NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Nice doing business with you Memphis. Jeez you guys must love hooking up LA teams.
grin.gif

roll.gif

[h2]Ainge Pays Rasheed A Midnight Visit[/h2]
Jul 01, 2009 1:43 PM EST

bos_40.gif
Celtics general manager Danny Ainge paid Rasheed Wallace a visit just after midnight Wednesday.

"I know he is definitely considering playing for them," one league source said of Wallace.

Assistant director of basketball operations Leo Papile joined Ainge on the recruiting trip, according to Yahoo! Sports.

Via Yahoo! Sports

Boston Celtics

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Source: Nuggets To Make Andersen Multi-Year Offer[/h2]
Jul 01, 2009 1:36 PM EST

den_40.gif
The Nuggets are expected to offer forward Chris Andersen a multi-year contract, according to a league source.

Denver general manager Mark Warkentien boarded a plane on Wednesday morning for Los Angeles in order to present the offer to Andersen, who is considered the team's top priority.

Via Yahoo! Sports

Denver Nuggets

[h2]Grizzlies Preparing $40M-$50M Offer For Lee[/h2]
Jul 01, 2009 1:23 PM EST

mem_40.gif
The Grizzlies are preparing a $40 to $50 million offer for Knicks restricted free agent forward David Lee, according to several league executives.

"There's a great deal of interest in him, and a lot of teams are trying to be very creative," his agent, Mark Bartelstein, told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday.

Via Yahoo! Sports

Memphis Grizzlies, New York Knicks

[h2]List Of Sheed's Suitors: Celtics, Cavs, Spurs, Nuggets[/h2]
Jul 01, 2009 11:18 AM EST

bos_40.gif
Rasheed Wallace's camp was expecting calls early Wednesday from the Celtics, Cavaliers, and Spurs, among others, including Denver.

Kevin Garnett, a league source confirmed, was working behind the scenes to recruit Wallace to Boston.

Via CBSSports

Boston Celtics, Denver Nuggets, San Antonio Spurs, Cleveland Cavaliers

Originally Posted by franchise3

THANKS ALOT HOUSTON.
smile.gif
I HAD ALOT OF FUN:smile:5 minutes ago from web

From Ron Artest's Twitter.com/96TruwarierQB

Time to blow up the team.
tired.gif

frown.gif

The Rockets had a championship caliber team last season, but with T-Mac's microfracture surgery and him being trade baitnow, Yao's career seemingly in jeopardy, Ron Artest looking like he will sign with another team it might be time to retool.

This thread is appreciated by the way.

Well, SA and Phoenix are after Odom.

Everybody knows Ariza is priority #1 for LA and it'd be tough to bring back both.

But Japan posted an article that the talks with Ariza aren't going too well, and he's already said he's not taking a hometown discount to comeback.

So maybe LA throws all that money at Artest instead?

Cleveland talked to Artest last night, and Lebron talked to him too. But Ron Artest's brother came out and said Ron ain't signing for no MLE

So, who knows

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Who are the leading teams for Artest?

Cleveland?
Detroit?
Portland?

pistons? he would get killed on his way from the Airport

If he goes to the cavs him or Bron play SG? because if they have one playing full time at PF its going to=FAIL

Surprised there isnt a lot of Sheed talk in this thread. Hes a key player to a lot of teams looking to finally win a championship. If the Spurs are smart theygo after him hard and i mean real HARD. That team will easily win the championship IMO without a freakin doubt. Nice starting lineup and very nice bench.

- Ron Artest to Cleavland is very interesting. I wonder how that'll work out.

- Sheed to the Celtics or Spurs would mean serious trouble for either conference. Especially if he went to the Spurs.

- With all this talk from the Mavs, Knicks, Cavs and Pistons. I wonder what the Lakers have in mind.

- Hedo to the Blazers seems like the best transaction that makes sense, but what happens to Rudy Fernandez?

Just my opinions.

Everybody knows Ariza is priority #1 for LA and it'd be tough to bring back both.

But Japan posted an article that the talks with Ariza aren't going too well, and he's already said he's not taking a hometown discount to come back.

Cleveland talked to Artest last night, and Lebron talked to him too. But Ron Artest's brother came out and said Ron ain't signing for no MLE

So, who knows

then he cant go to the Lakers then

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

But Japan posted an article that the talks with Ariza aren't going too well, and he's already said he's not taking a hometown discount to come back.

So, who knows
Yeah, and if he DOES sign for MLE, then I'd think he chooses Shaq+LeBron

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

So, who knows
Yeah, and if he DOES sign for MLE, then I'd think he chooses Shaq+LeBron
But we all know that he wont sign a MLE
laugh.gif

If he does settle for the MLE though, it's a tough call between LA + Cleveland.

Both good landing spots.

Who knows, maybe it's a sign and trade to somebody.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

- Ron Artest to Cleavland is very interesting. I wonder how that'll work out.
C L E V E L A N D

i thought the first time id let it slide but then you did it again

I too wonder how that will work out

Honestly I don't think he signs for a MLE.

This is it basically. His last chance at a big pay day.

He been underpaid his whole career. You see how many players make 9-10M a year, and this dude Artest hasn't even hit that plateau yet.

This is his offseason to cash in.

If he does settle for the MLE though, it's a tough call between LA + Cleveland.

Both good landing spots.

Who knows, maybe it's a sign and trade to somebody.

Well, I'd imagine Artest staying in L.A. only if Odom stays. Odom and Artest go back a long way, back to when they were childhood friends playing inCYO/AAU ball.
I still can't see him going to L.A. though.

He been underpaid his whole career. You see how many players make 9-10M a year, and this dude Artest hasn't even hit that plateau yet.

Hardly in this economy.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Hardly in this economy.

When you see Charlie V getting 35M, BG 55M, Turk 65M, Millsap and Lee rumored 40-50M, I think there's a team willing to dole out that kinda dough.

Especially if it's a sign and trade scenario.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Hardly in this economy.
Yeah, but teams are throwing big money to guys like Ben Gordon, Charlie V and D.Lee already. I'd imagine Hedo will be getting anywhere toaround 5 years for 60+ mill. Artest can get a multi year contract for about 45-50 million. If Charlie can get a 35 mill deal, I'm sure Artest can makemore.

Totally agree with what you said. He was basically the man in that Lakers series. This is his LAST chance to make money.

Back
Top Bottom