[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it did more harm than good for miami's defense honestly. Tp is not gonna go 1v1 with lebron unless it's the open court and he can score on anyone in the open court. Otherwise he is gonna run him off screens which forces the d to collapse on duncan leaving shooters open. On that last circus shot the spurs waited too long to start the action, you could see pop trying to hurry them up on the sideline otherwise they would've had a better look but lucky for them the shot fell.

I think lebron's defense is being exposed this series specifically his lateral quickness. Paul george broke him off numerous times and kawahi was able to blow past him. His size and quickness help him guard smaller players but he struggles to stay with guys his height that are a little weaker but with quicker feet

I think he kinda lets em off and expects help defense. I do it all the time. >D

Come to think of it, OKC did somewhat slow down TP last year right? I know they had Thabo check him most of the time, but was there a specific change to their defensive scheme that allowed them to slow him down?

Come to think of it, OKC did somewhat slow down TP last year right? I know they had Thabo check him most of the time, but was there a specific change to their defensive scheme that allowed them to slow him down?

That and russ who's a ball of energy.

That and russ who's a ball of energy.

True. They do have their problems with faster/more athletic teams. I'd really like to see how MIA adjusts their schemes in the next game.

Rodman :rofl: :rofl: skip to 2:10

He sounds like he wants to see Miami in the park ASAP.

"It's really not a comparison. If LeBron was playing in the late '80s and early '90s, he would be just an average player," Rodman said Friday on "The Dan Patrick Show." "To do what Michael has done ... what he did was more charisma, there was more articulating and stuff like that. LeBron is more like ... there's no flash to his game. He's a great player, don't get me wrong, he's a hell of player, I'll give him that. But to me Scottie (Pippen) and Michael are probably the two best one-two punches I've ever seen.

Rodman believes his best Bulls team would easily defeat James' Heat.

It would be no contest. The Heat has better talent than we had, but we had smarter players," Rodman said. "That's the only thing we had, smarter players. ... I would take Bosh out of his damn game easy. That's not even a problem. And how would Dwyane Wade match up with Scottie Pippen? Really? And Scottie Pippen would guard LeBron easy. And how are you going to cover those two guys (Jordan and Pippen)?"

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/9353089/dennis-rodman-says-lebron-james-average-played-90s

But what are they gonna do with tony Parker?
Parker has elevated his game and is making very calculated moves with the rock.
He knows what he wants to do before the defense is even set.
They are going to have to pick him up at 3/4 court and not let him have as many options with the ball.
Chalmers and Cole pressuring the ball all the way down the court will slow him down some.
Parkers in a zone so nothing is a guaranteed plan to slow him down.
Gonna have to give him multiple looks on defense to maybe throw his timing off as well.

Like I said in the first place 2011 lebron and 2013 lebron ISN'T night and day. He might avg .5 rebounds more and isn't shying away from last second shots but that's it. His surrounding cast is a different story, D. Wade better be on his A game this series or the chatter will get louder

The chatter is getting louder

If Miami puts Bron on Parker, the spurs are going to run him thru multiple picks and push the ball with Parker ever chance they get. Bron will be begging for the Spo to take him out the game again.

If Miami puts Bron on Parker, the spurs are going to run him thru multiple picks and push the ball with Parker ever chance they get. Bron will be begging for the Spo to take him out the game again.
They aren't putting Bron on Parker for an entire game. He scored 21 points, it's not like they did a bad job vs Parker and he burned them for 40.

All they need to do is stick with the formula they had in Game 1 and possibly trap a bit harder, but make sure they aren't falling asleep on the weakside. Parker got buckets early, but they were contested. They did a great job showing high, but the problem was with the 2 man game with Parker/Duncan (without doubling). Outside of that they played good defense, less aggressive than game 7 vs Indy, good nonetheless though.

The hell they need to put Bron on Parker for an entire game after a 21 point night for?

Talk about doom and gloom. :lol: :smh:

Edit - Diaw/Green were checking Bron when Kawhi was out, I almost died laughing at Bron not taking advantage of that. I'm sure that'll change next game.

Last edited:
Smarts + athleticism will beat freakish athleticism Every. Single. Time.

Rodman knows. :smokin

G2 is a must win for Miami.

Spurs go up 2-0 it's a wrap .

Anyone else think its 3-2 spurs going back to Mia? That's how I see it playing out.

Waaaaay to early for the broom talk. Wouldn't be surprised if Riley's coaching the next game from the stands! LOL

Miami's way too good for a sweep, and this is coming from someone who wants the Spurs to convincingly take out the Heat...

But what are they gonna do with tony Parker?
:lol: The guy had 21 points. Not 30, not 40.

Twenty-One, which is less than what he was averaging coming into the series.

MIA's problems were on offense. Only Jordan, Iverson & the Logo have a higher playoff PPG than Bron.

Bron finished with 18 points on 44% shooting. A whopping 10 below his average. Wade scored zero in the fourth. The team only mustered 36 in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom