NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I wouldn't hand Gortat the starting job from the jump... I'd tell him he'll play significant minutes, but he's not starting until he earns it...

Camby, for me, is just turning that Stackhouse contract into a valuable piece that doesn't strap us financially... They have until August 7th (I think) to use Stackhouse's $2M buyout as a $7M contract through trade... Word is they aren't rushing, but they're fully aware of the situation and know that's not really an asset they can afford to let expire, as Stackhouse has no role on this team and the contract is more valuable now than ever...

I'd ABSOLUTELY bring Camby here, assuming Dampier was being dropped one way or another...
Even if Dampier is our only other option?

I suppose..

It depends on what we'd do with Camby, I was assuming we'd bring Camby here to come off the bench, and I really don't see us trading Dampier, nomatter how valuable his expiring contract is, LaFrentz didn't get traded.

I'm just not too confident in our front-office in making moves that will make us significantly better, but I'm just happy to hear them going out topursue Gortat. (Apparently, Carlisle is flying out to ORL).

I'm sorry guys Gortat is not a starter. I know the thought of him compared to Dampier might be tempting but...I just can't see the guy starting andsucceeding, especially with a big(ger) contract behind it.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Apparently, Dwyane Wade called Turk trying to convince him to come to Miami.

If this is true, its seems Dwayne really wants Miami to jump start this process. I really hope Riley is taking notes. We dont have time to fool around, we needto keep Wade Happy.

Like I said, I'd LOVE Gortat... And I think we're not seeing a lot of movement with the Dampier/Stackhouse deals because they're waiting for thepieces to fall into place with Kidd... They need to save those deals in case Kidd DOES go elsewhere, that way they can go out and trade for a viable PGoption... Once they know one way or the other, I think we start to see more movement...

It's all contingent on what Kidd decides to do...
You guys are way too into basketball mode for me right now.

I just spent 20 minutes replying to the Major League All-Stars thread.
laugh.gif

How sad is it I'm knee-deep in both?
laugh.gif
smh.gif
I'm sorry guys Gortat is not a starter. I know the thought of him compared to Dampier might be tempting but...I just can't see the guy starting and succeeding, especially with a big(ger) contract behind it.
I don't know that he is, but he's definitely a viable option... That's why I'd take him, but wouldn't tell him he's astarter until he goes out and proves it through production with a bigger role off the bench...

Originally Posted by JDB1523

I'm sorry guys Gortat is not a starter. I know the thought of him compared to Dampier might be tempting but...I just can't see the guy starting and succeeding, especially with a big(ger) contract behind it.
Why?

He plays great defense, athletic is a GREAT rebounder, very nice shot blocker while his free throw shooting is bad he is still a very efficient offensiveplayer.

Gortat to me can be a starting NBA player, his defense is as good as anybody playing the center right now, and the difference between him and Dwightdefensively is minuscule.

Grunfield... please Bring Bass to the Wizards.... esp. if you can't trade for STAT.

Do it EG.... DO IT!

The last part of Nowitness's post sums up my thoughts also, not until he proves he can start, but at that point you might already be paying starter money?I don't know, maybe I'm looking too into this, btu regardless you're going to overpay to draw him from Orlando so, might as well give him a shot tostart...

The thing that intrigues me most is he has better hands than Dampier. I'm fine with Dampier on the defensive end 9 times out of 10, but on the offensiveend he makes me wince.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

You guys are way too into basketball mode for me right now.

I just spent 20 minutes replying to the Major League All-Stars thread.
laugh.gif

Word. It's officially and exclusively baseball season now...I won't be back into another basketball post until football is over with. Peace outballers.

MLE-$++ for a guy like Gortat is reasonable though.

It's slim pickings, really at the C spot FA wise this year.

Who you rather roll with, Gortat or Big Baby?

Man, all I know is that if Lebron doesn't take it this year, he minds well give it up. I hate the fact that he continues to get all this help brought hisway and cant win.

He has had:

Larry Hughes
Mo Williams
Delonte West
Ben Wallace
IIgauskas
Drew Gooden
Ricky davis
Damon Jones
Donyell Marshall
Darius Miles

And he hasn't done anything with them. I wish Kobe would have gotten all that help once shaq left.. shoot even when shaq was there, after them two if wasbasically just very good role players... If Kobe would have had the teams Lebron has had, Kobe would have had a extra chip or two!

Originally Posted by CP1708

With these teams tryin to land Turk, gotta beleive this drives up the price for Portland. They could even further overpay.
pimp.gif

That said, Portland is a better spot then Toronto, or Detroit. Miami might be a better place to live etc, not sure about their team though.

Chalmers
Wade
Hedo
Beasley
JO

Can Beasly handle the 4, or is that a bad fit?
what i like about beasley at the 4 is that he brings is speed and shooting into play... he is quicker then most PF out there so he can take it tothe rim... give him to much room and he can knock down the J... his defense is a little issue but he did get better near the end of the year... and having J.O.near the rim to contest shots would take a load off of him too....
i think hedo would be a nice fit in miami... he can take a lot of weight off of wade on the scoring side... we are half court offense type of team so wewouldnt be asking too much spped from the dude... the only problem with hedo... is that there would be a way to many players at the SF position...
hedo?
jones
moon
diawara

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Why?

He plays great defense, athletic is a GREAT rebounder, very nice shot blocker while his free throw shooting is bad he is still a very efficient offensive player.

Gortat to me can be a starting NBA player, his defense is as good as anybody playing the center right now, and the difference between him and Dwight defensively is minuscule.

eek.gif
Gortat is a great player but Dwight is a beast. Whoever gets Gortatthough will get a very solid NBA center. Dude played huge whether he played just a few minutes or heavy minutes when Dwight was out/in foul trouble.

Man, all I know is that if Lebron doesn't take it this year, he minds well give it up. I hate the fact that he continues to get all this help brought his way and cant win.

He has had:

Larry Hughes
Mo Williams
Delonte West
Ben Wallace
IIgauskas
Drew Gooden
Ricky davis
Damon Jones
Donyell Marshall
Darius Miles

And he hasn't done anything with them. I wish Kobe would have gotten all that help once shaq left.. shoot even when shaq was there, after them two if was basically just very good role players... If Kobe would have had the teams Lebron has had, Kobe would have had a extra chip or two!
Dear Poster,

Look, we've never seen you in S&T, but please don't come back.

Love,

Sports & Training Forum

Man, all I know is that if Lebron doesn't take it this year, he minds well give it up. I hate the fact that he continues to get all this help brought his way and cant win.

He has had:

Larry Hughes
Mo Williams
Delonte West
Ben Wallace
IIgauskas
Drew Gooden
Ricky davis
Damon Jones
Donyell Marshall
Darius Miles

And he hasn't done anything with them. I wish Kobe would have gotten all that help once shaq left.. shoot even when shaq was there, after them two if was basically just very good role players... If Kobe would have had the teams Lebron has had, Kobe would have had a extra chip or two!
Dear Poster,

Look, we've never seen you in S&T, but please don't come back.

Love,

Sports & Training Forum.

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

He has had:

Larry Hughes
Mo Williams
Delonte West
Ben Wallace
IIgauskas
Drew Gooden
Ricky davis
Damon Jones
Donyell Marshall
Darius Miles

rhnx4p.gif

Makes about as much sense as your post

It is very hard to detect sarcasm on the internet so I will show some restraint. However, if you are being serious you need to log off from life.

^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

didn't SVG say that gortat was overall a better 1 on on 1 defender?
it was posted here, something gota look it up though.

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

He has had:

Larry Hughes
Mo Williams
Delonte West
Ben Wallace
IIgauskas
Drew Gooden
Ricky davis
Damon Jones
Donyell Marshall
Darius Miles

rhnx4p.gif

Makes about as much sense as your post

It is very hard to detect sarcasm on the internet so I will show some restraint. However, if you are being serious you need to log off from life.
roll.gif

I don't know if that's a regular .gif, but had me
laugh.gif
ing.

He has had:

Larry Hughes
Mo Williams
Delonte West
Ben Wallace
IIgauskas
Drew Gooden
Ricky davis
Damon Jones
Donyell Marshall
Darius Miles

Weak flame attempt.

NotoriousMJ23 wrote:

He has had:

Larry Hughes
Mo Williams
Delonte West
Ben Wallace
IIgauskas
Drew Gooden
Ricky davis
Damon Jones
Donyell Marshall
Darius Miles

Bad way to start S&T...

First of all Ricky davis, Damon Jones, Donyell Marshall and Darius Miles were not great players. I doubt they would have done anything to help the Lakersafter shaq left. Lebron got Ben when he was past his prime. Larry wasn't the right fit. D. West and Mo are good players and they fit in with what that teamhas now.

Saying Kobe would have won with those players is just plain dumb IMO.

[h1]Villanueva Comes To Terms With Detroit[/h1]

Jul 01, 2009 7:40 PM EST

Villanueva_Charlie_mil.jpg
Charlie Villanueva has agreedto a five-year deal with the Pistons. His contract is worth at least $35 million.

RealGM Note: Villanueva had been expected to sign with Cleveland, but with Carlos Boozer remaining in Utah, the Pistons had additional resources to pursue abig.

Via Newsday

So we listened to the CLE fans on here gas up Charlie V for a week for nothing?
laugh.gif

i heard artest is the one we will get. supposedly had a face to face meeting w bron today. we'll see

Back
Top Bottom