax limit

That's exactly my point. They didn't make any moves and clearly aren't going to contend, and he's a FA come next summer. LeBron has madesimilar comments 1,000,000 times but our front office is at least trying to make moves, and we got to the ECF last year. Not to mention, we're going tohave the $$$ to sign another max player next summer. You can't say the exact same about Miami.

CP1708 wrote:
Originally Posted by heat23

CP1708 wrote:
doyung9 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:

But Wade aint bashing the lakers and saying his playing days as a laker are over to some kids w/camera phone. CP me and you always thought alike but in you honest opinion, do you think Wade's leaving? IMHO I don't
Ya know, I hadn't really thought about it much compared to Bron.

Next summer is going to be a bloodbath, that much I know. GM's gon be losin weight by the ton sweatin so much, so if I had to guess, right now, right this second, it all depends on if the Heat can get another alpha. If they can land an Amare, or a Bosh to pair with Wade, and make him happy, he should stay. NOBODY touchin the quality of life that Miami offers, they can give him top dollar, but they HAVE to give him another guy. It has to happen. Dirk is another one that could pair up nice with Wade. That pick and pop would be nice.

Or 2 lesser types, like Boozer/Joe Johnson combo might work out. Something along those lines.

And that's what Riles is doing. If Wade commits w/signing the extention on the 12th, then we have expiring contracts like no other to trade thisOff-season. Those contracts are gold to teams right now or let them expire next year for FA signings

JDB1523 wrote:
That's exactly my point. They didn't make any moves and clearly aren't going to contend, and he's a FA come next summer. LeBron has madesimilar comments 1,000,000 times but our front office is at least trying to make moves, and we got to the ECF last year. Not to mention, we're going tohave the $$$ to sign another max player next summer. You can't say the exact same about Miami.

read above your statement

I really hope the Magic don't match the Mavs offer for Gortat, I'd hate watching Dampier start for us again..
smh.gif

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Dwade will be in Chicago next year
yup. I'd love him in nyc but I see him going home. Who knows though mad athletes get ****ed with by the goons in Chicago so maybe he won'twanna be there after mia.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I really hope the Magic don't match the Mavs offer for Gortat, I'd hate watching Dampier start for us again..
smh.gif

I believe that if the Magic don't get Gortat back .. they wont probably sniff East finals next season..

Originally Posted by Goldmember

smh.gif

I believe that if the Magic don't get Gortat back .. they wont probably sniff East finals next season..
They already gonna struggle regardless. Gortat leaving is the icing on the cake.

Numerical Roster
1 Aaron Miles G 6-1 175 Kansas 4/13/83 1
3 Rodrigue Beaubois G 6-2 182 Guadeloupe 2/24/88 R
7 Curtis Jerrells G 6-1 201 Baylor 2/5/87 R
9 Luke Jackson F 6-7 215 Oregon 11/6/81 4
13 Nick Calathes G 6-6 194 Florida 2/7/89 R
14 Mickael Gelabale F 6-7 215 France 5/22/83 2
30 Shan Foster G 6-6 205 Vanderbilt 8/20/86 R
34 Ahmad Nivins F 6-9 242 Saint Joseph's 2/10/87 R
35 Trent Strickland F 6-5 215 Wake Forest 4/22/84 R
44 Andre Brown F 6-9 245 DePaul 5/12/81 4
50 Alfred Aboya F 6-9 245 UCLA 1/2/85 R
55 Bryson McKenzie F 6-10 230 Northern Illinois 7/19/83 R

The Mavericks SL roster.

I think Foster, Gelabale, and Roddy all have a shot at making the 15-man roster.

Originally Posted by doyung9

smh.gif

They already gonna struggle regardless. Gortat leaving is the icing on the cake.
Their roster is completely gutted, they have no depth.

If healthy, the Magic should have a 2-3 seed locked up. Maybe even the 1 seed if the Celtics decide "cruise" through the regular season.

Howard, Lewis, Pietrus, Carter, Nelson, Redick, Johnson is enough for 50-55 wins. Just get a PF like McDyess/Bass and they're set for another run.

Originally Posted by doyung9

smh.gif

Well true that
laugh.gif

..and all that for VC
sick.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

If healthy, the Magic should have a 2-3 seed locked up. Maybe even the 1 seed if the Celtics decide "cruise" through the regular season.

Howard, Lewis, Pietrus, Carter, Nelson, Redick, Johnson is enough for 50-55 wins. Just get a PF like McDyess/Bass and they're set for another run.

We're gonna need more than that. If we blow the whole MLE at least do it on a guy that worthy, because after that we'll have to sign people to theminimum.

Back
Top Bottom