NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Artest turned down Sac's extension offer and they traded him. Last season was the last year of his prior deal that paid him like 7M.

I'm content about this deal. He can't possibly make us that worse. He is what we needed as far as skills are concerned. He's a ball hog, but heaveraged more assists than Rudy last year and has been no more of a career loser than Rudy.

We have a ton of talent now. The rest is up to the coaching staff (and for Rudy and OJ to raise their level of play). I'm excited about this upcomingseason.

STUPID %%$ GRIZZLIES WOULD TRADE FOR ZBO.

TERRIBLE MOVE THAT THEY WILL REGRET BY DECEMBER, IF NOT EARLIER.

TERRIBLE.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

CLIPPERS TRADE RANDOLPH TO MEMPHIS FOR RICHARDSON

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clippers-randolph2-2009jul02,0,238192.story

laugh.gif
Im going to laugh at this in this thread also. What a terrible move bymemphis. "Hey guys, how can we help our young players develop? I know we can trade for a player who is an absolute black hole and doesn't know howto spell defense, or how"

I'm content about this deal. He can't possibly make us that worse. He is what we needed as far as skills are concerned. He's a ball hog, but he averaged more assists than Rudy last year and has been no more of a career loser than Rudy
you have no idea man, you have no idea.

Ohh so either way an expiring.

Bhz has a point though. Can't really get worse than a 24 win game season. ZBo and all

Originally Posted by franchise3

Bhz has a point though. Can't really get worse than a 24 win game season. ZBo and all
John Wall shoulda chose Memphis instead of Kentucky... dude's going to be in Memphis for a while.
laugh.gif

Like I said in the other thread, if he does some stupid %@(* in the home opener, we all going after him.

The pros to the deal:

-its a short-term deal
-he does rebound and score in the low post regardless of his on-court;off-court issues
-defense isn't going to be that much of a liability with frontcourt players that can defend
-more toughness is added to the team to go along with young and carroll'

cons:
-he's not what u want in an nba player in terms of attitude
-whether he's in shape when the season starts is questionable
etc
etc
etc.

i just hope he can be somewhat coachable this time around. he will be in a city where there's 61% blacks and we not going to let him run around the citydoing whatever the @#($* he want to on the court without hearing about it
laugh.gif

IMO Artest has to be on a team with STRONG leadership to keep his shot selections in check. That wasn't here in Houston. Shaq and LeBron can control him inCleveland.

If you really think about it, I'd rather tack on ZBo for 2 years, who does have an offensive post game even if he's a black hole, than signing a DavidLee to a 5 year 35-50M deal.

Signing a David Lee to that guap is crazy.

- This is easily the best thread in S&T right now. Like 12 pages added today alone.
eek.gif

- D Lee is being severely overlooked by some of you. I've had the pleasure of watching his entire career in NY and the kid is good. Real good. Championshipteams NEED guys like D Lee. Guys who are content to do the dirty work without needing the rock in his hands. If Orl for instance added Lee....
smh.gif

- I love Mark Cuban and all. But he's gonna kill the market if Kidd gets 9m per. Cuz if Kidd gets that, what does AI get? Or Turk?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

-
eek.gif
@ Cuban going hard for Kidd. It's sick that Kidd is still commanding that type of guap.
I mean... What else would you have them do?
laugh.gif

Barea can't start. We've seen what Jason Terry as a starting point guard leads to... There aren't any other viable options available really, unless it's Andre Miller, and if Portland tosses out Travis Outlaw, the Mavs can't match that...

Steph? Tinsley? Bibby? Sessions?

- Z-Bo is definitely a solid talent. But dog, this is your 4th team now. It says a lot when so many teams are willing to move you despite your stellarproduction. Clips had to make this deal though to ensure Blake didn't pick up any bad habits from jump.

If you really think about it, I'd rather tack on ZBo for 2 years, who does have an offensive post game even if he's a black hole, than signing a David Lee to a 5 year 35-50M deal.

Signing a David Lee to that guap is crazy.

That's how I look at it. That's how Heisley looked at it more than likely. He didn't want to go long term with a player that's not an all-starcaliber player. Two years isn't that bad. It can really be like 1 year actually because after next season he will be a 17 mil dollar expiring which isworth a lot nowindays.

SHUGES, D Lee is my dude. I been drafting him every year for my fantasy bball league
laugh.gif

He's nice, but giving him starter money, I dunno if it's justified. He's one of these energy, around the basket type guys who plays big.

Like people have said, you can try and find these guys in the 2nd round as opposed to shelling out 7-10M a year.

Might as well take a flier on a Leon Powe who's coming off an injury for like a year, hope he rebounds and you'd still get him cheaper than a D Leelong term.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Like I said in the other thread, if he does some stupid %@(* in the home opener, we all going after him.

The pros to the deal:

-its a short-term deal
-he does rebound and score in the low post regardless of his on-court;off-court issues
-defense isn't going to be that much of a liability with frontcourt players that can defend
-more toughness is added to the team to go along with young and carroll'

cons:
-he's not what u want in an nba player in terms of attitude
-whether he's in shape when the season starts is questionable
etc
etc
etc.

i just hope he can be somewhat coachable this time around. he will be in a city where there's 61% blacks and we not going to let him run around the city doing whatever the @#($* he want to on the court without hearing about it
laugh.gif
bhz, your homerism is really
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

qrich has one year left, while zbo has 2. i rather have qbrick chucking that zbo being a blackhole. (coming from a knicks fan)
he can really rebound, and score, i can give you that. (still a blackhole)
when you say frontcourt players, who are you talking about? you really expect gasol/thabeet (sp) to clean up after this dude? this knucklehead leaves a mess,and theres no way in fixing it.
only toughness he'll bring is his "hood" toughness
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
(for anyone that takes me seriously, im kidding.)
his shape isnt really questionable, since he doesn't really rely on it. although he does seem a bit overweight to me.
and his attitude is a bit iffy to me as well.
but one point i can give you, how much worse can an 24team win get. im sure zbo might give you an extra 5, which doesnt help though.
zbo > dlee (contract wise only) i rather let the youngs get experience, play together, and sign/trade for an real big to take his spot, hopefully bringingthem to playoff contention.
clippers are def. happy to move zbo. they'll have an tough time trying to share all the shots, but at least griffin can develop.

hell i would give D.lee 5 years 65 million over having Zach on my team for 2 years

Zach is proably the worse 20 and 10 player in NBA HISTORY

bhz, your homerism is really
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

qrich has one year left, while zbo has 2. i rather have qbrick chucking that zbo being a blackhole. (coming from a knicks fan)
he can really rebound, and score, i can give you that. (still a blackhole)
when you say frontcourt players, who are you talking about? you really expect gasol/thabeet (sp) to clean up after this dude? this knucklehead leaves a mess, and theres no way in fixing it.
only toughness he'll bring is his "hood" toughness
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
(for anyone that takes me seriously, im kidding.)
his shape isnt really questionable, since he doesn't really rely on it. although he does seem a bit overweight to me.
and his attitude is a bit iffy to me as well.

saved me from typing

Back
Top Bottom