NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Yao is about to have season ending surgery. No more stopping the bleeding with these insertions of the pins nonsense. Just give him what G Hill and Big Z had done. I think it's a whole reconstruction of the foot. Total makeover.

Nobody wants Magette and his deal
laugh.gif

Spurs might offer full MLE to Big Baby. Good signing if they can get it done. A young PF/C with an improving jump shot. The days of slow Rosho/Oberto and a 3pt shooting Bonner are over if they can get this done.
Big Baby got a nice mid-range shot but he's not a good rebounder and struggles to finish in traffic. They should go after Varejao or McDyess.

Like many, I initially questioned why on earth the Mavs are giving 3 years and 25 mil to a 36 year old PG but then I realized Kidd is coming off two seasonsago averaging 10.4 APG and last year averaging 8.7 APG. Assuming he stays injury free he still obviously is going to give you numbers even now...as well as thePG position isnt exactly overflowing with other candidates league-wide.

And let's face it 8 mil a year now is basically nothing.

^The only reason some speculated AV was because his agent, Fegan, also represents Marion. I dunno how to take this Childress news. I really really can'tsee him starting over Delonte after playing a year in Greece, and coming off the bench for the previous 8 seed in ATL. I wouldn't mind him off the bench,because from what I saw in his last year with ATL he had decent game, but starting seems like a stretch. We're also apparently in the hunt with SA, PHX,and Denver for Channing Frye which I'm a bit more receptive of, but again, these aren't groundbreaking pickups. However, considering Joe Smith,Pavlovic, and Ben Wallace all looked like garbage in the playoffs, and with no sign of Wally re-signing, I'd consider them upgrades. Doubtful championshippieces, but upgrades.

Portland isn't interested in LO.

Could offer more then the MLE since they have space, but honestly, do they really need him? He doesn't fill the ball handling/peremiter scorer role theyneed to help out B Roy

The divide between Trevor Ariza and the Los Angeles Lakers stemmed not merely from the notion that the Lakers were unwilling to pay him more than the midlevel exception (which will be approximately $5.8 million for the first season) but also from the fact that the Lakers did not make him an offer of any kind. When Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak spoke with Ariza's agent, David Lee, on Wednesday, Kupchak essentially told Lee to go get the best offer he could and bring it back to him, then perhaps L.A. would match it.

The Lakers' decision to treat Ariza like a restricted free agent disappointed and angered him greatly. He was expecting them to offer him something around $7 million, and their unwillingness to even make him an offer made him feel unwanted and as though he was not a priority to the team.

Some suggest L.A. wanted to see whether it could land Ron Artest with the midlevel exception and that's why it was reluctant to commit to Ariza. And Artest is indeed Ariza's replacement.

The Lakers are not expected to play the same type of hardball with Lamar Odom, even though Odom's leverage is shrinking by the day. They believe he should be rewarded for being a good soldier and going to the bench without causing a distraction, so they probably will offer him a three-year deal worth about $8 million a year. Odom wants about $10 million, but he's not likely to get that anywhere else, so he probably will settle for what the Lakers give him.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

The divide between Trevor Ariza and the Los Angeles Lakers stemmed not merely from the notion that the Lakers were unwilling to pay him more than the midlevel exception (which will be approximately $5.8 million for the first season) but also from the fact that the Lakers did not make him an offer of any kind. When Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak spoke with Ariza's agent, David Lee, on Wednesday, Kupchak essentially told Lee to go get the best offer he could and bring it back to him, then perhaps L.A. would match it.

The Lakers' decision to treat Ariza like a restricted free agent disappointed and angered him greatly. He was expecting them to offer him something around $7 million, and their unwillingness to even make him an offer made him feel unwanted and as though he was not a priority to the team.

Some suggest L.A. wanted to see whether it could land Ron Artest with the midlevel exception and that's why it was reluctant to commit to Ariza. And Artest is indeed Ariza's replacement.

The Lakers are not expected to play the same type of hardball with Lamar Odom, even though Odom's leverage is shrinking by the day. They believe he should be rewarded for being a good soldier and going to the bench without causing a distraction, so they probably will offer him a three-year deal worth about $8 million a year. Odom wants about $10 million, but he's not likely to get that anywhere else, so he probably will settle for what the Lakers give him.

There are conflicting reports about whether or not LA offered Trev a deal. I could find plenty of other articles saying Trev shot down an MLEcontract

How is Ariza gonna be mad at the mid level offer from LA? Every junior jack off GM with a message board was predicting 6-7 mill for the guy, what he thoughthe was worth more? Come on.......

Trev should be a Laker, Artest should be with the Cavs to form the biggest most formidable frontcourt the league ever seen. Imagine Shaq, Artest and Bronplayin for the Cavs.
laugh.gif
Charles Oakley wouldn't want nothin withthat trio.

Oh well, I hope Odom can get an extra mill or 2 out of us so he doesn't feel too bad about not reachin 10 per. We shouldn't fight that too much Iwould hope.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Odom MUST be re-signed. and I too expected around 8 mil per. I think he would take that too he just loves LA too much
& I can understand what's going on from Ariza's standpoint. he's got to look out for himself. Houston can give him the deal that LA seemsreluctant to do

btw, Artest
pimp.gif

I know i'm late but this is my first time on nt in like 2 weeks lol

CP it's more than a 'I'm worth more then the MLE' thing, as it was more 'Go out and see what kinda deal you can get and we'll thinkabout matching it'

Trevor according to the article felt slighted by that, ie, your own team not even throwing an offer your way.

Of course there's been other people saying he shot down the MLE so who knows

[h1]Wade: I'll Stay If HeatContend[/h1]
Jul 06, 2009 3:33 PM EST

Wade_Dwyane_mia.jpg
Dwyane Wade says that he'll stayin Miami for the long-term if the Heat can contend for the NBA title.

Wade, who can opt out of his contract next summer, said Monday that simply getting to the playoffs "is not enough" to satisfy him.

He can sign an extension as early as next week, but the guard wants assurance that the Heat will do what it takes to field a championship-caliber team

^
Translation, I'm leaving. Wade ain't foolin nobody.
laugh.gif

Franchise, I hear ya, but it's a business, they told him to look at the market, see what he can dig up, and if we can afford it, we'll do somethin. Wouldn't he have felt more slapped in the face if we made the first offer and it was lower then expected? So we let him make the first move. Set his ownprice so to speak.

Seriously, if LeBron had made those same comments this thread would be 200+ right now.

Edit: I was 100% going to post about this earlier today because it randomly had me thinking. I mean, there's no rational reason Ariza would go to HOUright? I mean the way most of you Laker fans are talking, he's going to be fully exposed unless he's next to a star, which is fine, but HOU? Artest isgone and Yao is out for the year. CLE makes much more sense, unless he wants to stay in a warm weather city.

*cue Kobe '#$#' .gif*

Eh, the difference is Bron will be in position to compete for a title next year, Wade won't even be close. So he's basically full of crap tryna looklike a good guy or somethin

Originally Posted by CP1708

Eh, the difference is Bron will be in position to compete for a title next year, Wade won't even be close. So he's basically full of crap tryna look like a good guy or somethin
Wade is in a very similar situation to 05-07 Kobe. You either need to GTF or make management get you a support system.

i give wade a better shot at staying with the heat then i do bron with the cavs.

Heat have young talent,cap space and a city EVERYONE loves

Back
Top Bottom