NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Artest to Lakers. It's not close. I don't see how you can argue otherwise, especially if they re-sign Odom to go along with it...

They just upgraded from Ariza both offensively and defensively... It's a MAJOR pick-up... Sheed, at this point, ain't anything to write home about forme...

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Bigger pick-up?

Sheed to Celtics
or
Artest to Lakers?

Artest and it's not even close. If my team had to pick one.......I'd be P'd if they choose sheed over Artest (both being position of need)

well i think the Celtics addition is adding with losing less.
The jump from Sheed from big baby is greater than Artest from Ariza.

I feel that in the realm of individual talent, Artest to the Lakers was a bigger deal. He's better than Ariza offensively and defensively individually, butas far as being better on the Lakers, I'm not so sure about that. Ariza has proven to be the better 3 point shooter and he did come up with some bigdefensive plays against the Nuggets late in 2 or 3 games. So, I think, being the reigning champs, the relative "hugeness" of the Artest deal is notas big as the Wallace deal. Sheed will spread the floor for Boston when he's on the floor... pulling the opposing team's big men out to the perimeter.He's an upgrade to whatever front line before... I can't say who he's upgrading since nobody knows if he's starting or coming off the bench. Soyeah, I think the bigger pick-up is Sheed to the Celtics. While Artest to LA is significant also, I don't think it's AS big since they were alreadydoing fine without him... and honestly, he seems a step slower defensively than Ariza.

Pretty much, what I'm trying to say is that if LA hadn't picked up Ron, they would've still been fine. But, if Boston hadn't picked up Sheed,they wouldn't be as good as they potentially can be WITH Sheed.

EDIT: I just read what RetroBaller wrote. That's what I was going for
laugh.gif
, but you just used a lot less words
embarassed.gif

ARTEST isnt as old as SHEED, least i dont think so...

ARTEST is playing at a higher level right now, so id say ARTEST...

I would like to see a lineup some point of the game with Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Artest, Kobe. Defense/Offense
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Is it, though?

Ariza was not very good in the regular season, at all... Still think people are buying WAY too much into the big playoff performance...
grin.gif

BangDak wrote:
belle155 wrote:
JinKazama wrote:
Damn...the owner of the Cavs is shaking in his boots right now...VC to the Magic, Sheed to the celtics, gordon and charlie to the pistons...and all the cavs got was a 37 year old shaq to play alongside bron, bron. Right now the cavs are no better than the 3rd best team in the east.
nah its still Boston and Cleveland in the East. Thats not the issue tho, we gotta come outta the east and win the whole damn thing. SA got better, LA got better. We couldnt beat em last year, what makes me think we're gonna beat em this year? Shaq? We still need more help. Get Boozer or somethin.
tired.gif

what about the magic? did you guys forget they completely dominated you in the pick and roll?
just because they lost hedo and half their bench doesn't mean they're weak, and no longer "relevant"

they lost their key players like lee and alston..Hedo is a big threat offensively and created mismatches..but they got VC..let's see what willhappen.And for the cleveland cavaliers...they need another superstar..

Sheed gives the Celtics length off the bench, very good defense and a shooting threat but eh. I (along with many others) have been let down and disappointedtoo many times by him to count on him. Maybe being in Boston, around Garnett, Pierce and Allen will help but I won't hold my breath.

Originally Posted by Supafly122

I would like to see a lineup some point of the game with Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Artest, Kobe. Defense/Offense
pimp.gif
Hopefully we see that at least once next season cause it would be
pimp.gif
. I'm surprised that Bynum/Pau/LO never were all on the floor at the same time this past season, I mean how do you defend that?

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by Supafly122

pimp.gif
Hopefully we see that at least once next season cause it would be
pimp.gif
. I'm surprised that Bynum/Pau/LO never were all on the floor at the same time this past season, I mean how do you defend that?

By letting them shoot
laugh.gif

Well I thought it was funny
grin.gif
let me stop
tired.gif

Someone shed some light on this 'cause rumors are spreading quickly

The lastest one I just saw on ESPN

Wizards- Gilbert Arenas

For

Knicks- Wison Chandler/Jared Jefferies

If we land this
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Wizards- Gilbert Arenas

For

If we land this
eek.gif
pimp.gif
Huh? How would that work? Jefferies and Chandler make 8 mil combined and Agent Zero makes 16 mil. And wouldn't that also foil any plans forthe Knicks to land Bosh or Amare to pair with Bron, cause Zero and Bron is NOT what's poppin'

Wizards- Gilbert Arenas

For

If we land this
eek.gif
pimp.gif
I hope this doesn't happen. The Wiz and the Knicks are my favorite teams, but this makes 0 sense for both parties.

Well actually after looking at the salaries, the Knicks MAY be able to pull this off and still sign Bron & Bosh/Amare, but they have to find someone totrade for and take Eddy Curry's contract, he has a player option for 11 mil next year so I doubt he'll turn down that money knowing he's notgetting anywhere near that much from anyone else. If they do so and get Agent Zero that leaves their payroll at around 22 mil (which is only 4 mil more thanit's scheduled to be next year with the current roster), but only having 4 players under contract (Arenas, Gallanari, Joe Crawford, Chris Hunter). Say yougive both Bron & Bosh or Amare contracts around 20 mil that gets you to a 62 mil figure with 6 people so I just don't see how this financially makesany sense unless they get a bunch of old vets who want to ring chase.

Wizards- Gilbert Arenas

For

If we land this
eek.gif
pimp.gif

This trade wouldn't make any kind of sense. This is one of those crazy Live or 2K trades.

We are looking for a point guard since J kidd wants to be a mav again and nash currently resigning wit the suns I think.

ESPN claiming its a high chance the arenas trade will happen and if not they will pursure mcgrady

But wait....?

I remember an article not to long ago saying that jason williams wants to come back to the NBA?..does anyone remember that?...if he does,,,knicks can sign him?And still get a big agent in 2010?

Originally Posted by raptors29

Wizards- Gilbert Arenas

For

If we land this
eek.gif
pimp.gif

This trade wouldn't make any kind of sense. This is one of those crazy Live or 2K trades.

The one's where you put the trade override on
laugh.gif

I got a question to any Clipper fans
nerd.gif

Did Clipper Nation really thought Z-Bo was a blackhole? After looking at some other Clipper boards, a lot of fans wish Randolph would've stayed. There weremore comments about how Baron Davis and Kaman were the ones $%*#& things up than Z-Bo. Randolph gets so much negativity on NT, so I was trying to actuallysee how did he perform last season rather than going by incidents years ago. I know I didn't watch any Clipper games last season other than when theyplayed Memphis. I think Z-Bo only played in like 1 of those games.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Is it, though?

Ariza was not very good in the regular season, at all... Still think people are buying WAY too much into the big playoff performance...
grin.gif
really i think these moves are in equal importance. Ariza is a wild card. Cause maybe he did turn into a lock down defender, or maybe he turnedinto the 14-16 point scorer. Least with sheed you know what you're getting in a sense. and dont use what ariza does next year to judge cause they aredifferent role. cause really all you need artest to do is play defense, you dont need the offense. and i think Ariza could do that at the same level as artestcan next year

Wizards- Gilbert Arenas

For

If we land this
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Honestly are all Knicks fans this stupid, or do they think the Wizards in being run by clueless ******s? Noone in their right mind would take this trade on theWizards side. Is Jefferies still missing lay-ups liked he did in DC? No way in hell they'd take back his bloated contract. Christ...you fools got excitedover Chandler for the 5th pick rumors
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I got a question to any Clipper fans
nerd.gif

Did Clipper Nation really thought Z-Bo was a blackhole? After looking at some other Clipper boards, a lot of fans wish Randolph would've stayed. There were more comments about how Baron Davis and Kaman were the ones $%*#& things up than Z-Bo. Randolph gets so much negativity on NT, so I was trying to actually see how did he perform last season rather than going by incidents years ago. I know I didn't watch any Clipper games last season other than when they played Memphis. I think Z-Bo only played in like 1 of those games.
Z-Bo is a 20 and 10 bum. This pretty much sums up all you need to know about him:

Originally Posted by jaygoodie08

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Originally Posted by SHUGES

heat23 wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Iverson Still Wants To Be A Starter
Jul 05, 2009 9:35 AM EST

Allen Iverson could be asked to come off the bench by a potential suitor, but he doesn't appear willing to do so.

Iverson, an unrestricted free agent and former MVP, hasn't been mentioned very often in rumors.

He told the Detroit Free Press that he was letting agent Leon Rose field all the inquiries.

When asked by the Free Press what he would do if his new team asked him to come off the bench, Iverson hesitated.

"I don't know. I think I would retire," the guard said.
roll.gif

About to give the diplomatic answer before the hesitation... then said +$@+ it.
My dude!
pimp.gif
I really don't see any problem with him not wanting to come off the bench.

If any other all-star in the league was in his position, I'm sure they'd do their best not to come off the bench as well.

He wants to win and still be able to contribute to a team.
QFT

x2
Dudes on NT just seem to hate AI for whatever reason now.
Cuz you can't name too many SUPERSTARS who are taking a benching with a smile.
Son is not trying to be Steve Francis. Giving you 20+ ppg in one season. And then fighting to stay on a roster the next. (An exaggeration, but you get mydrift).

And Sheed to the C's is a good look. I think he's a worthless dog. But being around the Big 3 will probably rejuvenate him. Celtics are my early pickfor 2010 ECF champs.

Back
Top Bottom