[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He came as close as you can to choking this series away badly too. He just got extremely lucky and the spurs choked even worse with FT's, then Duncan was taken out of the game and ray hits a 3. it magically erases his 2 turnovers and bricks in the final moments.

I said from the start the entire series was gonna come down to who plays better. Wade or manu. And that's exactly what happened

Yea but when wining championships you need a little bit of luck.

Too bad the Knicks don't have that much luck on their side.

He came as close as you can to choking this series away badly too. He just got extremely lucky and the spurs choked even worse with FT's, then Duncan was taken out of the game and ray hits a 3. it magically erases his 2 turnovers and bricks in the final moments.

I said from the start the entire series was gonna come down to who plays better. Wade or manu. And that's exactly what happened
Yea but when wining championships you need a little bit of luck.

Too bad the Knicks don't have that much luck on their side.
all teams get lucky in one way or another in the playoffs, championship teams are talented enough to make the most of those lucky breaks

The 2x champion Nike shoe conspiracy theory is literally some of the dumbest **** ever said on this message board.

2nd to that would be Lebron purposely playing / shooting like **** to make the game interesting.

And please keep playing up this "Extreme luck" angle guys. It is a joy to read, each and every time :smokin

Last edited:
Lebron: 2 Finals MVP's, 2 NBA championships, 4 Finals appearances

Kobe: 2 Finals MVP's, 5 NBA championships, 7 finals appearances.

Lebron got some more work to do

:lol:

Cedric Maxwell: 1 Finals MVP, 2 championships, 3 Finals appearances
Jo Jo White: 1 Finals MVP, 2 championships, 2 Finals appearances
Charles Barkley: 0 Finals MVPs, 0 championships, 1 Finals appearance

Damn Sir Charles, never realized how much more work you had to do in order to have the honor of being mentioned in the same sentence as all time greats Cedric Maxwell and Jo Jo White.

MVPs shouldn't be mentioned in your equation at all? You know, the award that doesn't have a single player who has won it and who is eligible for Hall of Fame not in the Hall of Fame? I can name you dozens of NBA champions not in the Hall of Fame, and even a couple of Finals MVPs - listed above.

3 MVPs > 3 Shaq piggybacked rings, which is what ultimately separates them

LeBron > Kobe

Lebron: 2 Finals MVP's, 2 NBA championships, 4 Finals appearances

Kobe: 2 Finals MVP's, 5 NBA championships, 7 finals appearances.

Lebron got some more work to do
laugh.gif

Damn Sir Charles, never realized how much more work you had to do in order to have the honor of being mentioned in the same sentence as all time greats Cedric Maxwell and Jo Jo White.

MVPs shouldn't be mentioned in your equation at all? You know, the award that doesn't have a single player who has won it and who is eligible for Hall of Fame not in the Hall of Fame? I can name you dozens of NBA champions not in the Hall of Fame, and even a couple of Finals MVPs - listed above.

LeBron > Kobe
yeah but if kobe had a good supporting cast in 05-08 he would have won mvp every year, plus he was robbed in 09

so 5 imaginary MVPS > 4 mvps

Kobe >>>>> Lebron

2010-11 was the year I thought it was going to happen, but unfortunately looks like we will never see a Kobe - Lebron Finals.

To quote someone who is widely agreed upon as the undisputed greatest ever at what he does: "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." :wink:

Yep, just like Neal, Green, and Kawhi all getting those "lucky" threes. Each of them were prepared and greatly seized the opportunity during this series.

The 2x champion Nike shoe conspiracy theory is literally some of the dumbest **** ever said on this message board.

2nd to that would be Lebron purposely playing / shooting like **** to make the game interesting.

And please keep playing up this "Extreme luck" angle guys. It is a joy to read, each and every time :smokin

Then explain the shoes then. I'll admit that a lot of the rigged conspiracies I'm spewing out are silly but the shoes have to be the most questionable of all, I definitely want to here a smart alec reason for those shoes

:lol:

LeBron > Kobe

Kobe had a legit part in those first 3 championships you can't say he didnt. You can't act like he was a "juwan Howard" in those finals and sat back collecting rings but if you wanna play that game lets not forget the fact that lebron had to team up with someone who was already an NBA champion to start getting some rings. It's no ones fault that lebron couldn't get it done with shaq on the cavs which he asked for...come to think of it shaq had a hand in that '06 championship with wade huh? >D

I am not saying Kobe didn't play a part in those championships. I am saying that the fact that Shaq was able to win with Kobe averaging 15.6 points on .367 shooting in the 2000 finals shows that he could've won championships with many other star perimeter players in the league at the time: Iverson, Vince Carter, McGrady, Jason Kidd, Grant Hill, Gary Payton, Ray Allen, Pierce, Marbury, Steve Francis... Perimeter players who could give you around 25 every night on mediocre field goal percentages were a dime a dozen. There was no one even remotely like Shaq at that point and out of all these players Kobe was the one who had the luxury of playing with him. Ultimately, he was a passenger on Shaq's ship.

Last edited:
I am not saying Kobe didn't play a part in those championships. I am saying that the fact that Shaq was able to win with Kobe averaging 15.6 points on .367 shooting .

Raymond, with his world class trolling always brings it up but never mentions that Kobe rolled severely his ankle and played like 10 minutes in one of those games :lol:

Last edited:
Raymond, with his world class trolling always brings it up but never mentions that Kobe rolled severely his ankle and played like 10 minutes in one of those games :lol:

Game 2 he rolled his ankle and played only about 12 mins if I remember correctly. He was guarding miller mostly the whole series and was locking him down. He didnt play game 3 and Indiana won that game. Even though shaq avg about 40 ppg that series Kobe was instrumental in that series. Yeah you could've thrown any up and coming guard who was avg 20 in that position and they probably would've won but Kobe played great D that series. He was also selected for first team all defense that year....and was the youngest player ever selected. Can't be mad at that in his first finals

Birdman and rio i think are gone, that miami minimum salary isnt going to support that habit of his

Birdman going off the wagon tonight? #justkidding #toofar
— Kevin Love (@kevinlove) June 21, 2013
Bird and Rio staying, Riley will add Oden and a combo guard or stretch 4.

I think AT LEAST one of them is gone, and a good chance that both are gone, why would they stay? they both have won and they could both make more money else where, I think they take the money

I think AT LEAST one of them is gone, and a good chance that both are gone, why would they stay? they both have won and they could both make more money else where, I think they take the money
Chance at another title. Birdman fit right in and Mario wouldn't leave the hands that feed him, despite some of the flak he takes at time.

Lowkey, I would want Riley to add Oden and Sonny Weems :nerd:

Yeah although Shaq got swept with the great Penny Hardaway in the finals , he could've won with almost any guard in the league at that time :rolleyes.

You honestly show how deep it goes by mentioning Marbury, Vince, and Steve Francis in the same sentence with Kobe...ridiculous.

Just because someone has comparable stats on another team doesn't mean they could find success within the triangles rigid structure and there are many other factors that influence a player and teams success or failure. That's like saying Bron could've won with Harden this year because he was another very good 2 guard in the league but it's definitely not that simple.

Back
Top Bottom