NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

If healthy, the Magic should have a 2-3 seed locked up. Maybe even the 1 seed if the Celtics decide "cruise" through the regular season.

Howard, Lewis, Pietrus, Carter, Nelson, Redick, Johnson is enough for 50-55 wins. Just get a PF like McDyess/Bass and they're set for another run.
Are you serious? no back up center and a legit power forward

I say 48 wins max..

Man, if the Jazz can keep Milsap, I like that deal for them.

Will
Rip
AK
Milsap
Okur

That's a nice starting lineup right there.

But again, what the hell are the Pistons doing, NOW they want to add an expiring deal with the 95 million they already wasted? Damn Dumars, make up yourfriggin mind.

Originally Posted by SuperOfficial

From Yahoo! Sports:

[h4]Pistons-Jazz still talking about Boozer for Hamilton swap[/h4]
Talks continue between the Detroit Pistons and Utah Jazz about a Carlos Boozer(notes)-Rip Hamilton trade, according to the News-Herald in Northern Ohio.

Hamilton didn't fit with Allen Iverson(notes) this season, and he won't fit with newly acquired Ben Gordon(notes). In fact, Gordon has become Iverson. He has no conscience when taking shots.

Source: News-Herald\
This deal makes a ton of basketball sense for both teams, but financially it isn't going to work for Utah. They have a lot of money committedto their players and they still got to re-sign Millsap. They need to find a way to dump AK47 and/or Boozer to keepMillsap while retaining some financial flexibility.

Originally Posted by Supafly122

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by CP1708

Maybe the Heat should call Memphis and inquire about Marc Gasol.
wink.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

For who?
Mark Blount
sick.gif

and
laugh.gif
@ people really thinking that we would give up young PROVEN talentfor something like that. We're not heading into rebuilding mode, we already midway through the rebuilding process.

Yeah man, the joke was how Kobe got happy when a Gasol got moved to his team, so Wade should try to get a Gasol too. Get it, get it?
nerd.gif

You a little hair trigger with the Grizz right now, try to relax man.
laugh.gif

Yeah man, the joke was how Kobe got happy when a Gasol got moved to his team, so Wade should try to get a Gasol too. Get it, get it?
nerd.gif

You a little hair trigger with the Grizz right now, try to relax man.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I usually can sense the sarcasm, but its not like nothing positive comes up about the Grizz on here so for all I know it could've been true.
grin.gif

Michael Sweetney is picking his teeth with Darius Washington....

But Darius on a squad. Celtics need a back up point

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
Reports have indicated the Bulls are interested in trading for the Utah Jazz power forward and there is a lot of truth to it. General Manager Gar Forman has already had discussions with the Jazz about sending Boozer to Chicago and talks could heat up even more in the coming weeks. The Bulls are looking to send Tyrus Thomas and most likely Jerome James to the Jazz for Boozer, the problem is the Jazz are talking to several other teams and may wait to find a better deal. Either way, the Bulls will at least make a strong effort at trying to get Boozer in Chicago.
+!*%%%! Grizzlies probably could have gotten Boozer for nothing had they been a little more patient.

I think there's going to be a lot of movement these next couple days, even beyond what we know as 'fact' (ex. Sheed to BOS, Artest to LA). It justseems like there's a lot of teams tinkering their lineups. I love it.

Boozer in Chicago?

Boozer, Miller, Noah,
Rose, Heinrich, Deng, Salmons,

Eh, could be a solid 4 seed with a better Deng, and Rose improving on schedule. (plus Boozer must stay healthy)

If I'm Utah though, I rather have Rip. He would be perfect on a Sloan coached team.

smh.gif

Out of all the times Heisley has been patient in the off-season, he chooses this off-season to make a deal in the first week. If Tyrus Thomas and Jamescould get it done, there's no telling what Memphis could've gave them.

If Utah's goal is to re-sign Millsap, and they aren't exactly capable of taking on the additional payroll, how does Rip Hamilton make sense?There's been whispers they were HUGELY disappointed when Boozer and/or Okur elected not to test free agenct...

Seems to me like they'd be the perfect trade partner (whether three-team or whatever) for the Mavericks in looking to use Stackhouse's essentiallyzero-value contract...

The Mavs could send them Stackhouse and cash, they could send Boozer to Detroit, and Dallas could take back a guy like Hamilton...

That trade frees up the money to sign Millsap and keeps them away from the luxury tax, which it's been rumored they either can't afford or aren'twilling to pay... Seems like it'd make sense all the way around...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If Utah's goal is to re-sign Millsap, and they aren't exactly capable of taking on the additional payroll, how does Rip Hamilton make sense? There's been whispers they were HUGELY disappointed when Boozer and/or Okur elected not to test free agenct...

Seems to me like they'd be the perfect trade partner (whether three-team or whatever) for the Mavericks in looking to use Stackhouse's essentially zero-value contract...

The Mavs could send them Stackhouse and cash, they could send Boozer to Detroit, and Dallas could take back a guy like Hamilton...

That trade frees up the money to sign Millsap and keeps them away from the luxury tax, which it's been rumored they either can't afford or aren't willing to pay... Seems like it'd make sense all the way around...
Makes sense.

I saw another proposal with Kirk Hinrich going to Portland, Carlos Boozer to Chicago and Utah getting spare parts like Steve Blake and Jerome James (insurance)and room to keep Millsap.

Yahoo Sports:

Shannon Brown resigns with the Lakers. 2 years 4.2M Not bad at all for a trade throw in

Originally Posted by franchise3

Yahoo Sports:

Shannon Brown resigns with the Lakers. 2 years 4.2M Not bad at all for a trade throw in

Hell yes.
pimp.gif

And btw, this is some of the money that Ariza prolly wanted.
laugh.gif

If the kid woulda just waited and not listened to his agent.........course, he lookin for some extra scratch out in Clev right now
nerd.gif

Yahoo Sports:

Hell yes.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

If the kid woulda just waited and not listened to his agent.........course, he lookin for some extra scratch out in Clev right now
nerd.gif
This is really big for the Lakers. Good for you guys.

However, I wonder how this affects the money Odom wants, compared to what he's going to get. $2.1 million is a big deal when a guy wants $10 million andyou're only offering $8 mill.. maybe this is why

Yahoo Sports:

That's it?

Figured Shannon would have gotten more, but nonetheless
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Yahoo Sports:

That's it?

Figured Shannon would have gotten more, but nonetheless
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by doyung9

Yahoo Sports:

Hell yes.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif
This is really big for the Lakers. Good for you guys.

However, I wonder how this affects the money Odom wants, compared to what he's going to get. $2.1 million is a big deal when a guy wants $10 million and you're only offering $8 mill.. maybe this is why

Odom will be alright, rumored money right now is 3/24, but I'm guessing we bump it up 2 or 3 mill total. He loves LA and no other teams really have anyinterest in him that make sense. So we should be ok.

Nobody's really in the market for a PG though, especially after the PG heavy draft that just passed.

Shannon has some leeway too since the 2nd year is a player's option, so, he could always jump back in for 2010 in a buyer's market.

Franchise, thoughts on how this whole Ariza situation could possibly pan out?

& I wonder if there are any takers for Farmar
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom