• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kirk Goldsberry (former spurs exec, popularized shot charts) brought up a lot of interesting points about eliminating the shorter corner 3 (making the distance equal) and thinning the lane. I believe he even wants to move the line back

Just some ideas to eliminate the homogeneous dynamic we could be heading towards

I find myself agreeing with at least the corner 3. Make the 3 be a true skill shot

He said the corner 3PT shot has become too easy, right?

In his new book he proposed letting teams customize the length of their 3PT line in their home arena like how all MLB stadiums have different dimensions. So the Warriors would push theirs back a bit while the Jazz would bring theirs in.

Don't know if I agree with that one. :lol:

In his new book he proposed letting teams customize the length of their 3PT line in their home arena like how all MLB stadiums have different dimensions. So the Warriors would push theirs back a bit while the Jazz would bring theirs in.

Customizing their distance? Hell nah I didn’t hear about that one :sick:

I’m all for his idea of using analytics in essence to do the opposite of optimizing your shot distribution and instead to make the game as great and varied as possible

He shot 40/32/88 that series but I was told Steph has been underwhelming

Well the Celtics were the one of best defenses in the league. Uh the Cavs...not so much. Neither have the other teams Steph has had to face maybe outside of the Spurs in 2017.

This x 100000000000. Bench + Clint been a major disappointment other than Rivers.

yo side note

**** this MAGA ***** Bogut tho

C’mon man...check this thread when that happened. We alllll thought he was faking when it happened. It didn’t look like anything bad at all til he came out from the locker room.

folks who hate on draymond but love CP meeting folks who hate on CP but love draymond

2breqe.jpg

I have yet to meet an individual who likes yuck mouth

Customizing their distance? Hell nah I didn’t hear about that one :sick:

I’m all for his idea of using analytics in essence to do the opposite of optimizing your shot distribution and instead to make the game as great and varied as possible

The idea of eliminating the corner was an interesting one. Treating it like a defensive 3 second thing where if you stand in the corner you have to clear yourself like a 2.9 guy does now on defense. Mentioned how guys like PJ Tucker would be affected by it.

Moving the line back seems like it's quietly gaining more steam though. I know teams use them on their practice floor for spacing purposes right now (Hawks, 6ers), but that's a change I could legitimately see happening.

They should change the rule to where you're only awarded 3 points if you shoot it with your non-dominant hand. Otherwise, you only get two points.

The amount of ******* that would ensue. Whew.
not srs

The idea of eliminating the corner was an interesting one. Treating it like a defensive 3 second thing where if you stand in the corner you have to clear yourself like a 2.9 guy does now on defense. Mentioned how guys like PJ Tucker would be affected by it.

Moving the line back seems like it's quietly gaining more steam though. I know teams use them on their practice floor for spacing purposes right now (Hawks, 6ers), but that's a change I could legitimately see happening.
A violation for standing in the corner would be interesting but if they made corner 3’s the same distance all around I don’t think it’d be necessary

Def interesting ideas though

So the Spurs goin remove the 3 point line completely then?

I think that's the point. Maybe they shouldn't run an offense that's been proven to have its limitations in the playoffs. Not completely do away with it because it has brought them regular season success, but modify it in some way over the course of the season or actually have counters when teams take stuff away. That's the major job of a coach. MDA has never had that part of his DNA though.

Exactly. Since when is making adjustments this foreign concept in the NBA? :lol:

It's just that MDA and Harden have never adjusted in the playoffs, that's why they've never won anything.
It’s also possible that Harden and the team is being maximized in this iso heavy style and that’s simply not good enough.

Also ya’ll are acting like they got swept last year. They lost in a very close 7 where they went ice cold from 3. Im sure they felt their style was good enough to compete.

Back
Top Bottom