NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Wasn't there a verbal agreement with TA and HOU? Wouldn't he basically be pulling a Boozer? (except for a ***+##@* less $)

Ariza's agent went on radio, 710ESPN and said a deal with the Rockets 'wasn't done yet' when asked what about the Cavs, he said 'nocomment'

Stuff snowballed from there.

Much ado about nothing though as there's a press conference 2M 3:00PM Houston time to announce the signing.

His agent is an idiot, I guess
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by doyung9

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by franchise3

Yahoo Sports:

Shannon Brown resigns with the Lakers. 2 years 4.2M Not bad at all for a trade throw in

Hell yes.
pimp.gif

And btw, this is some of the money that Ariza prolly wanted.
laugh.gif

If the kid woulda just waited and not listened to his agent.........course, he lookin for some extra scratch out in Clev right now
nerd.gif
This is really big for the Lakers. Good for you guys.

However, I wonder how this affects the money Odom wants, compared to what he's going to get. $2.1 million is a big deal when a guy wants $10 million and you're only offering $8 mill.. maybe this is why

Odom will be alright, rumored money right now is 3/24, but I'm guessing we bump it up 2 or 3 mill total. He loves LA and no other teams really have any interest in him that make sense. So we should be ok.
Maan, i hope so..

how does boozer work in detroit? he is going to play Center? If so BLHAHAHHAHAHAH him and Charlie V trying to guard anyone downlow will be laughable

GREAT SIGNING for the lakers.
now they can ship farmar's bum %%! out. shannon did more then they think he did. nice signing guys.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

GREAT SIGNING for the lakers.
now they can ship farmar's fisher bum %%! out. shannon did more then they think he did. nice signing guys.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

fix

Ariza's agent went on radio, 710ESPN and said a deal with the Rockets 'wasn't done yet' when asked what about the Cavs, he said 'no comment'

Stuff snowballed from there.

Much ado about nothing though as there's a press conference 2M 3:00PM Houston time to announce the signing.

His agent is an idiot, I guess
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
so is he signed or not, hopefully he pulls a boozer andcomes to Cleveland.

just because hes old doesn't mean that you ship him out.
yes, he makes questionable play, but his locker-room/leader mentality is very important to that lakers team.

Originally Posted by Mercutio

Boozer on the Bulls looks interesting. Pistons, not so much, for some reason.
Because Boozer can't guard anyone.

But I guess he'd fit in just fine with Charlie FRICKING Villanueva.
laugh.gif

Killer, he's gonna sign Wed. when all these guys can sign. I read Cavs looking at Frye and Marion is close to a deal with somebody.

According to CBS Sports, Mavs working on a sign and trade for Marion
FINGERS M'FING CROSSED!

laugh.gif

My dream may come true. I've been wanting him with Kidd ever since Kidd came over.

PLEASE, let this happen.

JapanAir21 wrote:
franchise3 wrote:
FINGERS M'FING CROSSED!

laugh.gif

My dream may come true. I've been wanting him with Kidd ever since Kidd came over.

PLEASE, let this happen.

If this happens it would really benefit trix

Originally Posted by heat23

JapanAir21 wrote:
franchise3 wrote:
FINGERS M'FING CROSSED!

laugh.gif

PLEASE, let this happen.

If this happens it would really benefit trix
It's really a win-win, he strives when he has a PG who can toss him the ball.

Plus he'll get tons of open shots.

And hopefully he can still defend relatively well (TOR/MIA fans?
nerd.gif
).

[h2]Marion to Dallas? (UPDATE)[/h2]
Posted on: July 6, 2009 9:18 pm

Edited on: July 6, 2009 9:30 pm
The Dallas Mavericks, who have agreed to bring Jason Kidd back with a three-year, $25 million deal, are trying to work out a sign-and-trade withToronto for Shawn Marion, CBSSports.com has learned.

The deal could provide an alternative for the Raptors to renouncing Marion's rights in a bid toclear cap space for its addition of Hedo Turkoglu. But sign-and-trades are particularlycomplicated, especially in this case, because Toronto is reluctant to take back salary, a person familiar with the situation said.

The idea that Carlos Boozer is somehow even remotely close to as bad as a defender is utterly ridiculous.
eyes.gif

On the 2007-2008 Jazz, (the 12th best defensive team in the league that year) according to basketball reference he was tied with AK-47 and Paul Millsap forfewest points allowed on the Jazz that year and just about every year of his career he has been top 3 on his team, while he is not an all world defender hecertainly not bad, and all evidence suggest he as at least above average.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

I still think Marion belongs in Cleveland as Lebron's wingman

That would be a horrible move for Marion because the Cavs are one of the worse fast break team in the league. If he goes to the Mavs he will put up similarnumbers, but not as huge, like he did when he was with the Suns.

yeah marion was/is a pretty good defender... he can guard the wing pretty good... i notced when he was gone... he brought the quickness to run out to the3point line.... we got killed this year by 3 pointers... even house lit us up..

[h3]UPDATE: Amare to Warriors back on?[/h3]
Amare Stoudemire | Suns
Sources have told Ric Bucher that the much-discussed trade between the Golden State Warriors and Phoenix Suns for Amare Soudemire may be heating up once again. As tweeted by Bucher: "Sources are mixed on if Amare-to-GS still happens. My hunch is yes because Nelly wants him and Phx wants to move on." Earlier reports from the San Jose Mercury News Tuesday that Stoudemire had now interest in joining the Warriors or signing an extension with the team.

On again? Biedrins and Wright and maybe Belinelli will likely get it done.

Back
Top Bottom