• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's cool bro. I respect your opinion. I could honestly elaborate more but I really don't care to change your mind :lol:

One more time tho... i'm not taking away from what Kerr has done and will do (win again). "Trash" is obviously me saying it in jest. He's overrated to me still doh. Like I ain't puttin the guy top 5 or whatever he's rated at, despite his success. I don't believe coaching is just as linearly as winning because he has flaws and there's dudes I believe could still win with this roster.
My apologies, that was harsh. I just think MDA system would be horrific for this roster.

My apologies, that was harsh. I just think MDA system would be horrific for this roster.
It would be, I agree. But I don't think it's black and white as him running an iso-heavy system for that team just because that's his MO now. Coaches adapt to their team. He runs that cause of Houston's personnel; he doesn't even really advocate for it personally :lol:. He ain't doin' that with GS. His biggest flaw would be adjustments but he's always put together top offenses with different personnels and this time he'd have even better defensive assistants and players to make up for his deficiency in that area

I mean Luke and Mike Brown pretty much proved it. Long as you stick to the script you're good. That's a compliment to Kerr, fool :lol:
If you argue results then someone could just say Luke did that with the W's and was underwhelming with the Lakers. Mike Brown is a trash head coach (good assistant) and got carried by Bron. Getting carried by the W's talent kinda adds to that. You can easily argue as devil's advocate and bring back the talent argument. I don't grade coaching based on winning and I don't see it as just "implementing a system"

Man y'all never be debating with nuance on here :lol: that's why ion really wanna elaborate. Gon be pointless

He's always been overrated to me. You think I'm saying this cause of one game? :lol:

And the first part doesn't really prove your point. Being able to win with Livingston, Jones, McKinnie, and Evans reflects more on GS having the most talented team than him being a good coach. Half those dudes shouldn't be playing and it worked out cause they played a vastly inferior team in the blazers.

And yes, Bud, Stevens, MDA would definitely get this team to the Finals. Like I said, I think theres like 10-15 coaches you could honestly put and they'd make the finals. If Kerr ever has to coach without the luxury of a roster this talented, it'll be extremely obvious.

Don't care to keep going back and forth tho. He deserves credit, he's just overrated and I think a lot of coaches could still win and I'm already critical of coaching for a lot of teams.

Why we keep using "no KD" as an excuse now tho? I don't get it. Y'all was saying they were better without him. Pick a side man

there's no denying that kerr has one of the most talented teams in history but the fact that he has trust in Looney, Jerebko, Livingston, and, McKinnie actually says a lot about his coaching philosophy. MDA wouldn't let them see the floor and would probably prefer steph/klay/dray play 43-45 minutes a game in the 1st round.

not to mention, you are completely overlooking the offense that kerr has created for the warriors. you don't see steph just dribbling for 21 seconds only to take a step back 3 or kick out to a cold shooter. that split action for steph and klay, the 1-4 PnR he runs with steph and dray, dray's slip screen...i dont think MDA is creating that for this roster.

and please find a quote of me saying that the warriors are better without KD. just because NT likes to have a narrative of warriors without KD > warriors with KD doesnt mean actual warriors' fans believe it

No shocking surprise here. Raptors looked like the better team all night.
They were getting alot of easy looks. While draymond was shooting fadeaways and missing shots.
East at the top was far better then the west, ish was obvious to anyone with half a brain.
Folks going to call this a hot take though :smh:

there's no denying that kerr has one of the most talented teams in history but the fact that he has trust in Looney, Jerebko, Livingston, and, McKinnie actually says a lot about his coaching philosophy. MDA wouldn't let them see the floor and would probably prefer steph/klay/dray play 43-45 minutes a game in the 1st round.

not to mention, you are completely overlooking the offense that kerr has created for the warriors. you don't see steph just dribbling for 21 seconds only to take a step back 3 or kick out to a cold shooter. that split action for steph and klay, the 1-4 PnR he runs with steph and dray, dray's slip screen...i dont think MDA is creating that for this roster.

and please find a quote of me saying that the warriors are better without KD. just because NT likes to have a narrative of warriors without KD > warriors with KD doesnt mean actual warriors' fans believe it
the fact that he gets away with playing jacob evans and damian jones and starting jordan bell is also an insult to how much more talented they are than portland :lol: and it didn't work in game 1. but they can afford to do things like that BECAUSE of their talent.

and i'm not overlooking the offense. i also made a post about "MDA's offense" already. why do y'all think he would run an iso offense with them :lol: it's personnel. you think a side pick and roll with steph and dray is exclusive to kerr? :lol:

fam, whether it's you or not, y'all were spouting off that "31-1 without KD" nonsense for weeks :lol: my bad if it ain't you

If you argue results then someone could just say Luke did that with the W's and was underwhelming with the Lakers. Mike Brown is a trash head coach (good assistant) and got carried by Bron. Getting carried by the W's talent kinda adds to that. You can easily argue as devil's advocate and bring back the talent argument. I don't grade coaching based on winning and I don't see it as just "implementing a system"

Man y'all never be debating with nuance on here :lol: that's why ion really wanna elaborate. Gon be pointless
Those coaches had success with gsw because the system is in place. (Kerr)

If you take everything that Kerr has installed and remove it as if it never was, this team is back to being eliminated in the West semis (without kd of course)

Coaching is more than implementing a system and Kerr is good at just about every aspect of it except rotations. Luke was supposed to implement the warriors system and didn't come anywhere near close to it

Those coaches had success with gsw because the system is in place. (Kerr)

If you take everything that Kerr has installed and remove it as if it never was, this team is back to being eliminated in the West semis (without kd of course)

i'm not even saying you gotta run the exact same system by just replacing the coach. again... coaching matters. big proponent of it, always have been. i watch stuff like that more closely than ever now. but talent wins out. there are coaches who can install with what they need to install based on personnel. and in my opinion, they'd win with it.. if they had this roster.

you are entitled to your opinion tho. it's all hypothetical and we won't get to see his true "coaching prowess" unless he loses this talent anyways

Back
Top Bottom