[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a Mavericks fan, it pains me to be rooting for the Spurs but I hate the Heat enough to do so. 

I think the Spurs are perfect team. To beat the Heat you need... 
  • Size -- to alter shots, get second chance opportunities, and take advantage of their small lineup 
  • Penetration -- you will not out shoot their rotation and as the saying goes, "long shots, long rebounds" (and fast breaks) ... get in the lane, get the shot up on the glass and take advantage of their lack of size 
  • A QB at the point -- secure the ball, you win the game ... again, fast breaks, can't give em up on turnovers... 
  • To make the shooters put the ball on the floor -- live with Miller, Allen, and Battier driving to the rim .. neither is a great passer or finisher off the dribble 
  • To make Lebron give the ball up early -- I think teams should trap him more and not allow him to hold the ball and then fullback his way to the rim in the isolation..  force someone else to orchestrate the offense 
All points easier said than done, but we're all here to Couch Coach lol. 

Last edited:
As a Mavericks fan, it pains me to be rooting for the Spurs but I hate the Heat enough to do so. 

I think the Spurs are perfect team. To beat the Heat you need... 

• Size -- to alter shots, get second chance opportunities, and take advantage of their small lineup 
  • Penetration -- you will not out shoot their rotation and as the saying goes, "long shots, long rebounds" (and fast breaks) ... get in the lane, get the shot up on the glass and take advantage of their lack of size 
  • A QB at the point -- secure the ball, you win the game ... again, fast breaks, can't give em up on turnovers... 
  • To make the shooters put the ball on the floor -- live with Miller, Allen, and Battier driving to the rim .. neither is a great passer or finisher off the dribble 
  • To make Lebron give the ball up early -- I think teams should trap him more and not allow him to hold the ball and then fullback his way to the rim in the isolation..  force someone else to orchestrate the offense 

All points easier said than done, but we're all here to Couch Coach lol. 

Yup same here.

I smelled Game Day when I woke up so Im ready..

Watching it at home tho..

Aint nobody got time for unneccessary court dates..lol

Just beat a 3 yr old DWI charge on top of that, so Im playin it safe..

Driving with influences :lol:?

What the **** is your problem?

He was laughing because illest35 put DWI instead of DUI. I don't think he knows that DWI is a real thing and what it stands for. He was laughing because he thought it was a mistake.

Last edited:
Heat fans are going to HATE Gary Neal after this series. He's going to hit some big buckets. 

I think Bosh is gonna have a great series. He's gonna be so relieved to not have to deal with Hibbert and West all game.

Also Battier is gonna have a much bigger role in this series too.

Only way I see the Spurs winning is if the Heat go ice cold from 3.

And I just hope the basketball gods give us some Lebron guarding Parker and maybe even Duncan at times.

Heat in 5

I smelled Game Day when I woke up so Im ready..

Watching it at home tho..

Aint nobody got time for unneccessary court dates..lol

Just beat a 3 yr old DWI charge on top of that, so Im playin it safe..

Driving with influences :lol:?

What the **** is your problem?

He was laughing because illest35 put DWI instead of DUI. I don't think he knows that DWI is a real thing and what it stands for. He was laughing because he thought it was a mistake.

Fair enough.

I think Bosh is gonna have a great series. He's gonna be so relieved to not have to deal with Hibbert and West all game.

Also Battier is gonna have a much bigger role in this series too.

Only way I see the Spurs winning is if the Heat go ice cold from 3.

And I just hope the basketball gods give us some Lebron guarding Parker and maybe even Duncan at times.

Heat in 5
So you're telling me Bosh rather guard Tim Duncan? ... or battle the boards with Splitter? Not sure I see the advantages of that or why I'm even responding given you said "HEAT in 5" -- which was my clue to you being irrational lol.  

Also, what makes you think Battier will have a better series? 

I don't like the fact that the finals are 2-3-2. I think 3 straight games in the alamodome is going to be rough. Lol, it should be 3-3-1

I don't like the fact that the finals are 2-3-2. I think 3 straight games in the alamodome is going to be rough. Lol, it should be 3-3-1
Rough for the Spurs. You can count on 1 hand the number of home teams that have swept those middle 3 games since the format was introduced nearly 30 years ago. San Antonio will likely have to get 2 in Miami to win this series

Last edited:
Hate the format. Always have. Always will. **** the media. They can suck it up for the good of the sport

Rough for the Spurs. You can count on 1 hand how many home teams have swept those middle 3 games. San Antonio will likely have to get 2 in Miami to win this series
I think it works out better for the road team with this format. 

Get a split and go home tied 1-1 .... you're sleeping in your own bed and not traveling for Game 5... win 2 at home which is very realistic and then all you need to do is split back on their floor. 

That extra time spent at home in a familiar setting is big IMO, especially for young players and role players that historically play better at the crib. 

Last edited:
Rough for the Spurs. You can count on 1 hand how many home teams have swept those middle 3 games. San Antonio will likely have to get 2 in Miami to win this series

I think it works out better for the road team with this format. 
Then you're ignoring the almost 30 year history of the format :lol: .

The format pits the home team at a disadvantage since they almost never win ALL three games.

in nearly 30 years, only 3 teams have done it. It's veyr very very hard to do

So you're telling me Bosh rather guard Tim Duncan? ... or battle the boards with Splitter? Not sure I see the advantages of that or why I'm even responding given you said "HEAT in 5" -- which was my clue to you being irrational lol.  

Also, what makes you think Battier will have a better series? 

Bosh has had a pretty good recent track record against the Spurs. Not taking anything away from Duncan and Splitter they're just not nearly as physical as the Indy bigs, not sure how you can really argue that. And the Spurs hardly ever attempt to get any offensive rebounds which is one of Miami's weaknesses and I think Bosh won't be as tired on offense because of it.

And I think Battier is a versatile defender which is something you need against the Spurs and he won't get abused this series. I also think he somewhat finds his jumper again.

All in all I think the Heat are just relieved they outlasted Indy, that was the team that gave them the toughest match up. Maybe its Heat in 6 but from everything I hear from Lebron he has revenge on his mind for '07 and if Wade gives them anything like he did in game 7 I see no way the Spurs win these games.

I had a crucial decision to make. I can only work out between 5-7 today if I chose to, but then I'd miss the first half.

After lots of deep thought, I'm gonna sacrifice the first half of the game to get a good workout in. Summers here, gotta stay on course. I'll try and keep an eye on the score through our the half...hopefully I don't miss a massive dunk.

Come at me non-TeamFit brethren.

Last edited:
More people seem to be in favor of the Spurs winning than I anticipated.

I've got LeBron getting his second ring in six.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom