[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Honestly, that game was officiated about as perfectly as possible. I'm sure neither side had any complaints.

I don't think Chris Bosh setting up for those 3's is a big deal, because it's just the same thing he does the rest of the game, just a few steps back.

I think the real issue is that's all he's used as - a spot-up jump shooter. He just sets up in one of five different spots, waits to catch a pass, and launches if he gets one. If not, he's completely uninvolved. He's become as important to this team as Mario Chalmers.

I know Chris Bosh has always been known as a face-up jump-shooter, but he has more to his game than just standing in one spot and releasing a shot.

And I realize the Heat have two other stars, but there has to be a better way for them to use a player as talented as Bosh, other than the SAME way as Udonis Haslem just with more touches and minutes. Especially with Dwyane Wade basically fading.
I didn't see any of 2011 Lebron in last night's Lebron.

He only had 18 points and didn't seem in full attack mode, but he wasn't scared or disengaged. Those games in 2011, especially Game 5, were pitiful and embarassing efforts. That Lebron is long gone. He was still active, scary, and making an impact; just not scoring. Probably more due to strategy than anything mental.

I did see some of 2011 Lebron in some other players though.
Both of these posts were spot-on.

[quote name="Antidope"]People jsut dont keep it simple and real and just eat oreos?[/quote]YES!!! I just didn't mention them earlier because it seemed like it was 'home made' type talk. But Oreos begins and ends the discussion for me. And I like all the different types... Birthday Cake, peanut butter, mint, Double Stuf... but you get me just a plain package of Oreos, and I might marry you.

Last edited:
[quote name="dreClark"]Can anyone recap the game? Missed 98% of the action[/quote]- Heat controlled tempo for 3.5 quarters, lead the whole time
- TP took over last few minutes
- Are you eating a red velvet & white chocolate chip cookie? No? Life: you're doing it wrong.

TP played MVP ball last night, can't hate. Dude came up with a clutch shot to beat the buzzer. As much as some want to call that luck, he had the awareness and guts to shoot that with Lebron in the vicinity. He also had 0 turnovers if I recall correctly? and Spurs only had 4 for the entire game :smh:. As much as I want to see Lebron get his 2nd, I don't see it happening unless he outplays TP. Lebron HAS to be the best superstar in this series. Dirk outplayed him in 2011, Lebron outplayed KD last season, we'll see what happens this series. DWade played well, Bosh not so much. If Bosh has Tiago 1 on 1, i'd like to see Miami go iso and let Bosh create for himself. Also, the Spurs are daring Lebron to shoot...let's see how he adjusts to that in game 2.

Nice little stat on TD:

Chau: Tim Duncan is now 5-0 in Finals Game 1s. Looking at the raw data, his Game 1 performances are generally his best in the series. Last night’s numbers look a little pedestrian in comparison to his monster outings in 1999 and 2003, but that doesn’t take into account the disparity in minutes. He played 44 minutes in those two games; he definitely did not last night. In fact, if you take the averages of his four previous Finals Game 1s and adjust the figures to reflect 36 minutes of play — which, conveniently, is the amount of time Duncan played last night — Duncan’s 37-year-old self would fit right in with the pantheon of past Tim Duncans.

His per-36 averages in Finals Game 1s from 1999 to 2007: 24.1 points on 58 percent shooting, 14.1 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 1.5 steals, 3.4 blocks.

Last night: 20 points on 42 percent shooting, 14 rebounds, 4 assists, 0 steals, 3 blocks.

Tim Duncan's consistency is inhuman.

^^ insane stats :x

Consensus: How did everyone feel about lebron on Parker for that little amount of time. I would've like to seen that more throughout the game

Other than lebron scoring 18 points you're not gonna get a better game from Miami. They had everyone involved and tried to have lebron and wade on the floor in the end of the 4th with snipers on the wing. Bosh has an identity crisis and makes himself one of those snipers too to no avail. Then you got wade giving the fatigue excuse smh. San An came to Miami and handled business in black. Spurs in 5 and now it doesn't sound as crazy as it did 3 days ago

That's a pretty big "other" though, no?

And are y'all really about to make a big deal about Bron asking for Spo to get him a rest?

Last edited:
Consensus: How did everyone feel about lebron on Parker for that little amount of time. I would've like to seen that more throughout the game

I think if you put LBJ on Parker any more than that, and he's going to get extra gassed. TP doesn't just stand at the top of the key and dribble around or dominate the ball like a Derrick Rose. TP is one of the best cutters in the league, he's always moving, always coming off screens, always coming off PnRs. It's an exhausting job. Not worth it IMO.

All i know is that game two is a must win IMO for the heat. Because if this team goes down 2-0 going into San Antonio.... I guarantee flashes of the OLD Lebron will appear.

The heat are use to being the bully they were CLEARLY that against the young Thunder, They go down next game the spurs are taking this in 5.

Nice little stat on TD:
"The Big Fundamental" He's not flashy in the least but boy does he get the job done. I think we are gonna see 6 or 7 games like last night which are games decided in the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter. You are gonna need a big lead to be safe ending the 4th. That last play by Parker was amazing! All they needed was Sweet Georgia Brown playing over the speaker system. I watched the replay 5-6 times before I could actually tell if it left his hands in time.

I think if you put LBJ on Parker any more than that, and he's going to get extra gassed. TP doesn't just stand at the top of the key and dribble around or dominate the ball like a Derrick Rose. TP is one of the best cutters in the league, he's always moving, always coming off screens, always coming off PnRs. It's an exhausting job. Not worth it IMO.

I know but that's their best option at this point because I don't think TP is slowing down anytime soon. I don't think the heat have a chance with Cole or Chalmers on him. Those traps didnt look like they could slow him down either

All i know is that game two is a must win IMO for the heat. Because if this team goes down 2-0 going into San Antonio.... I guarantee flashes of the OLD Lebron will appear.

The heat are use to being the bully they were CLEARLY that against the young Thunder, They go down next game the spurs are taking this in 5.

^^ !!!!! Maybe 4?.. No No, too early for broom talk :nerd:

I know but that's their best option at this point because I don't think TP is slowing down anytime soon. I don't think the heat have a chance with Cole or Chalmers on him. Those traps didnt look like they could slow him down either
ill take that defense on Parker last night. It was pretty consistent until the 4th, the problem was more with Wade falling asleep on Green and Manu from deep. Also, not sending the double when Duncan put the ball on the floor. I didn't see much wrong with how Parker was defended. Chalmers wasn't too bad and Cole did an excellent job on him throughout the game. People pressing the panic button for the Heat must've watched a different game.

Don't quite understand the lineup to end the game's timing. That lineup should've boosted the lead, but that's minor. Don't turn the ball over late and move the ball, getting Bosh closer to the rim -- simple adjustments.

Last edited:
@JMcDonald_SAEN Kawhi Leonard is so young, he says he doesn't really remember Michael Jordan playing in the Finals. His first Finals memories are of Kobe.
tired.gif

ill take that defense on Parker last night. It was pretty consistent until the 4th, the problem was more with Wade falling asleep on Green and Manu from deep. Also, not sending the double when Duncan put the ball on the floor. I didn't see much wrong with how Parker was defended. Chalmers wasn't too bad and Cole did an excellent job on him throughout the game. People pressing the panic button for the Heat must've watched a different game.

Don't quite understand the lineup to end the game's timing. That lineup should've boosted the lead, but that's minor. Don't turn the ball over late and move the ball, getting Bosh closer to the rim -- simple adjustments.

Good points made. I didn't understand why bosh last night tried force himself at the 3? I'm assuming that with him hitting those previously in the season and probably hitting them consistently at practice that bosh wanted to assume the responsibility throughout the game of having the ball outside the paint more but for whatever reason they weren't clicking consistently. Miami must make adjustments and I expect lebron to be at the focal point

San Antonio will most likely make adjustments as well. Lebron will be ready more ready to attack the rim this next game. They shouldn't concern themselves with stopping lebron's scoring but more so the ball movement to those key role players like battier or Allen. Lebron can get his 33-34 point game performance but without limited involvement from the others Miami will look a little stagnant. Lebron will have to find the perfect balance of scoring and facilitating which is what I think he was aiming for last night but his supporting cast came up a little short.

Last edited:
So after watching the game last night, you can confidently say that the heat are going to win 4 games in a row?

Oh okay.

The Spurs defense didn't have anything to do with LeBron only scoring 18pts.
If they were forcing him to take bad shots and make bad decisions, then there should be concern in the Heat locker room.
LeBron shot 7-16, 1-5 from the three point line.
That's 54% (6-11) inside the three point line. That's pretty efficient if you ask me.
Once LeBron makes his adjustments let's see how the Spurs and their magnificent coach stop him.

The Spurs defense didn't have anything to do with LeBron only scoring 18pts.
If they were forcing him to take bad shots and make bad decisions, then there should be concern in the Heat locker room.
LeBron shot 7-16, 1-5 from the three point line.
That's 54% (6-11) inside the three point line. That's pretty efficient if you ask me.
Once LeBron makes his adjustments let's see how the Spurs and their magnificent coach stop him.

But what are they gonna do with tony Parker?

They are going to do their best to contain Tony Parker in game 2, but that's going to leave someone else open. So expect someone other than TP to have a big game 2.

But what are they gonna do with tony Parker?

Kenny mentioned last night forcing him to be a passer and not a scorer. Easier said than done, of course, but that could be something they try.

Make the others make shots, and if they do, tip cap and move on.
In a way, didn't the Spurs try to keep Bron passing instead of scoring? Same line of thinking.

^^ insane stats :x

I think it did more harm than good for miami's defense honestly. Tp is not gonna go 1v1 with lebron unless it's the open court and he can score on anyone in the open court. Otherwise he is gonna run him off screens which forces the d to collapse on duncan leaving shooters open. On that last circus shot the spurs waited too long to start the action, you could see pop trying to hurry them up on the sideline otherwise they would've had a better look but lucky for them the shot fell. Danny green was wiiiide open because they had to double timmy they just didn't have enough time to swing it to him.

I think lebron's defense is being exposed this series specifically his lateral quickness. Paul george broke him off numerous times and kawahi was able to blow past him. His size and quickness help him guard smaller players but he struggles to stay with guys his height that are a little weaker but with quicker feet

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom