NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

did he change his mind? cause i thought durning the finals he said he would stay?

and dont the hawks still hold his rights?

I wonder if the Hawks would sign and trade his rights...
nerd.gif

I doubt the Hawks will match Childress due to the re-signing priorities going to Bibby and Marvin...plus they just got Crawford.

Broussard was talking about how Memphis was looking for an explosive scorer off the bench and that would be the only way they bring in Iverson to prevent theirlineup of Conley, OJ,Gay, Z-Bo, Gasol or Thabeet from significantly changing the backcourt.

Iverson's camp contacted the Grizzlies yesterday giving all the right answers that he would be willing to come off the bench and be no disruption. No otherteam is looking to give him no more than the MLE and he wants to get paid. If he has the opportunity to be the no.1 option when the bench is in the game, thenit may work out for the better.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Broussard was talking about how Memphis was looking for an explosive scorer off the bench and that would be the only way they bring in Iverson to prevent their lineup of Conley, OJ,Gay, Z-Bo, Gasol or Thabeet from significantly changing the backcourt.

Iverson's camp contacted the Grizzlies yesterday giving all the right answers that he would be willing to come off the bench and be no disruption. No other team is looking to give him no more than the MLE and he wants to get paid. If he has the opportunity to be the no.1 option when the bench is in the game, then it may work out for the better.
Yeah $#!!++# right
roll.gif

laugh.gif
I really want to root for Iverson because I think he's one of the greats, but begging to play on an up-and-coming team because of your past is hardlydoing anything for his legacy...

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Broussard was talking about how Memphis was looking for an explosive scorer off the bench and that would be the only way they bring in Iverson to prevent their lineup of Conley, OJ,Gay, Z-Bo, Gasol or Thabeet from significantly changing the backcourt.

Iverson's camp contacted the Grizzlies yesterday giving all the right answers that he would be willing to come off the bench and be no disruption. No other team is looking to give him no more than the MLE and he wants to get paid. If he has the opportunity to be the no.1 option when the bench is in the game, then it may work out for the better.
Yeah $#!!++# right
roll.gif
Yeah tell me about it.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

On a side note, I've just read two articles saying players have been skeptical to join the Cavs because they're unsure if LeBron will stay next summer. What a %@$*@*$ idiot.

Who's the idiot to which you are referring? If it's Lebron, then I agree. I think he's handled the 2010 free agency issue like a attention-loving prima donna, and by what you've said, it's coming back to bite him in the +%$. The professional thing to do would be to ignore the 2010 issue and shoot it down from ever being brought up to him in his interviews, but Lebron always seems to entertain it and feed into it whenever reporters bring it up. He's playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers and trying to win championships with a solid squad right now, and he should say something to the effect. Now that he's given off this vibe that he's willing to talk about the 2010 free agency and not dispel the notion that he might leave, other players are wary of joining a franchise that would just be Mo Williams and Old Shaq after one year. I really dislike how Lebron handles himself with this issue (the only specific game I can think of is one of the visits to Madison Square Garden, but I know there are many other occasions). What do you objective fans think?

We don't always see eye-to-eye on here but you're 100% right, and that's what my comment was in reference to.

Allen Iverson to come off the bench for the Memphis Grizzlies...........

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhh

That sounds awfully "winnerish". My how the mighty have fallen.
smh.gif

Farr, you still reppin Hedo now? You gon be tellin me how wonderful he is next year? Bet not.
wink.gif

how much did ATL offer bibby for the 3 year contract ? i really hope they can retain marvin as well. i dont see how resigning bibby for 3 years is a bad deal,hes worked hard this past year and a 3 year deal doesnt look THAT bad for the hawks. id rather have bibby than crawford...

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

So who hits the bench with the Bibby resigned?
im gonna say crawford or they can play bibby, crawford, johnson, smith, and horford.
That's almost as funny as me saying that Millsap can play C.

horford and smith would never see the ball with that lineup

are the magic moving lewis back to SF or keeping him there?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

horford and smith would never see the ball with that lineup

are the magic moving lewis back to SF or keeping him there?
Depends if they want to play Pietrus in the starting five.

Jameer
Pietrus?
VC
Raw Lew
Dwight

or

Jameer
VC
Raw Lew
Ryan Anderson?
Dwight

Their entire roster is gone from that trade/free agency,
laugh.gif

Blazers Not Ready To Sign Lee?

Jul 05, 2009 9:54 AM EST

Having lost out on Hedo Turkoglu, the Blazers spoke with David Lee's agent on Saturday.

But Marc Berman reports that the Blazers are not prepared to sign the Knicks' restricted free-agent to an offer sheet using their cap space, for concernthat they would be tied up until July 15 at which time the Knicks might match the offer. The Blazers have about $9 million of cap room.

Trevor Ariza, with the Rockets, and Ron Artest, with the Lakers, have each agreed to contracts at the mid-level exception.

It could be that for Lee to earn more than $6 million per year, he will need to be part of a sign-and-trade deal.

Via New York Post

Portland Trail Blazers, New York Knicks

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jazz Recently Discussed Kirilenko For McGrady
Jul 04, 2009 7:57 PM EST

The Utah Jazz recently held discussions with Houston about swapping Andre Kirilenko for Tracy McGrady, Tim Buckley of the Deseret News is reporting.

Utah also appear to no longer be interested in the trade due to McGrady's health situation and contract status.

McGrady underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left knee in May of 2008 and microfracture surgery on the same problematic knee late last February, and is now ina contract year.

Via Deseret News

Utah Jazz, Houston Rockets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cuban: Mavs Aren't Pursuing Davis
Jul 05, 2009 11:12 AM EST

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban used his Twitter page to deny reports that the team is pursuing Glenn Davis.

"Contrary to reports, the Mavs are not pursuing Glenn Davis. Great player, but we like our guys," Cuban wrote on Sunday morning.

Via Twitter

Dallas Mavericks

Sources: Thunder Unlikely To Splurge
Jul 05, 2009 10:04 AM EST

The Thunder have a sizable amount of cap space, but sources told ESPN.com that they are unlikely to use it.

ESPN's John Hollinger wrote that "given that the best available young players -- Utah's Paul Millsap, New York's David Lee and Milwaukee'sRamon Sessions, all restricted free agents -- are poor fits on the Thunder's roster, OKC plans to continue with its patient approach rather than overpayingfor parts that don't fit especially well."

That is good news for the Jazz, who are hoping to retain Millsap.

Via Deseret News

Oklahoma City Thunder

Celtics Pursuing Grant Hill
Jul 05, 2009 9:55 AM EST

Celtics coach Doc Rivers will meet with Grant Hill in Orlando on Sunday to discuss reuniting in Boston.

Hill and Rivers spent four seasons together with the Magic, but the time was marred by the forward's injury woes.

Rivers believes that Hill could help push the Celtics past the Cavaliers and Magic in the playoffs, while Hill is intrigued by the possibility to joiningBoston.

"I don't know what's going to happen now," Hill said Saturday night. "It's too early to say."

Hill is also scheduled to travel to New York on Monday morning to meet with the Knicks.

Suns general manager Steve Kerr traveled to Orlando this past Wednesday to discuss a return to Phoenix with Hill.

Via Fan House

Boston Celtics

Iverson Still Wants To Be A Starter
Jul 05, 2009 9:35 AM EST

Allen Iverson could be asked to come off the bench by a potential suitor, but he doesn't appear willing to do so.

Iverson, an unrestricted free agent and former MVP, hasn't been mentioned very often in rumors.

He told the Detroit Free Press that he was letting agent Leon Rose field all the inquiries.

When asked by the Free Press what he would do if his new team asked him to come off the bench, Iverson hesitated.

"I don't know. I think I would retire," the guard said.

Via Detroit Free Press

Detroit Pistons

Colangelo Not Done Tweaking In Toronto
Jul 05, 2009 9:28 AM EST

Raptors president Bryan Colangelo was working the phones on Saturday, even after landing Hedo Turkoglu on Friday night.

Colangelo is trying to work a deal that would allow him to keep one of his current players or land someone in a sign-and-trade that would make more money forfree agent Shawn Marion.

His exact plans weren't known, but a number of sources kicked around the idea of Toronto trading Kris Humphries for a draft pick or other considerations.

Via Toronto Star

Toronto Raptors

Johnson Still Leading Candidate In Detroit
Jul 05, 2009 9:22 AM EST

Avery Johnson still appears to be the leading candidate for the vacant coaching position in Detroit.

ESPN.com reported on Friday that Pistons president Joe Dumars and Johnson planned to meet on Sunday at Johnson's home in Houston.

Johnson has a winning percentage of .750 and was two wins from an NBA title with the Mavericks a few seasons ago.

Cavaliers assistant John Kuester and Celtics associate head coach Tom Thibodeau have also been mentioned as candidates.

Via Detroit Free Press

Detroit Pistons

Bulls Join Hornets In Wanting Pargo Back
Jul 05, 2009 12:29 AM EST

Adrian Wojnarowski from Yahoo! Sports has revealed on twitter that the Chicago Bulls have joined the New Orleans Hornets in showing interest for guard JanneroPargo, Wojnarowski revealed on his twitter page.

Pargo has previously played well for both the Bulls and Hornets, and Chicago could help fill some of the scoring lost by Ben Gordon's exodus to Detroit.

"Great meeting," Pargo's agent said to Wojnarowski about his meeting with Chicago.

Via Yahoo!

Chicago Bulls, New Orleans Hornets

Indy Makes No Headway With Jack, McRoberts
Jul 04, 2009 9:27 PM EST

The Pacers haven't made any headway in re-signing restricted free agents Jarrett Jack and Josh McRoberts.

Indiana president Larry Bird has made it known that he wants to retain both players.

Jack's qualifying offer is worth roughly $2.9 million, while the offer for McRoberts is around $1 million for the 2009-10 season.

Free agency opened on midnight Tuesday, but nothing is imminent in Indiana.

"Not yet," Pacers general manager David Morway told RealGM via text message on Saturday.

Via Andrew Perna/RealGM

Indiana Pacers

Charlotte Hasn't Contacted Iverson, Wallace
Jul 04, 2009 9:17 PM EST

Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins says that he has not contacted the agents for Allen Iverson or Rasheed Wallace.

Iverson and Wallace, who both thrived under coach Larry Brown in the past, are unrestricted free agents.

Higgins also said that the team chose not to pick up point guard Sean Singletary's $736,000 option for next season.

Via Charlotte Observer

Charlotte Bobcats

Allen Iverson could be asked to come off the bench by a potential suitor, but he doesn't appear willing to do so.

Iverson, an unrestricted free agent and former MVP, hasn't been mentioned very often in rumors.

He told the Detroit Free Press that he was letting agent Leon Rose field all the inquiries.

When asked by the Free Press what he would do if his new team asked him to come off the bench, Iverson hesitated.

roll.gif

Are the players seriously thinking about signing Lee? Why are they trying to sign players that they don't need?
laugh.gif
What the hell is their GM doing? Can he please look for a PG?

I knew he wouldn't want to come off the bench. He thinks he can come to memphis and be "that guy". Don't do it Wallace.
roll.gif
roll.gif

heat23 wrote:
Iverson Still Wants To Be A Starter
Jul 05, 2009 9:35 AM EST

roll.gif

About to give the diplomatic answer before the hesitation... then said +$@+ it.
My dude!
pimp.gif

Charlotte Hasn't Contacted Iverson, Wallace
Jul 04, 2009 9:17 PM EST

Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins says that he has not contacted the agents for Allen Iverson or Rasheed Wallace.

Iverson and Wallace, who both thrived under coach Larry Brown in the past, are unrestricted free agents.
Oh snap, I forgot LB had Sheed playing like a beast for that one time in his career. Imagine AI and Sheed both going to Charlotte.
eek.gif

Don't front, that instantly makes them a contender for a playoff spot.

Felton, Raja, Iverson, Crash, Okafor, Sheed, Diaw.

THAT, is a team.

I don't know why people would even ASSUME dude would even ATTEMPT to be a bench player again.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom