[::NBA FINALS THREAD: HEAT DEFEAT SPURS 4-3. CONGRATS LEBRON & MIAMI. EARNED, NOT GIVEN::]

What Will The Outcome of The Finals Be?...

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs in 5

• Spurs in 6

• Spurs in 7

• Heat in 4

• Heat in 5

• Heat in 6

• Heat in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So the Miami Heat are going to lose 3 in a row? The team that hasnt lost 2 in a row since God knows when is going to lose 3 in a row now?

I would just like to hear why?

Miami is going to win all 3 in San Antonio and win in 5. No way can the Spurs win with Manu being worse than Wade.

So the Miami Heat are going to lose 3 in a row? The team that hasnt lost 2 in a row since God knows when is going to lose 3 in a row now?

It's about momentum. The series is now tied so game 3 is on an even playing field. With San Antonio being at home and getting blown out game 2 I expect to win game 3. Game 4 like game 2 will be a huge game. If San Antonio manages to pull it out then they'll close it out game 5. It'll be a little overwhelming for the heat. I'm not gonna neglect the fact that the heat are the best road team in the NBA but its the finals and right now Miami is playing with a so-so bosh, a not as aggressive lebron and a missing wade. These the defending champions?

[quote name="knightngale"][quote name="MaxElite"]

I would just like to hear why?[/quote]Miami is going to win all 3 in San Antonio and win in 5. No way can the Spurs win with Manu being worse than Wade.[/quote]I guess. :lol: :lol:

Miami is going to win all 3 in San Antonio and win in 5. No way can the Spurs win with Manu being worse than Wade.
Come on son really? Thats going overboard if I've ever seen it. One thing I will say though is that I dont expect to see a drastic change in the way San Antonio plays defense on Tuesday. LeBrons been doing nothing but deferring to teammates the first two games and its been killing us, even though we did win Game one, but I dont think it will last forever. Mario Chalmers definitely wont be doing what he did yesterday ever agian and the role players will struggle on the road. The way I see it two of the games in SA belong to us with a third one up for grabs. Manu Ginobli needs to be sat down for a while, hes not doing anything positive out there and this has been the story of the entire postseason outside of the game against Golden State. I would love to see them go with Neal and Joseph at once in place of Manu or just up Danny's minutes.

It's about momentum. The series is now tied so game 3 is on an even playing field. With San Antonio being at home and getting blown out game 2 I expect to win game 3. Game 4 like game 2 will be a huge game. If San Antonio manages to pull it out then they'll close it out game 5. It'll be a little overwhelming for the heat. I'm not gonna neglect the fact that the heat are the best road team in the NBA but its the finals and right now Miami is playing with a so-so bosh, a not as aggressive lebron and a missing wade. These the defending champions?

Theres no momentum first of all. Things change from Game to Game. If there was momentum, Miami would win the next one based off the bashing they just gave. San Antonio will adjust and play better at home, yes. That certainly doesn't give them a guaranteed victory for Game 3.

And I like how you just kinda casually give Game 4 to San Antonio and then have them close it out in Game 5. Great analysis there.

I mean i just dont see how this series ends in San Antonio. I think this series is destined for 7. The two teams are just that evenly matched.

Last edited:
I'm sticking to my Spurs prediction (obviously, my Avy rides on it)...

But it'll be funny to see people flip flop once again when the Spurs win at home.

Stephen A. Is my dude but he's lame for that one. How you gonna switch your pick when the series is only 1-1... Where's the integrity at anymore these days? No one has pride anymore. People just ride with whatever is hot. :smh:

[quote name="MaxElite"]Theres no momentum first of all. Things change from Game to Game. If there was momentum, Miami would win the next one based off the bashing they just gave. San Antonio will adjust and play better at home, yes. That certainly doesn't give them a guaranteed victory for Game 3.

I mean i just dont see how this series ends in San Antonio. I think this series is destined for 7. The two teams are just that evenly matched.[/quote]All of that.

There is definitely no momentum. Spurs w/ the surprising opening victory, Heat w/ the blowout response. No momentum either way.

No one is winning all 3 in SA. So for me, it's a matter of who is going to go 2-1 in Texas.

My pick is Miami in 6, but no part of me believes that SA gives up 2 at home.

And this is how it should be. 2 games so evenly matched between two teams that people are flip flopping and second guessing themselves and everything. I love it. Great finals so far.

And honestly, I'm at ease w/ the officiating. Perfect? Of course not, but the team who has played the best has won each game. That's all I want.

Last edited:
I agree Ska.
Nice to have a break from all the conspiracy theorists. Both games have been won by the better team.

Very little ref talk.
Lots of cookie talk.

Hope it continues.

Last edited:
Stephen A. Is my dude but he's lame for that one. How you gonna switch your pick when the series is only 1-1... Where's the integrity at anymore these days? No one has pride anymore. People just ride with whatever is hot. :smh:

I'm listening to the first take podcast right now and I didn't hear him change his pick. Him and Skip said the Spurs in 7.

Lmao The Heat blow the doors off the Spurs in the Finals and yall in here talking bout bon bons and cheesecake. hahaha.

Man if only you could do a side by side comparison of how this thread would look right now if the spurs won by 20.
laugh.gif
How about a side by side comparison if TP destroyed LeBron for a shot to close out the game...oh wait.
What???
laugh.gif

TP didn't destroy LeBron... But thats beside the point anyway.

If the heat were down 0-2 right now dudes wouldnt be in here talking about cinnebon.

I haven't heard it yet. I thought the first take podcast for the day is released a little later? I usually upload it later in the day onto my iPhone.

But anyways, I was just going off the information posted in here. A couple dudes said they saw him say that on First Take live.

Whoever wins game 3 will win the series

Nah..Honestly its too good to call right now IMO..

Sure everyone has their reasons/opinions/educated guesses/uneducated guesses for both teams..

But only 1 or 2 ppl know how this ends..No, let me stop..

Series is very entertaining, still got Spurs in 6 or 7..But Spurs for sure.(My uneducated guess)

Finally feeling the drawbacks to having the Spurs be relevant in the eyes of the general public today. "Hey how you doing Antidope, you look a little hot, did someone turn up the heat on you" and various other corny heat puns

Fraij doubts our ability to discuss Cinnabon.

mean.gif

Accepted, Challenge.
laugh.gif
Clearly your ability to discuss it cannot be questioned.

I just had to laugh last night from a unbiased bystanders perspective at how NT reacts to Heat L's vs Heat shalacking's.

Tuesday night, postgame: Cinnabon :smokin With milk or coffee? Or water? (to, you know, be healthy) Regular or mini? Caramel or frosting? Pecans or plain? And with Cinnabon coffee, cereal, Pillsbury cinnabon rolls, and other variations, IS CINNABON ATTEMPTING WORLD DOMINATION?

And my report on HEATED UP raspberry cheesecake and white chocolate macadamia Subway cookies.

homer_drool.jpg

every biased person thinks they are the unbiased one. :lol:

Last edited:
Nah, It's on the podcenter right now. I downloaded it like 40 mins ago.

Ahh ok cool. I'll be uploading when I go home for lunch.

And yeah ska. Don't let the panera bread Stan fool you, subway cookies warmed up ain't no poverty cookies. They're crack. I miss them :smh:

Last edited:
Fraij doubts our ability to discuss Cinnabon.

:smh:

Accepted, Challenge.
:lol: Clearly your ability to discuss it cannot be questioned.

I just had to laugh last night from a unbiased bystanders perspective at how NT reacts to Heat L's vs Heat shalacking's.

My thing is, it's nice to be able to have the Finals thread open and so far nobody at each other's throats. Every year it gets worse and worse, people lining up to go at one another, this year tho, somehow, all the cookie talk has kept people a little more chill. Thursday night there was both Spurs fans, and Heat fans talkin cookies, ice cream, hostess snacks (RIP :smh: ) etc without anyone getting rowdy. No bans, no warnings (outisde of never eat specific cookies without milk) and so on.

Will it last forever? No, probably not. But for at least a little while, after a Heat loss, and a Heat win, folks were more interested in talkin the game a little, and then laughin and jokin about late night snacks than shouting out stans or fanbases, etc.

So far, I prefer this type of FInals thread than the others I've witnesses the last 7-8 years. I just might get fatter from it. :lol:

Lmao The Heat blow the doors off the Spurs in the Finals and yall in here talking bout bon bons and cheesecake. hahaha.

Man if only you could do a side by side comparison of how this thread would look right now if the spurs won by 20.:lol:

How about a side by side comparison if TP destroyed LeBron for a shot to close out the game...oh wait.
What??? :lol:

TP didn't destroy LeBron... But thats beside the point anyway.

If the heat were down 0-2 right now dudes wouldnt be in here talking about cinnebon.

I said for a shot to close the game, not in the entire game. And on that last shot, yes he destroyed lebron.

Tuesday night, postgame: Cinnabon :smokin With milk or coffee? Or water? (to, you know, be healthy) Regular or mini? Caramel or frosting? Pecans or plain? And with Cinnabon coffee, cereal, Pillsbury cinnabon rolls, and other variations, IS CINNABON ATTEMPTING WORLD DOMINATION?

And my report on HEATED UP raspberry cheesecake and white chocolate macadamia Subway cookies.

homer_drool.jpg

:smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom