• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol at KD sold his soul if anything, this validates the necessity of GS needing him. These rings are just like Bron's Miami rings as far as I'm concerned. He'll have his opportunity to get his 'CLE' one soon. Respek has been put back on his name.

EDIT: Nevermind keep forgetting this is Timid

Durant's name will never be restored to me but who cares what I think

Jordan was a robot. Crazy how good he was. Son could have won 8 rings if he didn’t go play baseball.

Nah he was actually a mastermind. He knew it was impossible to win more than 3 straight in the modern era (those Celtics teams don't count). So he took a lil mini vacay and came right back to re-up. His legacy would be completely different if it wasn't for that. Might not have won another ring

i told yall a few games ago... curry aint even doing his lil thank God thing after he scores. dude is SHOOK for some reason. looks like every time hes about to pull up something in his head yells BRICK
He looked tired as hell to me. It was pissing me off.

Nah he was actually a mastermind. He knew it was impossible to win more than 3 straight in the modern era (those Celtics teams don't count). So he took a lil mini vacay and came right back to re-up. His legacy would be completely different if it wasn't for that. Might not have won another ring
On a similar note, the further out the Kobe Shaq thing becomes, the more I think that even if they stayed together it wouldn't have produced what I may have thought years ago. There are numerous factors that prevent so many consecutive championship appearances, let alone winning. I used to just assume they'd win but realistically Kobe may have never gotten another ring either

3D995EC3-7546-41C2-861D-329FD63A7A72.gif
Same.

Feels.

On a similar note, the further out the Kobe Shaq thing becomes, the more I think that even if they stayed together it wouldn't have produced what I may have thought years ago. There are numerous factors that prevent so many consecutive championship appearances, let alone winning. I used to just assume they'd win but realistically Kobe may have never gotten another ring either

Well Shaq was already on the decline and fell off even more the very next season. They probably could've/should've squeezed out one more ring in their time together but 4 straight was a challenge and even 4 out of 5 was a long shot. Would've had to nail a late draft pick or get a cheap free agent which they did but Malone just couldn't stay healthy

I’m telling you, man. They both needed retooled rosters around them to win more rings. I get they added GP/Malone in 2004 but I think not having a deep playoff run the year prior was extremely beneficial and the wheels still fell off. This stuff is historically documented.

Well Shaq was already on the decline and fell off even more the very next season. They probably could've/should've squeezed out one more ring in their time together but 4 straight was a challenge and even 4 out of 5 was a long shot. Would've had to nail a late draft pick or get a cheap free agent which they did but Malone just couldn't stay healthy

To your point - if KD’s trying to win another chip he better looking at history and seeing how washed this current Dubs team is and realize they don’t have the ability to make roster improvements. That Dubs roster moving forward, constructed as is, ain’t it, Chief.

Curry fatigued now :rofl::rofl:

Curry was actually playing defense and running off ball so it's a lil different. Plus Harden has never played into June, that run all happened before March. Harden literally moves around at the slowest pace in the league amongst all players. Not making excuses for curry so much as slandering harden :lol:. Curry will bounce back game 5 but Klay will struggle with his hammy and no one else will really be effective, basically a repeat of game 3

Curry was actually playing defense and running off ball so it's a lil different. Plus Harden has never played into June, that run all happened before March. Harden literally moves around at the slowest pace in the league amongst all players. Not making excuses for curry so much as slandering harden :lol:. Curry will bounce back game 5 but Klay will struggle with his hammy and no one else will really be effective, basically a repeat of game 3

You’re spitting that real today. Basically saying everything that I was going to say. That stat is misleading as hell.

I'm stunned, bros. Completely misjudged this series. Thought KD would be ready for G3, G4 at the latest. If he's not byke in Toronto Monday, series is over. Didn't think Raps would win either game at Oracle. That obviously changed when the medical staff went conservative and sat out Klay for G3. But still, the Dubs's G4 performance is that last thing I saw coming. Had them evening 2-2 for sure. Don't know what happened to Steph. Spazzed in G3 with no offensive help. Last night he looked hesitant and gun-shy offensively. 0-5 from downtown at one point. Got decent looks too, shots he normally makes from deep. Not many are pointing out the lackadaisical defense, which is just as important if not more so.

GSW became known for their vaunted third-quarter runs of dominance. They were -16 in the third last night. Changed the entire complexion of the game. Steph couldn't hit shots and Golden State's team defense couldn't or didn't get stops. To the same point, Dubs were -5 in the third quarter in G3. What happened to those 18-0 runs we became accustomed to seeing, like in G2?

Where the hell did that Ibaka performance come from? Man's turned back the clock to his OKC days. He was looking borderline unplayable in G2, TBH. Ibaka's help defense near and around the basketball has been an extremely crucial, series-turning impact for the Raps getting stops. Boy got eight blocks in the last two games alone. Plus, the offense is an added bonus. You're in trouble if Serge is gonna hit his pick-and-pop, PnR jumpers. Plus he finished some crafty baskets near the cup also.

I have to ask, are the Dubs supporters being overly hopeful? What have we seen through four games that indicates the GSW can win three in a row to flip the script. With two of those games in Toronto. With no assurance KD plays G5 or at all. Even with Thompson and Loon byke, what does Kerr have up his sleeve that can or will turn the tide Monday? Perhaps a small-ball, death lineup with Dray at the 5. Relegate "Boogie" to the bench for less minutes. But then Nurse probably just counters with Ibaka for Gasol. Maybe slow down the pace and limit possessions, but then again, that's not really GSW's offensive style of play. So now you're considering to play out of character. I don't have the answers, man. It doesn't look good unless we get some form of guarantee that Durant is a go for Monday. Even then, Kawhi been surgical with his 30+ points per game. I don't see him or the Toronto squad becoming complacent or dropping their guard. Dubs are gonna have to take this Finals away with sheer force and will. I don't know if Golden State has it in them after the G4 debacle on their home floor. Dray talked at length post-game after G3 that the Warriors would go three in a row, with or without Durant. Time to lock in and do what champions do. Team defense was absolutely not what I expected in the second half of G4. That's not how you defend your banner at Oracle. I give Klay and Loon major props for playing, and playing well given the injury circumstances.

People talking about Raptors ending a Dynasty. A finals loss does not end a dynasty. Dynasty’s do not have to be perfect in championship series.

I said it before G4, even if KD comes back in G5 (which ain't going to happen) it's too late.

I don't see the dubs taking this series, they've been outplayed every single quarter except for G2 third quarter and G4 1st quarter.

It's a wrap.

Back
Top Bottom