NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Reason Artest is leaving is because Houston is only offering a one year deal.

It makes sense. TMac is a wrap, Yao is a wrap, why lock up Artest to a long term deal, when it's clear without Yao, the Rockets can't expect to go deep in the playoffs, or even make it.

With TMac's expiring after this year, Yao out, and now not resigning, it's clear now. The Rockets are re-tooling and gearing up for '10.

Should have like 30-40M in cap space
pimp.gif
Knicks who, Lebron to Houston
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Wonder what CLE is proposing to Ariza and Artest? There's no way it's the MLE, it's gotta be a sign-and-trade for AV...

i think Houston and Cleveland discussing a sign and trade: AV for Ron
smokin.gif
if this gets done, will make my summer

1a=Artest
1b= Ariza

We could use either

Or bring back Bosh to Texas, Houston.

But yeah. Rockets don't need AV. We have Landry who's making 3M a year and basically provides the same services

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

So basically from what I'm seeing, either Ariza or Artest are going to CLE or LA, whichever team gets one, the other team will get the other. Personally if it does come down to it, give me Artest cause he can do more stuff on the floor. Trev's agent is definitely overrating his client right now.
Isn't that what they're paid to do?

^Thats what I think too. But I'm also hearing that it's going to be AV for Artest, and Ferry wants Artest's wife nowhere near Cleveland, which is what's holding it up.

What's the story on Artest's wifey?????
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

So basically from what I'm seeing, either Ariza or Artest are going to CLE or LA, whichever team gets one, the other team will get the other. Personally if it does come down to it, give me Artest cause he can do more stuff on the floor. Trev's agent is definitely overrating his client right now.
Isn't that what they're paid to do?
True, but thing is he would be getting the exact same contract from LA as he would CLE which is fair market value for what he does. Mitch and Bussare smart for not falling into the trap of Luke and Sasha all over again.

Ariza's agent needs to go catch a bus.....with his mouth....You really can't blame Ariza tho he is young and he was a vital part on a Championshipteam....but he would be stupid not to go on a team without a person named Kobe or Lebron...he is good but he is basically an athletic wingman that can hit theopen 3 that can be replaced....As far as Artest is concerned I have a feeling he wont end up on CLE or LA...I think he finally wants to cash out....but if hedoes go to one it will be LA easy.....they can offer him a little more than the cavs and the Lakeshow would be a better overall fit and he has a goodrelationship with LO and believe or not Kobe lol

^Thats what I think too. But I'm also hearing that it's going to be AV for Artest, and Ferry wants Artest's wife nowhere near Cleveland, which is what's holding it up.

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
That's just sarcasm because she's not necessarily attractive.

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Tell it like it is man she looks like a mix between !@#% and a Jack Russel Terrier
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

hurfgp.jpg

Gotcha...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
Tell it like it is man she looks like a mix between !@#% and a Jack Russel Terrier
laugh.gif

dfayqb.jpg

resign Odom, let Ariza go... and imo Ariza is mad overrated, he lucky he got to play with kobe and was left with all those wide open baseline 3's whenteams were doubling kobe and pau. his defense is overrated as well. LO > Ariza

Originally Posted by franchise3

Reason Artest is leaving is because Houston is only offering a one year deal.

It makes sense. TMac is a wrap, Yao is a wrap, why lock up Artest to a long term deal, when it's clear without Yao, the Rockets can't expect to go deep in the playoffs, or even make it.

With TMac's expiring after this year, Yao out, and now not resigning, it's clear now. The Rockets are re-tooling and gearing up for '10.

Should have like 30-40M in cap space
pimp.gif

If Yao exercises his PO which they think he will do the Rockets cap situation still isn't as much as expected

I don't know how this works, but if Kobe wanted to have Odom and Ariza back, shouldn't he had taken less money so the Lakers management can bring themboth back?

But it sounds like Cleveland is on a mission after that earlier than expected exit going after Ron and Ariza

Why would houston want Varejao when they already have hustle defensive guys already
smh.gif

that would just be a gift for the cavs

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

daniel artest:I want Ron to sign with Cleveland but Lebron unloyalty to his city is probably the reason y he won't. But lebron needs to stop bull*&%@#.
eek.gif

ether....type that make your soul burn slow....

His bro is Bi-Polar
laugh.gif
...+%%% must run in the family...
smh.gif

Statis, I was just on Hoopshype before I came back to this thread to check out the Rockets salary outlook.

Even if Yao opts in, the only guys we have on the payroll for 2010 would be Yao at like 16-17M, Battier at 7M, Landry at 3M, and other guys who don't makemuch like Brooks, James White, etc.

We'll be in good shape overall to target one or two FA's.

Back
Top Bottom