[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, Shaq DOMINATED the Finals against non-existent front court of 76'ers, and Kobe took a step back letting Shaq dominate them.

They give the Finals MVP award based on contribution in the Finals only, not throughout the playoffs, where Kobe was the obvious MVP.

now go ahead and tell me that Shaq didn't need Kobe and Kobe didn't need Shaq. They were equal easily.
LOL Shaq only needed another 20ppg scorer. Insert Mcgrady, Vince, Ray, or AI and you still have a 3 peat bro.
You mean like when he had 20 PPG scorer and 1st team All-NBA Penny and didn't win anything?

I could just as easily say give Kobe another All-NBA caliber big and the Lakers threepeat too
Well, those Lakers teams were better than the Magic. Let's not forget cold-blooded Robert Horry and cold-blooded Derek Fisher. Also, Shaq was at his prime with the Lakers, not Orlando. Also, the last title has an asterisk over it, because of Game 6 against the Kings. That's really only 2 legit titles.
game 6

• lakers shot 40 free throws
• kings shot 25 free throws
• kings intentionally foul lakers 3 times at the end of game because they were losing. that means 6 free throws were shot by the lakers because the kings had to put them on the line in order to get the ball back
• that means the real free throw total was 25 to 34 which is +9 for the lakers.

game 5

• 23 for the lakers
• 33 for the kings.
• that is +10 for the kings
• shaq shot 1 free throw

game 6 was fixed though.

kobe-shrug.jpg

Between 03-07 McGrady blew a 3-1 lead to Detroit in 03 after his infamous "I finally know how it feels to reach the 2nd round" statement.

Won about 18 games with a team that was on the same level as the smush kwame lakers in 04

Blew a 2-0 lead to Dallas in 05 while losing game 7 by 40

Blew a 2-0 and then a 3-2 lead to Utah in 07 in a series the rockets had home court advantage in.

Lost to Utah again in 08 in a series his team had home court advantage in once again.

That's all between 03-08. His team missed the playoffs in 2006

oh yeah those rockets teams were so deep and so talented.

across those teams had the likes of bob sura, david wesley, scott padgett, ryan bowen, juwann howard, mike james, luther head, rafer alston, kirk snyder, bonzi wells.

can't believe with the quality of those role players that the rockets didn't have more success.

:stoneface:

So wait, we arent going mention All- NBA center Yao Ming!

I can't recall right now, but I'll assume he got injured or something and leave it at that

Of all the years, that one :lol: ? That was the Rockets best year with him in terms of success, and that really should've been a championship year, such a very well built team. Both that team and series with the Lakers gave me the feels. The year before is when that roster was loaded full of :x :x

Lebron said his shot when the Heat were already up by at least 2 points was an MJ Moment :rofl:

Even xpopocatepl, who loves James more than James loves himself, was not making MJ comparisons like that :smh:

Lebron said his shot when the Heat were already up by at least 2 points was an MJ Moment :rofl:

Even xpopocatepl, who loves James more than James loves himself, was not making MJ comparisons like that :smh:
He said it was his MJ moment. Not A mj moment don't twist the words around

I mean it was a pretty big shot to ice the game. Game 7, NBA Finals.. pretty big shot.
But MJ will always have THE big shots. :lol:

I mean it was a pretty big shot to ice the game. Game 7, NBA Finals.. pretty big shot.
But MJ will always have THE big shots. :lol:

it was a big shot but that in no way is an MJ moment

Ray Allen had an MJ moment but I don't see him bragging about.

He is correct in calling it a Lebron moment though. A moment that is overrated beyond measure.

Reading is fundamental, here is the proper context of LeBron's comment

During a rare rest in the second week of the Finals, James was lounging in his hotel room at the Westin La Cantera Hill Country Resort in San Antonio when Game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals came on ESPN Classic. He watched until Michael Jordan held the pose on his last [jumper] in Utah.

Before Game 7, Miami assistant David Fizdale showed James cut-ups of the San Antonio defense leaving him alone near the free-throw line. Then coaches underlined his sterling percentages in that area this season. “Even the best have self-doubt at times when what they’re doing isn’t working,” James says. “You need a reminder.” He does not study hot zones, but he does watch old tapes. He found one that was taken last summer in his high-school gym, at St. Vincent-St. Mary, when he was burnishing his J. “Why would you abandon this thing that’s helped make you what you are?” James asked himself. “Stop second-guessing yourself. Go do it. Make it happen.”

James uncorked 20 shots outside the paint in Game 7, the most since he arrived in South Florida three years ago. He drained nine, including five three-pointers. But with 33 seconds left, Miami was only up by two, and James bounced the ball on the blazing Heat logo at midcourt. He was back in the ring of fire. With the floor expertly spaced by Spoelstra, guard Mario Chalmers darted up from the post to set a screen on Leonard at the left elbow, and James bounded around it. Parker switched onto him, but James planted his left shoulder into Parker’s chest, sending him stumbling backward. Leonard recovered, tossing out a hand to contest, but James did not hesitate. He pulled up from 20 feet, easy as an August afternoon at St. V, with the same result. “I know it wasn’t the magnitude of MJ hitting that shot in ’98, but I definitely thought about him,” James said. “It was an MJ moment.” He paused as a turn of phrase came to mind. “It was an LJ moment.”

:lol: @ even REMOTELY thinking that every 'MJ shot' was like Ray Allen's

Bron's shot was TOUGH.

Period.

The Heat HAD to score to keep the lead. Heat don't score, Spurs get a deuce: overtime.

Heat don't score, spurs hit a 3: championship #5.

The defense sagged, he rose... and did what people like you (knight and ACB) consistently say he won't/can't do: hit the shot his team needed.

He misses that shot: you crucify him for being unclutch.

He passes, teammate makes it: "Bailed out again."

There is literally NO WAY he can do the right thing for some of you. Just stuck on your negative perception.

Reading is fundamental, here is the proper context of LeBron's comment

During a rare rest in the second week of the Finals, James was lounging in his hotel room at the Westin La Cantera Hill Country Resort in San Antonio when Game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals came on ESPN Classic. He watched until Michael Jordan held the pose on his last [jumper] in Utah.

Before Game 7, Miami assistant David Fizdale showed James cut-ups of the San Antonio defense leaving him alone near the free-throw line. Then coaches underlined his sterling percentages in that area this season. “Even the best have self-doubt at times when what they’re doing isn’t working,” James says. “You need a reminder.” He does not study hot zones, but he does watch old tapes. He found one that was taken last summer in his high-school gym, at St. Vincent-St. Mary, when he was burnishing his J. “Why would you abandon this thing that’s helped make you what you are?” James asked himself. “Stop second-guessing yourself. Go do it. Make it happen.”

James uncorked 20 shots outside the paint in Game 7, the most since he arrived in South Florida three years ago. He drained nine, including five three-pointers. But with 33 seconds left, Miami was only up by two, and James bounced the ball on the blazing Heat logo at midcourt. He was back in the ring of fire. With the floor expertly spaced by Spoelstra, guard Mario Chalmers darted up from the post to set a screen on Leonard at the left elbow, and James bounded around it. Parker switched onto him, but James planted his left shoulder into Parker’s chest, sending him stumbling backward. Leonard recovered, tossing out a hand to contest, but James did not hesitate. He pulled up from 20 feet, easy as an August afternoon at St. V, with the same result. “I know it wasn’t the magnitude of MJ hitting that shot in ’98, but I definitely thought about him,” James said. “It was an MJ moment.” He paused as a turn of phrase came to mind. “It was an LJ moment.”

I don't understand what you mean. He said it was an MJ moment. It came from his mouth. It is even in your own quote :smh:

:lol: @ even REMOTELY thinking that every 'MJ shot' was like Ray Allen's

Bron's shot was TOUGH.

Period.

The Heat HAD to score to keep the lead. Heat don't score, Spurs get a deuce: overtime.

Heat don't score, spurs hit a 3: championship #5.

The defense sagged, he rose... and did what people like you (knight and ACB) consistently say he won't/can't do: hit the shot his team needed.

He misses that shot: you crucify him for being unclutch.

He passes, teammate makes it: "Bailed out again."

There is literally NO WAY he can do the right thing for some of you. Just stuck on your negative perception.

He hit a big shot. I already said that. But that was not an MJ moment. That is exaggerating even within the context of the game. Even he does not hit that shot the Heat still win. The Spurs were done by that point. Everyone knew that. Even his 3 pointer in game 6 was a bigger shot than that jumper.

Why are you so worked up about a man tho?

Why are you so worked up about my hating?

you are a grown man...look at yourself in the mirror...is it worth it to question someone that is taking shots at Lebron?

It is kind of suspect that there are a lot of players that get hated on yet dudes mostly get defensive when the hating is towards Lebron

On thing suspect is You. Every other word that comes out of your mouth is Lebron...

Why are you so worked up about a man tho?

Why are you so worked up about my hating?

you are a grown man...look at yourself in the mirror...is it worth it to question someone that is taking shots at Lebron?

It is kind of suspect that there are a lot of players that get hated on yet dudes mostly get defensive when the hating is towards Lebron

yo did lebron bang your mom, grandma, and sister. because that's the only justifiable reason to hate on another man like this

Back
Top Bottom