NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Felton, Raja, Iverson, Crash, Okafor, Sheed, Diaw.

THAT, is a team.
Yup. They would definitely make some SERIOUS noise. And Sheed still got his NC ties I'm sure. So he could still fool around with some UNCbunnies.

Get it done Jordan!

i may be wrong, but felton is a free agent.
iverson/dj could take his spot. imo, starting lineup would be dj/iverson/g. wallace/okafor/r. wallace. with diaw/bell/vlad off the bench. that would be
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

i may be wrong, but felton is a free agent.
iverson/dj could take his spot. imo, starting lineup would be dj/iverson/g. wallace/okafor/r. wallace. with diaw/bell/vlad off the bench. that would be
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Zero chemistry

[h1]Tyson Chandler: Could be Dealt[/h1]
Update: According to multiple league sources, Chandler is still being shopped around by the Hornets, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports.

Recommendation: The latest report comes from ESPN's Ric Bucher, who suggests that the Phoenix Suns could deal Ben Wallacehttp://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3149/news;_ylt=AsS3schIsx3sEuSVXRleGh7WCsQF for Chandler anytime they want, but are just checking all other options before going through with it. General Manager Jeff Bower has continued to shop around Chandler for some salary cap relief even after an agreed-upon trade that would have sent Chandler to Oklahoma City in mid-February was voided due to a failed physical.

Spurs Agree To Terms With Haislip

The Spurs have agreed to contract terms with Marcus Haislip, a 6-foot-10 former lottery pick of the Milwaukee Bucks.
Haislip has been playing in Europe since the 2005 season.

San Antonio still hopes to sign Rasheed Wallace with their mid-level exception.

I NaSmatic I wrote:
Spurs Agree To Terms With Haislip

The Spurs have agreed to contract terms with Marcus Haislip, a 6-foot-10 former lottery pick of the Milwaukee Bucks.
Haislip has been playing in Europe since the 2005 season.

San Antonio still hopes to sign Rasheed Wallace with their mid-level exception.

If the spurs get sheed I will not watch basketball next season.....

Sheed still living off his rep from years ago
grin.gif

When he plays with consistent effort, desire and focus, then I'll be worried.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

[h1]Tyson Chandler: Could be Dealt[/h1]
Update: According to multiple league sources, Chandler is still being shopped around by the Hornets, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports.

Recommendation: The latest report comes from ESPN's Ric Bucher, who suggests that the Phoenix Suns could deal Ben Wallacehttp://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3149/news;_ylt=AsS3schIsx3sEuSVXRleGh7WCsQF for Chandler anytime they want, but are just checking all other options before going through with it. General Manager Jeff Bower has continued to shop around Chandler for some salary cap relief even after an agreed-upon trade that would have sent Chandler to Oklahoma City in mid-February was voided due to a failed physical.

I don't really understand this deal and it's been much talked about.

Ben Wallace is 14 million coming off the books this year, but both of these dudes are very injury prone right now. Ben is old, and Chandler is shaky with hisinjuries right now. If you're the Hornets, don't you want to try and be as good as you can be right now with Chris Paul at the helm? I mean, ifyou're shedding salary, and get rid of your third best player, what's that tell you about the direction of the franchise? Chandler has a player-optionfor next year, but is he THAT insignificant to your team that you're willing to let him go for another injury prone Center who has just a year less thanyour current Center?

And if you're the Suns, you trade away Shaq, but then you get back an injury prone big? I thought that the Suns were going into rebuilding mode, but thismove won't make a bigger impact then Shaq did, and they didn't even make the Playoffs last year. Not to mention that Grant Hill may be leaving.

It'd be a move, and there'd be buzz, but still... I just don't see how it helps either team long-term (I don't see Chandler staying, andhe's relatively expensive).

OKC would be a great fit though.

The Pistons need to do something and get a Center. I will not be happy when Kwame Brown is our only C. Get Chandler or Kaman Joe!!

Many possibilities for potential Boozer trade
"Should they explore a Carlos Boozer trade in the wake of the two-time All-Star forward's decision Tuesday to opt against free agency in favor of playing out the final year of his contract, the Jazz can expect to have several options. A Boozer trade is expected in some circles if the Jazz re-sign restricted free agent Paul Millsap, to avoid a lame-duck season in which Boozer would be expected to leave afterward while Millsap possibly would have to continue to come off the bench. To make it happen, though, the Jazz would have to find a team interested in adding a power forward in Boozer or a team trying to save on a long-term salary commitment and/or clear salary-cap space for the ..."

nerd.gif
I doubt it, but any chance of Cavs doing a sign-trade for Boozer. Himbeing public enemy #1 in Cleveland would disappear quickly

Originally Posted by SuperOfficial

The Pistons need to do something and get a Center. I will not be happy when Kwame Brown is our only C. Get Chandler or Kaman Joe!!
Kamans contract is huge. The pistons are just throwing money away if they get kaman. take eddy curry from us
happy.gif
roll.gif

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/many-possibilities-for-potential-boozer-trade-253062.html
Many possibilities for potential Boozer trade
"Should they explore a Carlos Boozer trade in the wake of the two-time All-Star forward's decision Tuesday to opt against free agency in favor of playing out the final year of his contract, the Jazz can expect to have several options. A Boozer trade is expected in some circles if the Jazz re-sign restricted free agent Paul Millsap, to avoid a lame-duck season in which Boozer would be expected to leave afterward while Millsap possibly would have to continue to come off the bench. To make it happen, though, the Jazz would have to find a team interested in adding a power forward in Boozer or a team trying to save on a long-term salary commitment and/or clear salary-cap space for the ..."

nerd.gif
I doubt it, but any chance of Cavs doing a sign-trade for Boozer. Him being public enemy #1 in Cleveland would disappear quickly

It'd have to be a sign-and-trade for AV or for Z, an expiring. Ferry and Z go way back and Z has never even considered playing elsewhere, so I highlyhighly doubt they'd even consider trading him. I'd take Boozer back though, provided he wasn't working for GQ half the time like he did in Utah.

An NBA source said tonight that Detroit free agent forward Rasheed Wallace has committed to sign with the Celtics on July 8 when free agents are able to sign. Wallace is expected to get a two-year deal using the mid-level exception (expected to be about $5.6 million to $5.8 million). Celtics All-Star trio of Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, owner Wyc Grousbeck, coach Doc Rivers and president Danny Ainge met with Wallace last week. Wallace turned down overtures from Orlando and San Antonio to commit to Boston.
Source

Boston got the two best defenders (Perkins and Sheed) against Dwight Howard now
smh.gif

Ummm.. is ORL making any more moves at all?

I mean they basically traded their whole 2nd unit + Hedo (assuming Gortat go elsewhere) ...and only got VC..

So.. looking at their current roster.. i dont think they'll even make it back to the East finals..

Sheed to the C's
eek.gif
sick.gif
...I'm pretty damn sure he'll be more focused and determined playing along the big three..

I want a rematch
devil.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

heat23 wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Iverson Still Wants To Be A Starter
Jul 05, 2009 9:35 AM EST

Allen Iverson could be asked to come off the bench by a potential suitor, but he doesn't appear willing to do so.

Iverson, an unrestricted free agent and former MVP, hasn't been mentioned very often in rumors.

He told the Detroit Free Press that he was letting agent Leon Rose field all the inquiries.

When asked by the Free Press what he would do if his new team asked him to come off the bench, Iverson hesitated.

"I don't know. I think I would retire," the guard said.
roll.gif

About to give the diplomatic answer before the hesitation... then said +$@+ it.
My dude!
pimp.gif

I really don't see any problem with him not wanting to come off the bench.

If any other all-star in the league was in his position, I'm sure they'd do their best not to come off the bench as well.

He wants to win and still be able to contribute to a team.

The Boston Celtics have reached an agreement with Rasheed Wallace, according to a source.
Wallace is expected to get a two-year deal using the mid-level exception (expected to be about $5.6 million to $5.8 million).

Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce, owner Wyc Grousbeck, coach Doc Rivers, and president Danny Ainge met with Wallace last week. Wallace turned down overtures from Orlando and San Antonio to commit to Boston.

Back
Top Bottom