NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

http://www.myspace.com/ronartest

Ariza is worth 7 mil a year, nothing more...whoever pays 9 to 10 mil for him is going to be sorry.

Oh and if he doesn't want to come back, then definitely go after Ron Ron.

Updated: July 1, 2009, 10:42 PM ET

[h2]Sources: Ariza may leave Lakers[/h2]
By Chris Broussard
ESPN.com

Trevor Ariza's short but sweet stay in Los Angeles might be coming to an end.

The 24-year-old swingman, who played a key role in the Lakers' run to their 15th NBA championship, is on the verge of leaving the club, sources close to the situation said on Wednesday.

With at least five teams pursuing Ariza, the Lakers are currently unwilling to pay him more than the $5.6 million mid-level exception.

"They're letting him go," one of the sources said.

Cleveland is making a hard push for Ariza, and the Cavaliers' coaching staff was speaking with him on Wednesday. While Cleveland can only offer the mid-level as well, Ariza's disappointment with the Lakers' stance has moved other suitors ahead of his current team.

The Rockets, Clippers, Raptors and Blazers are also showing interest in Ariza. Portland and Toronto could each offer more than the mid-level exception.

If the Lakers refuse to increase their offer, it's a clear indication that they are choosing their other big free agent forward, Lamar Odom, over the younger Ariza.

Ariza averaged 8.9 points and 4.3 rebounds in the regular season for the Lakers last season. He increased his scoring to 11.3 points and had 4.2 rebounds per game in the playoffs. He had 16 points and 15 points in the last two Lakers victories in the Finals.

Those numbers were a jump over his career averages of 6.9 points and 3.8 rebounds per game. Ariza has played for three teams in his five-year career.

ESPN Link

my only problem with those cavs line up is i have no faith in mike brown keeping those guys in check

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Ariza is worth 7 mil a year, nothing more...whoever pays 9 to 10 mil for him is going to be sorry.

Oh and if he doesn't want to come back, then definitely go after Ron Ron.
QFT. Players getting gassed after a contract year.

Get Artest for the MLE if possible.

Ariza committing career suicide if he goes anywhere that doesn't include Kobe, LeBron, or somebody in that mold...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Ariza committing career suicide if he goes anywhere that doesn't include Kobe, LeBron, or somebody in that mold...
How does Miami sound?
nerd.gif

Exactly, unless he's goes to someone who has a megasuperstar that will consistently draw double teams leaving him WIDE open like Kobe did,he'll be useless. He can't even dribble the ball well
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

And I think Ariza is OVERRATED BIIIIIIIIIIIIG time...

Classic get paid and tank guy.

Artest has been consistent.
laugh.gif
Can't hate on the guy for getting top dollar for hisworth I guess. He probably won't be back in the playoffs any time soon and by February we will be hearing how he's on the trading block because his newteam wants to unload a bad contract.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

How does Miami sound?
nerd.gif
chalmers-wade-ariza-beasley-JO
bench: haslem, cook+whoever they have. not bad.
and OC, ariza is not overrated. overpaid yes, but not overrated. how often can you find guys who can shoot/defend well on the wing.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

How does Miami sound?
nerd.gif
Dwyane qualifies... Still not sure I'd leave LA if I were him and the money were close, though...

Ariza as the 5th or 6th best player on your roster? Cool... Ariza as the third best player on your roster?
eyes.gif

Reason Artest is leaving is because Houston is only offering a one year deal.

It makes sense. TMac is a wrap, Yao is a wrap, why lock up Artest to a long term deal, when it's clear without Yao, the Rockets can't expect to go deepin the playoffs, or even make it.

With TMac's expiring after this year, Yao out, and now not resigning, it's clear now. The Rockets are re-tooling and gearing up for '10.

Should have like 30-40M in cap space
pimp.gif

The only places that can offer more than the MLE for Trev are LA, Portland, Toronto, OKC and Memphis
laugh.gif

He couldn't possibly be dumb enough to leave LA for the last three places listed. OKC and Memphis don't need him, so he basically would leave forPortland or Toronto.

Oh, and Memphis has got to be the most ******ed franchise in sports...

The owner shoots down $10M a year or so for Lee or Millsap, but OKs a trade for Zach Randolph?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

if i were trevor i ride with la as long as i can
his playoff career will become dust if he leaves.
he wont get back to the playoffs unless he gets to the cavs but lebron is leaving to ny
pimp.gif

and if he goes to miami with dwayne, i dont think he will stay with miami either.
soo the lakers really dont NEED him cause we can get ron. but i WANT trevor instead of ron.
only cause he's a young good shooter and great defender and he already fits in with kobe.
but if we cant get him then we shall move on and trev will retire with one ring
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Ariza just got a ring, he's looking to the highest bidder right now...
Exactly, dude is 24 years old and he was a 2nd round pick so he's trying to cash in big time.

I don't think he's really worried about where he ends up, as long as they're the highest bidder.

I have a feeling he's going to be the type of player to secure a long term deal and just cruise along.

Back
Top Bottom