[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, Shaq DOMINATED the Finals against non-existent front court of 76'ers, and Kobe took a step back letting Shaq dominate them.

They give the Finals MVP award based on contribution in the Finals only, not throughout the playoffs, where Kobe was the obvious MVP.

now go ahead and tell me that Shaq didn't need Kobe and Kobe didn't need Shaq. They were equal easily.
LOL Shaq only needed another 20ppg scorer. Insert Mcgrady, Vince, Ray, or AI and you still have a 3 peat bro.
You mean like when he had 20 PPG scorer and 1st team All-NBA Penny and didn't win anything?

I could just as easily say give Kobe another All-NBA caliber big and the Lakers threepeat too
Well, those Lakers teams were better than the Magic. Let's not forget cold-blooded Robert Horry and cold-blooded Derek Fisher. Also, Shaq was at his prime with the Lakers, not Orlando. Also, the last title has an asterisk over it, because of Game 6 against the Kings. That's really only 2 legit titles.

Last edited:
yall post that gif for Jordan and the gif breaks. You'd see all sorts of crazy angles shooting all over the court. I'm an objective fan of basketball. I can say I really respect what Lebron does, but he has a hole in his game and that is being a dangerous shooter.

You also cant discredit the fact that he has 2 other superstars....that had to be reduced for it to work. Case and point, I don't think he'll ever really be forced to be as dangerous of a shooter as MJ. but that doesnt mean MJ wasnt clearly a better shooter. and he was

How would you guard LeBron then? You realize he carved up OKC, Indiana, Boston, Lakers, Chicago, San Antonio, etc all in the past 2 years?

Also for context please name your favorite player (you can copy paste Kobe Bryant to make it easier).

Why can't Kobe fans appreciate LeBron? It seems like the same Kobe fans who hate the fact that MJ fans won't give Kobe credit are now the ones hating on LeBron.

Yeah he has been carving up teams cause he can play 1 on 1 or has open jumpers most of the time due to his shooters. HE SHOULD BE carving up teams. He really did not start carving up the Spurs until Shane started coming alive. When his shooters struggle he plays like trash on the offensive end.

I gotta give props to Wade cause dude does his thing even when the shooters are struggling.

I don't really care if MJ fans don't give credit to Kobe. I am also an MJ fan and consider MJ to be far superior to Bryant. Kobe fans are not the only fans that hate Lebron. There are plenty of Kobe haters that also hate Lebron.

This happens with every player. There is no player that is universally loved. That is just how it is. People need to learn to accept that.

Nope Tracy played defense and was clutch.  Vince was clutch and Ai was clutch. AND YOU ACT AS IF KOBE WAS GUARDING SUPREME SCORERS DURING THAT TIME. He BARELY GUARDED AI, REGGIE OR JALEN OR LOL WAIT FOR IT......KERRY KITTLES LOL.

Come on now bro be real.

Nah you're the dude who need to be real and go back and watch the tape. He frequently was asked to check AI, JKIDD and crafty guy like Damon Stoudemire, Mike Bibby etc when Lakers need a stop.

Tmac, VC, AI etc never have such discipline on defense. Kobe can guard 1-3. How could 5'11 AI guard anyone bigger than 6'3? Tmac and VC doesn't have the quickness to guard quick 1. They were never known to be lock down defender anyway.

lol Penny was a versatile 20, 25 ppg player who play on both end yet couldn't win with Shaq. What make you think lazy defender like AI, Tmac or VC can win 3 peat with Shaq? Can you ask AI to lock down anyone? lol smh

VC is soft, no handle and TMac is a known choker. Good luck getting 3 peat with those dudes.

Yes, Shaq DOMINATED the Finals against non-existent front court of 76'ers, and Kobe took a step back letting Shaq dominate them.

They give the Finals MVP award based on contribution in the Finals only, not throughout the playoffs, where Kobe was the obvious MVP.

now go ahead and tell me that Shaq didn't need Kobe and Kobe didn't need Shaq. They were equal easily.
LOL Shaq only needed another 20ppg scorer. Insert Mcgrady, Vince, Ray, or AI and you still have a 3 peat bro.

You mean like when he had 20 PPG scorer and 1st team All-NBA Penny and didn't win anything?

I could just as easily say give Kobe another All-NBA caliber big and the Lakers threepeat too

Well he did go to 3 straight finals once he got a healthy big who could score consistently in the paint in Gasol, and people forget before Bynum got hurt and Pau arrived we were one of the best teams in the league that year.

A healthy Kobe and a healthy quality big = instant contender , he don't need no dam 2 other franchise players and the greatest shooter in NBA history coming off the bench to get it done.

What Shaq and Kobe had were truly special , Shaq tried to duplicate it in Mia and had some success but clearly it wasnt as potent. Bean couldn't duplicate it either but he definitely got closer winning 2/3 chips after Shaq left.

Well, those Lakers teams were better than the Magic. Let's not forget cold-blooded Robert Horry and cold-blooded Derek Fisher. Also, Shaq was at his prime with the Lakers, not Orlando. Also, the last title has an asterisk over it, because of Game 6 against the Kings. That's really only 2 legit titles.

Right. Heat got two * on both their title.

why do the heat have a * on their titles? did a ref come out and openly admit to fixing their games? because that did happen to the lakers, whether you want to admit it or not.

why do the heat have a * on their titles? did a ref come out and openly admit to fixing their games? because that did happen to the lakers, whether you want to admit it or not.

2006 ring a bell? I remember Wade had more freethrow than the entire Mavs team combined.

And regard Tim Donaghy, he just want to stick it to Stern. Who know how many other current or ex refs are guilty? If there were fixing involved. The Lakers is definitely not the only benefiting team out there.

So a team that went 15-4 in the playoffs has a * next to their title.

Comical how the lakers getting shafted in game 5 of that series gets overlooked.

Sacramento shot more free throws then the lakers that series, and that's even after you factor in how many times they intentionally fouled Shaq. The final minute of game 6 was loaded with intentional fouls by the kings to slow the game up. Did the Lakers benifit from some questionable calls in game 6? Yes, but watch the final minute of game 5 because people convientely forget how the lakers got screwed in that game.

All that said, Sacramento blew a 24 point lead with a chance to go up 3-1 with 2 of the potential final 3 games at home. Unacceptable on a stage like that.

Sacramento had game 7 on their home court and them being the mental midgets they were proceeded to go 16 for 30 from the free throw line on their own home court.

That whole 2002 * talk is ******ed, just like its stupid when people pull the same crap with the heat in 2006 and this past season.

i'm not saying there should be an * on any titles. i mentioned it because i figured he was going to claim the league was fixed for the heat to win. troll backfire, if you will.

Lol fair enough. Its been so many people around my way trying to discredit the heats title this year, even though I'm by no means a fan of them I found it silly on their part.

No basketball til October tho. That sucks

Lol fair enough. Its been so many people around my way trying to discredit the heats title this year, even though I'm by no means a fan of them I found it silly on their part.

No basketball til October tho. That sucks

people will always try and discredit titles. i still have to hear about how if jordan didn't retire, the rockets wouldn't have won back to back. as if jordan didn't come back during the second season, and got bounced in the playoffs by the magic who then got swept by the rockets :smh:

Exactly .this is FACTS the ref admitted selling the game smh.im a kobe fan and i approve this message.

Nah you're the dude who need to be real and go back and watch the tape. He frequently was asked to check AI, JKIDD and crafty guy like Damon Stoudemire, Mike Bibby etc when Lakers need a stop.

Tmac, VC, AI etc never have such discipline on defense. Kobe can guard 1-3. How could 5'11 AI guard anyone bigger than 6'3? Tmac and VC doesn't have the quickness to guard quick 1. They were never known to be lock down defender anyway.

lol Penny was a versatile 20, 25 ppg player who play on both end yet couldn't win with Shaq. What make you think lazy defender like AI, Tmac or VC can win 3 peat with Shaq? Can you ask AI to lock down anyone? lol smh

VC is soft, no handle and TMac is a known choker. Good luck getting 3 peat with those dudes.
WHAT? T mac guarded WHOMEVER THEY TOLD HIM TO GUARD. You probably don't remember him guarding Dirk do you?

Like I said, kobe BARELY GUARDED THE TOP OFFENSIVE GUY DURING THE FINALS BRO. DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAMES? And those Orlando teams with Shaq and Penny were decent, but they didn't have a balanced roster like the Lakers of 00-02. Put Penny on 00-02 Lakers and they 3 peat. He could score AND PASS AND HE PLAYED D.

When did T mac ever choke? Now you just spewing hate.

Exactly .this is FACTS the ref admitted selling the game smh.im a kobe fan and i approve this message.

How credible do you really think Tim Donaghy really is though?

If they wanted to rig that series for the lakers for finals ratings then the lakers never get screwed over in one of the most poorly officiated games ever in game 5 of that series. Lakers up 3-2 going home to close it out would be more favorable for their rigging agenda rather then having risk a nets kings series by them having to win a game 7 in Sacramento.

Like i said. I doubt The credibility of everything Tim Donaghy says. He has his own agenda at the end of the day

WHAT? T mac guarded WHOMEVER THEY TOLD HIM TO GUARD. You probably don't remember him guarding Dirk do you?

Like I said, kobe BARELY GUARDED THE TOP OFFENSIVE GUY DURING THE FINALS BRO. DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAMES? And those Orlando teams with Shaq and Penny were decent, but they didn't have a balanced roster like the Lakers of 00-02. Put Penny on 00-02 Lakers and they 3 peat. He could score AND PASS AND HE PLAYED D.

When did T mac ever choke? Now you just spewing hate.

Between 03-07 McGrady blew a 3-1 lead to Detroit in 03 after his infamous "I finally know how it feels to reach the 2nd round" statement.

Won about 18 games with a team that was on the same level as the smush kwame lakers in 04

Blew a 2-0 lead to Dallas in 05 while losing game 7 by 40

Blew a 2-0 and then a 3-2 lead to Utah in 07 in a series the rockets had home court advantage in.

Lost to Utah again in 08 in a series his team had home court advantage in once again.

That's all between 03-08. His team missed the playoffs in 2006

How were those Magic teams not good and balanced?

They had Shaq,Penny,Anderson, Horace Grant, Dennis Scott and serviceable Scott Skiles, that's comparable to the Lakers supporting cast

Between 03-07 McGrady blew a 3-1 lead to Detroit in 03 after his infamous "I finally know how it feels to reach the 2nd round" statement.

Won about 18 games with a team that was on the same level as the smush kwame lakers in 04

Blew a 2-0 and then a 3-2 lead to Utah in 07 in a series the rockets had home court advantage in.

Lost to Utah again in 08 in a series his team had home court advantage in once again.

He blew it or DID HIS TEAM BLOW IT? Be serious.  His teams were TERRIBLE....... TERRIBLE and never healthy(him included).

He didn't lead his team to victory as a main guy and leader should. He hit that game winner against Dallas in game 2 in 05 then went ghost the rest of the way. When I get I a computer ill post some stats but his numbers in most those playoff series mentioned weren't nothing to brag about from what I remember.

Bron had one elite game out of 7 and y'all make a gif. Just be happy as **** he was give the opprotunity after being a random player for most of the first 6

Top 10? Yes

An elite player who disappears inexplicably at times and looks shook. Yes. And that's fine. But when u hear comparisons to MJ and Ali it gets annoying. Not his fault in any away except for the chosen one garbage

U can just as easily make a gif of his misses againt diaw

Last edited:
He didn't lead his team to victory as a main guy and leader should. He hit that game winner against Dallas in game 2 in 05 then went ghost the rest of the way. When I get I a computer ill post some stats but his numbers in most those playoff series mentioned weren't nothing to brag about from what I remember.

His numbers in the playoffs were outstanding. Historical even.

oh yeah those rockets teams were so deep and so talented.

across those teams had the likes of bob sura, david wesley, scott padgett, ryan bowen, juwann howard, mike james, luther head, rafer alston, kirk snyder, bonzi wells.

can't believe with the quality of those role players that the rockets didn't have more success.

:stoneface:

I hate the mere mention of all those names other than Alston & James. And Juwann (sort of :rolleyes)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom