NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

With Ben Gordon heading to Detroit, Portland looking for a PG and Rudy being mad wouldn't a Kirk Hinrich for Rudy Fernandez make sense?
I'd like the look of that for both teams. But I think Rudy would want a bigger role, I think he liked his role in POR, but was seeking more.

I think Rudy would enjoy going to a small-market team to be a starter than go to a team like CHI where he won't get as much burn.
I would assume Rudy would start or, at the very least, be the sixth man on Chicago. Who would get minutes over him with Gordon gone? Salmons? That's his only real competition for minutes.

plus you have to factor in that salmons would get mins at the 3.. sooo rudy would be able to get more time on the bulls than he did with the blazers where theyhave outlaw, batum and webster at the 3 and roy at the 2

with the bulls they don't have a set in stone 2 and 3.. unless you count deng

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Toronto GM is the same dude that turned the suns around right? so i guess he lost his touch cause he ant done #$!@ up there
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Where did you here this Nas?
From TheOregonian
Sources say Toronto is preparing an offer of five years and $60 million for Turkoglu. Meanwhile, Dwight Howard, the star of his former team - Orlando - reportedly made a call to Turkoglu on Tuesday night to express his desire for him to re-sign with the Magic. Turkoglu opted out of his contract with Orlando, foregoing $7.3 million this season.
However, in order for Toronto to clear enough money to sign Turkoglu to the five-year, $60 million deal, it would have to renounce the contracts of Shawn Marion, Anthony Parker, Carlos Delfino, Patrick O'Bryant and Quincy Douby. The team is leery of taking that path, having that same tactic backfire last season when it created room for the arrival of Jermaine O'Neal.

laugh.gif
I love it for a team like Portland... But for a team in Toronto's position...? Awful.

Calderon
Derozan
Hedo
Bosh
Bargnani

That starting 5 is fine, is nice even, might be a second round team but our bench looks like thinner than Joe Jacksons mustache.

Roko, Marcus Banks, Patrick O'bryant, Reggie Evans, Nathan Jawai and a MLE? Didn't we just go through this.
sick.gif

HOPE IS NOT A PLAN.

Too many question marks witht his move.
tired.gif

But Hedo don't really wanna go play in Toronto does he? That 10 mil make that big of a difference?

He gotta know that Bosh leaves next year and Turk won't ever see the playoffs again. So I still think Portland is where he would choose, money be damned.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I'm guessing the idea is they swing for the fences now to keep Bosh.

Only way i see them signing Turk is if Bosh is demanding it and willing to sign an extension.

Rose
Salmons
Deng?
Tyrus
Miller/Joakim

I'd much rather have Salmons and Deng start, but yeah I guess there isn't as much depth to this team as I thought there was.

Local reports are the Mavs offered Kidd a 3 year deal with $21-25M, but the third year would NOT be fully guaranteed... So that would make it a lot easier tostomach...

Rumor is they're chasing Marcin Gortat, too, possibly with a big chunk of the mid-level... Also said they'd match any offer to Bass within their reachfinancially, though it's believed he'll take less money from a team willing to promise him a more substantial role...

With these teams tryin to land Turk, gotta beleive this drives up the price for Portland. They could even further overpay.
pimp.gif

That said, Portland is a better spot then Toronto, or Detroit. Miami might be a better place to live etc, not sure about their team though.

Chalmers
Wade
Hedo
Beasley
JO

Can Beasly handle the 4, or is that a bad fit?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Local reports are the Mavs offered Kidd a 3 year deal with $21-25M, but the third year would NOT be fully guaranteed... So that would make it a lot easier to stomach...

Rumor is they're chasing Marcin Gortat, too, possibly with a big chunk of the mid-level... Also said they'd match any offer to Bass within their reach financially, though it's believed he'll take less money from a team willing to promise him a more substantial role...
Via DB.com?

I've heard both of those as well (the three year/8 million, and Gortat rumors).

I can really see Gortat signing with us, he'd get tons of minutes.

Via DB.com?

laugh.gif
You know I don't mess with that damn site...

I think Gortat makes a LOT of sense here... Not sure I'd do full mid-level money, but I'd use some of it on him... Just depends what it takes to makeOrlando turn away...

Then I'd offer Stackhouse to the Clippers for Camby (once they come to the realization nobody is taking Kaman or Zach), and try to move Dampier'scontract for a shooting guard...
Japan/NoWitness: what's the Bass situation? any developments with that? While I think that's overpaying for Kidd, I totally understand the situation and the market...and probably most importantly, your owner.
Bass wants minutes... He wants to play a heavier role with a team... I don't know the whole situation with his contract, but apparently theMavs can make it work without dipping into their MLE... I don't understand how, but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard...

Nah CP, I'm lovin' it because I agree with 90% of what you say.

Japan/NoWitness: what's the Bass situation? any developments with that? While I think that's overpaying for Kidd, I totally understand the situationand the market...and probably most importantly, your owner.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Via DB.com?

laugh.gif
You know I don't mess with that damn site...

I think Gortat makes a LOT of sense here... Not sure I'd do full mid-level money, but I'd use some of it on him... Just depends what it takes to make Orlando turn away...

Then I'd offer Stackhouse to the Clippers for Camby (once they come to the realization nobody is taking Kaman or Zach), and try to move Dampier's contract for a shooting guard...
Japan/NoWitness: what's the Bass situation? any developments with that? While I think that's overpaying for Kidd, I totally understand the situation and the market...and probably most importantly, your owner.
Bass wants minutes... He wants to play a heavier role with a team... I don't know the whole situation with his contract, but apparently the Mavs can make it work without dipping into their MLE... I don't understand how, but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard...
Thought you might go there just for some rumors/tidbits, but I guess not,
laugh.gif

You want Camby AND Gortat? I don't know about that. I mean with Dirk getting the minutes he does, signing Gortat only works if he's our primary Center.I don't think Camby is anygood as a back-up, he needs to start to be efficient (ala Paul Millsap).

Also, I really think we're going to let Stackhouse's contract just rot away and not trade it, I know there's no hurry, but I'd rather have itdone BEFORE training camp starts, and I just don't see it happening.

With Bass, I believe since he was signed with us last we can go over the cap and not use our MLE to re-sign him, kind of like how we can with Kidd I'mASSUMING. But as far as what he wants, he really wants more minutes on a team. He really does like it in Dallas, and if we can offer that to him, he'dstay, but it's kind of obvious that's hard for us to give to him right now. I'm not sure if we keep him, but I really do wish him the best down theline.

I've heard some rumblings of a S+T for Marion.
nerd.gif

I think it's possible, especially if TOR gets Hedo...

I'd love to have Marion, Josh, and Gortat in our starting five, moving Josh back down to the two where I always wanted him, and we got Kidd back.....
grin.gif

You guys are way too into basketball mode for me right now.

I just spent 20 minutes replying to the Major League All-Stars thread.
laugh.gif

I wouldn't hand Gortat the starting job from the jump... I'd tell him he'll play significant minutes, but he's not starting until he earnsit...

Camby, for me, is just turning that Stackhouse contract into a valuable piece that doesn't strap us financially... They have until August 7th (I think) touse Stackhouse's $2M buyout as a $7M contract through trade... Word is they aren't rushing, but they're fully aware of the situation and knowthat's not really an asset they can afford to let expire, as Stackhouse has no role on this team and the contract is more valuable now than ever...

I'd ABSOLUTELY bring Camby here, assuming Dampier was being dropped one way or another...

Back
Top Bottom