[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Y'all mentioning Steve Francis? Really?

Shaq had Penny and they never won anything, and he was putting in WORK. Way better than Prime Francis. There was a reason why Shaq and Kobe won and nothing else. Throw in PJax too.

If you want to use the "plug in a prime player to discredit Kobe" argument, you're trolling and nothing else.

Last edited:
Y'all mentioning Steve Francis? Really?

Shaq had Penny and they never won anything, and he was putting in WORK. Way better than Prime Francis. There was a reason why Shaq and Kobe won and nothing else. Throw in PJax too.

If you want to use the "plug in a prime player to discredit Kobe" argument, you're trolling and nothing else.
You mean MJ and Hakeem?

I am not saying Kobe didn't play a part in those championships. I am saying that the fact that Shaq was able to win with Kobe averaging 15.6 points on .367 shooting in the 2000 finals shows that he could've won championships with many other star perimeter players in the league at the time: Iverson, Vince Carter, McGrady, Jason Kidd, Grant Hill, Gary Payton, Ray Allen, Pierce, Marbury, Steve Francis... Perimeter players who could give you around 25 every night on mediocre field goal percentages were a dime a dozen. There was no one even remotely like Shaq at that point and out of all these players Kobe was the one who had the luxury of playing with him. Ultimately, he was a passenger on Shaq's ship.

Once again you're proving yourself to be a troll

Look up Kobe number vs the Western teams in the West playoff those years. To be honest. The Lakers opponent in the Finals wasn't Finals worthy. Their real challenge was during the West playoff. Spurs, Kings, Portland etc

And Kobe showed up BIG. Anyone who said Kobe got carried is simply an idiot.
Not to mention that none of those guys he mentioned (except Payton) would have put up 25 a night while playing lockdown defense on the other end. Kobe was the best perimeter defender in the league during the Lakers title runs.

Without really thinking about it, I'd say Bosh is an much of a Hall of Famer as Manu and Parker are.

I know Bosh has more All Star appearances than them not sure about All-NBA team selections

Without really thinking about it, I'd say Bosh is an much of a Hall of Famer as Manu and Parker are.

I know Bosh has more All Star appearances than them not sure about All-NBA team selections

minus the rings, tmac has a better resume and i doubt he's making it. (one less all star appearance, multiple scoring titles, 1st , 2nd and 3rd team selections). **** even vince carter has a better resume.

the rings are the only thing that might get him in there though since the nba HOF is somewhat lax but his overall resume isnt that great.

minus the rings, tmac has a better resume and i doubt he's making it. (one less all star appearance, multiple scoring titles, 1st , 2nd and 3rd team selections). **** even vince carter has a better resume.

the rings are the only thing that might get him in there though since the nba HOF is somewhat lax but his overall resume isnt that great.

Pretty much all great players who did it for at least 5-8 seasons make the Basketball HOF

Pretty much all great players who did it for at least 5-8 seasons make the Basketball HOF

manu has more of a case than bosh does and people have been debating the past few weeks whether manu is HOF worthy. when you include his international resume which they will he has more of a case. however the thought of calling either of them a HOFer makes me feel dirty and makes the hall seem ****** to me.

^ man i dont even know what the hell im looking at 
laugh.gif

Once again you're proving yourself to be a troll

Look up Kobe number vs the Western teams in the West playoff those years. To be honest. The Lakers opponent in the Finals wasn't Finals worthy. Their real challenge was during the West playoff. Spurs, Kings, Portland etc

And Kobe showed up BIG. Anyone who said Kobe got carried is simply an idiot.

What were the great Kobe's averages in the WCF against the Blazers in 2000? You're quite simply a troll if you don't believe that other star perimeter players couldn't have matched those numbers. They faced their toughest overall opponent in 2000 - the 2000 Blazers. They faced their toughest finals opponent of the three peat in 2000, not counting the 2004 Pistons. And they won both of these series despite Kobe playing at a level where his play could've been replaced with many star perimeter players in the league of the time.

Kobe got carried. The sad thing is that Kobe himself knew he got carried. He couldn't live with it. If he was willing to accept his role, he could've won more championships with Shaq, but instead he ran him out of town with that dreadful 2004 Finals performance where he played only to win the Finals MVP and not the championship. If he was completely comfortable with his role on the three-peat teams and didn't feel insecure, no rift between him and Shaq would've existed and Shaq would've never left.

Why is the Lebron near the bench look like he is shooting left handed?

are shots from both sides of the court in this gif? maybe they mirrored it

edit: looking at it again, that lebron's jersey is backwards. the number is on the wrong side :nerd:

Last edited:
What were the great Kobe's averages in the WCF against the Blazers in 2000? You're quite simply a troll if you don't believe that other star perimeter players couldn't have matched those numbers. They faced their toughest overall opponent in 2000 - the 2000 Blazers. They faced their toughest finals opponent of the three peat in 2000, not counting the 2004 Pistons. And they won both of these series despite Kobe playing at a level where his play could've been replaced with many star perimeter players in the league of the time.

Kobe got carried. The sad thing is that Kobe himself knew he got carried. He couldn't live with it. If he was willing to accept his role, he could've won more championships with Shaq, but instead he ran him out of town with that dreadful 2004 Finals performance where he played only to win the Finals MVP and not the championship. If he was completely comfortable with his role on the three-peat teams and didn't feel insecure, no rift between him and Shaq would've existed and Shaq would've never left.

Like i said. Look up his number. In the playoff 00-02. The toughest opponent were Kings, Blazer, Spurs. All from 00-03. 02 Kings might be the toughest.

^spurs were done. i'll give you kings, but the spurs werent winning. david robinson could barely run with his back pain. the blazers were finished after that 4th qtr collapse, never were the same again.

I dont think kobe knew he was being carried..it irked him that public perception was that he needed shaq. In actuality, both parties were to blame and if im lal management and 1 had to go..u make that move 1001 times out of 1000. U can just tell he wanted to be the man so he can be on pace for individual and team greatness. Hence the emotional release after the 09 chip.

Back
Top Bottom