• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's the origin of this standoff between Russ and Tramel? It's definitely unprofessional. Unless the dude did something harmful to him or his family, then he shouldn't be punished for just doing his job.
Tramel was the one who did the KD story 4 years ago. Tramel has often defended Russ before the beef but Russ probably took a lot of other criticisms through the years personal and the KD thing was the final straw

Tramel wrote an article here where he talks down to Russ but also explains the entire story

https://newsok.com/article/5385981/tramel-im-not-the-only-one-russell-westbrook-doesnt-like

Lol wut

If a dude acts like a douche no matter what profession he’s in it’s okay to call him out on it. Westbrook is a douche. This is why many people don’t like him. It’s reallllly not that deep, man.
Sure but that doesn't really matter at the end of the day if he's performing. More athletes should be douches tbh they're the best in the world at what most people suck at. That's why the media is always trying to keep them humble with the bs.

Also saying "next question" isn't really hurting anyone's feelings it it? D ick move, sure. But Marshawn Lynch was loved for this and praised for being himself. Russ doing the same
In that same vein,John Torterella is a fan favorite coach in the NHL mainly for the way he stays dressing down and trolling reporters in press conferences :lol:. Pop and Belichick do the same

Feels like those OKC writers would have nervous breakdowns if they had to interview beast mode

In that same vein,John Torterella is a fan favorite coach in the NHL mainly for the way he stays dressing down and trolling reporters in press conferences :lol:. Pop and Belichick do the same
I'm not even relating this to Russ' situation at all but what you describe here has everything to do with skin color

Just like how fighting is accepted and in fact celebrated in baseball, Nascar and hockey. But if football or basketball players fight it's thugs and lengthy suspensions etc.

Feels like those OKC writers would have nervous breakdowns if they had to interview beast mode

To be fair though, I’ve heard a lot of stories/anecdotes about both Pop and Belichick being cool and cordial to the media outside of press conference and sideline interview settings.

The way Pop and Belicheck act is lame a lot of the time too. Like ultimately reporters are part of the same entertainment ecosystem that pays them. Yeah they're lower on the totem pole. But these guys are too self serious.

Anyways I think in the MAGA culture we live in a lot of Americans get hard to anyone "standing up to the big bad media."

It's not a coincidence that Durant and Westbrook are both incredibly sensitive when it comes to the media. They were overly protected by that franchise and local reporters for years, pretty much only had to deal with softballs and adoration. When they turned they couldn't handle it and basically have continued to lash out in the same way.

For Durant the turn came with "Mr. Unreliable" and then leaving, for Russ it came the year after his MVP season when people began looking more closely at his image as a player.

Both of them just want to be loved and praised all the time and have difficulty dealing with criticism or tough questions. Most NBA players are much better at those things.
Nah That Mr Unreliable **** was unacceptable from a local paper with only one major professional team. They’re not Philadelphia

Nah That Mr Unreliable **** was unacceptable from a local paper with only one major professional team. They’re not Philadelphia
Or NYC, or LA or Boston any other professional size market they would have to deal with it. So why be such divas just because you're in Oklahoma?

Sure but that doesn't really matter at the end of the day if he's performing. More athletes should be douches tbh they're the best in the world at what most people suck at. That's why the media is always trying to keep them humble with the bs.

Did I say he’s terrible at his job of playing basketball or did I say he’s a douche? Have you never met anybody in any field of life you thought was talented but an *** hole?

In any profession, you can respect somebody’s skillset and still think the way they act is trash.

And I'm sure Russ and PG do the same thing with other media members on and off the record

It’s certainly possible, but I feel like if that were true in Russ’ case there would be someone vocally coming to his defense when the rest of the media criticizes him. I am not aware of that having happened. But regardless, I hope you’re right.

I'm not even relating this to Russ' situation at all but what you describe here has everything to do with skin color

Just like how fighting is accepted and in fact celebrated in baseball, Nascar and hockey. But if football or basketball players fight it's thugs and lengthy suspensions etc.
Obviously, America is racist.

But, the NBA lengthy suspensions became a thing after malice at the palace and have slowly been going down. Even this year, CP3 beating the dog**** out of Rondo was widely celebrated and there were minor repercussions. Are there lengthy suspensions in football for fighting?

Andre Johnson did this to Finnegan and only received a 25k fine. No suspension :lol:

Baseball players almost always get suspended for fights.

Hockey seems to be the only one where it is outright accepted as part of the game. And yes, I think skin color has a lot to do with it.

They've beaten Indy 6 times in a row. Some struggle...
I don’t know why the past needed to be be brought up. I was strictly talking about this year.

Bron has beaten the Celtics for a while now but he definitely struggled last year....same logic

Yeah they are 3-0 but those games have been rough. Just last game C’s blew a 15 point lead and it took INDY not scoring for 11 minutes to beat them.

Back
Top Bottom