NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Originally Posted by SHUGES

heat23 wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Iverson Still Wants To Be A Starter
Jul 05, 2009 9:35 AM EST

Allen Iverson could be asked to come off the bench by a potential suitor, but he doesn't appear willing to do so.

Iverson, an unrestricted free agent and former MVP, hasn't been mentioned very often in rumors.

He told the Detroit Free Press that he was letting agent Leon Rose field all the inquiries.

When asked by the Free Press what he would do if his new team asked him to come off the bench, Iverson hesitated.

"I don't know. I think I would retire," the guard said.
roll.gif

About to give the diplomatic answer before the hesitation... then said +$@+ it.
My dude!
pimp.gif
I really don't see any problem with him not wanting to come off the bench.

If any other all-star in the league was in his position, I'm sure they'd do their best not to come off the bench as well.

He wants to win and still be able to contribute to a team.

QFT

Question: If the magic are losing Turk, why don't they want anything back? I know salary is an issue. But that shouldnt be reason to give up a key playerfor free and not help plug in one of their holes.

Raptors don't really have anyone that the Magic need (PF).

Magic got enough perimeter players in Lewis, Carter, Pietrus and Redick. Not a need for Parker or Marion.

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Ummm.. is ORL making any more moves at all?

I mean they basically traded their whole 2nd unit + Hedo (assuming Gortat go elsewhere) ...and only got VC..

So.. looking at their current roster.. i dont think they'll even make it back to the East finals..

Sheed to the C's
eek.gif
sick.gif
...I'm pretty damn sure he'll be more focused and determined playing along the big three..

I want a rematch
devil.gif

homie.....................u aint said nothin but a word dog

Originally Posted by celtixhalfshell

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Ummm.. is ORL making any more moves at all?

I mean they basically traded their whole 2nd unit + Hedo (assuming Gortat go elsewhere) ...and only got VC..

So.. looking at their current roster.. i dont think they'll even make it back to the East finals..

Sheed to the C's
eek.gif
sick.gif
...I'm pretty damn sure he'll be more focused and determined playing along the big three..

I want a rematch
devil.gif

homie.....................u aint said nothin but a word dog
i want a rematch too..just not with orlando
wink.gif

According to the Charlotte Observor some team offered Brandon Bass 5 years 25M. That's a lot of scratch. And I like Bass

Kidd staying in Dallas, as expected, per Bucher.

Jul 05, 2009 10:15 PM EST

ESPN's Ric Bucher used his Twitter page to apparently break the news that Jason Kidd is staying in Dallas.

"Kidd is staying in Dallas. Three years, $25 million-plus," Bucher wrote late Sunday night.

Via Twitter

Originally Posted by franchise3

According to the Charlotte Observor some team offered Brandon Bass 5 years 25M. That's a lot of scratch. And I like Bass
I think Portland...they got the money and need a tough PF behind LaMarcus Aldridge.

Orlando needs to go after Antonio McDyess asap.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Raptors don't really have anyone that the Magic need (PF).

Magic got enough perimeter players in Lewis, Carter, Pietrus and Redick. Not a need for Parker or Marion.
We need a backup SG (Anthony Parker). BTW I don't think Portland has that much money because of Darius Miles and Steve Francis.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by franchise3

I think Portland...they got the money and need a tough PF behind LaMarcus Aldridge.

Orlando needs to go after Antonio McDyess asap.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was ORL who through the money at Bass, but who knows.

I hope no one is offering him more than the MLE.

Damn...the owner of the Cavs is shaking in his boots right now...VC to the Magic, Sheed to the celtics, gordon and charlie to the pistons...and all the cavsgot was a 37 year old shaq to play alongside bron, bron. Right now the cavs are no better than the 3rd best team in the east.

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Damn...the owner of the Cavs is shaking in his boots right now...VC to the Magic, Sheed to the celtics, gordon and charlie to the pistons...and all the cavs got was a 37 year old shaq to play alongside bron, bron. Right now the cavs are no better than the 3rd best team in the east.
The Pistons ain't got no kind of front-court right now.

All they got is Maxiell, who they better hope steps up big time.

I don't think the Pistons are gonna be much of a threat, especially if they lose McDyess. They'll have a non-existent frontcourt defensively.

Damn...the owner of the Cavs is shaking in his boots right now...VC to the Magic, Sheed to the celtics, gordon and charlie to the pistons...and all the cavs got was a 37 year old shaq to play alongside bron, bron. Right now the cavs are no better than the 3rd best team in the east.
nah its still Boston and Cleveland in the East. Thats not the issue tho, we gotta come outta the east and win the whole damn thing. SA gotbetter, LA got better. We couldnt beat em last year, what makes me think we're gonna beat em this year? Shaq? We still need more help. Get Boozer orsomethin.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by belle155

nah its still Boston and Cleveland in the East. Thats not the issue tho, we gotta come outta the east and win the whole damn thing. SA got better, LA got better. We couldnt beat em last year, what makes me think we're gonna beat em this year? Shaq? We still need more help. Get Boozer or somethin.
tired.gif
imo its gona take Lebron playing like he did in the 07 playoffs for the cavs to beats the celtics

Originally Posted by belle155

nah its still Boston and Cleveland in the East. Thats not the issue tho, we gotta come outta the east and win the whole damn thing. SA got better, LA got better. We couldnt beat em last year, what makes me think we're gonna beat em this year? Shaq? We still need more help. Get Boozer or somethin.
tired.gif
what about the magic? did you guys forget they completely dominated you in the pick and roll?
just because they lost hedo and half their bench doesn't mean they're weak, and no longer "relevant"

Wonder what the next chip to fall will be for Cuban and the Mavs... Gotta think with Kidd wrapped up their start looking for something with that Stackhousechip...

Back
Top Bottom